Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

So not that much really, the one thing it has in its favour is the hardware which is top notch.

As an aside dont Google normally launch the new Nexus with the latest software on, as their hook to get you to upgrade. If so will there be a Nexus 4 at the end of the year this time round?

Totally forgot dropbox, 50gb of that is being used.

I think I'm using most of the added stuff on the S3. The thing is I have them and on vanilla android I do not. I'm in love with the video player, it's been stunning since the first S. I love the camera app too.

So the only touchwiz things I don't use are the music player,the keyboard and browser. As everyone and their mother runs a custom launcher I can't say the S3 is any different to all other android phones on that front. While chrome is almost everyone's default browser too.

Basically I use 80% of what Samsung has done in its skin. I've always loved their notification of bar. I'm also a fan of physical home button as it can be felt.

But the crux of the matter is the S series have been the best pieces of hardware for 3 years on the trot now. That's probably key and it'll be hard to dethrone them on that front given their vast manufacturing prowess. Giving them cheaper manufacturing costs.

Flipboard is very nice!

By the way re smart stay - should this work when you are browsing the internet or is just for book reading applications?

It works everywhere about 80% of the time. Which is better than 0% of the time. I imagine over time this feature will improve as the software advances.

I used my iPhone again last night for the first time in a week.

I was just wiping it to get it ready to be sold.

It seems SOOO tiny now I've been using an S3 for a week.

Oh I know. But obviously I haven't had a bigger phone until now.

There are advantages to having a smaller phone. But I think I'm happy to sacrifice those for the screen on the S3

There are, but the iphone has always been heavy for its size. Anyway the world is moved on from those small screens, even apple is too. I think a 5 inch screen in a shell the same size as the S3 is where the line should be drawn in the sand.

I have an S3, but for a phone that's hyped up so much it does have a couple of flaws.. firstly, on the notification bar you have to scroll across to get to the mobile data toggle, surely that should be the first toggle, or at least let me change the order!? Also mine has a poor maximum volume, are Samsung worried about me getting tinnitus?? Maybe this one is just me but the phone shuts down apps after a period of time, I can't find an ignore list anywhere?

Its not being updated any more, but its still out there. I have mobile flash player 11 on my phone (Nexus S, Android 4.0.4)

Whatever video player Chrome uses on mine doesn't really work properly.

You can watch the video ok, but the time bar always gives up after about 20 seconds for me, it just gets stuck (even though the video keeps playing) and means you can't pause the video or skip forward/backwards at will.

Have to use the Android browser if I'm watching videos on websites.

I liked the stock player on the S2, but am not feeling it on the S3 as it doesn't auto pause where I'm at on a track when I unplug the headphones. I listen to 2 hour dj sets so my position in a track is important.

Not that it'll make any difference as I'd imagine you'll still buy another music player (as will I).

But my stock music player on the S3 does autopause when I unplug the headphones. Maybe it's a setting you've deselected by accident?

Â