Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

What are people making of this final test then? I'm a bit disappointed that we seem to be happy to try and get the draw. However I am also very disheartened that a lot of people seem to be getting on the debutantes backs. Boycott in particular has narked me with his continuing jibes at Woakes. Yes we all know he's not quite there yet, but give the lad a chance FFS! Really hope he makes a score tomorrow, and shows the doubters wrong.

Test cricket can be dulle at times but today was something else, england obviously lost the toss and were set a score that meant we were never really going to win so we're going for the draw. Meant to be some rain about tomorrow so i wouldnt be surprised if we got it.

Oh well 3-0 it is! Can now feel smug and quote my pre-series prediction.  B) 

Any predictions for the Ashes series in England? I think the weather will play its part, so gonna go for 3-0 England.

And they wonder why people prefer the shorter games?

Don't really agree with this. Test cricket is still the pinnacle of the sport. Disappointing finish yes, but we've still seen some great cricket.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 4

Don't really agree with this. Test cricket is still the pinnacle of the sport. Disappointing finish yes, but we've still seen some great cricket.

I fully agree, I love test cricket and prefer it 100% to any other format, but there are people who think otherwise and it is justified in a way when bullshit like this happens. 4 overs? **** off

I fully agree, I love test cricket and prefer it 100% to any other format, but there are people who think otherwise and it is justified in a way when bullshit like this happens. 4 overs? **** off

I see your point mate. I let out a few swears when they came off too, but bad light, like bad weather is part of the game.

Â