Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

What do you mean starting by default?

I used S Voice for about a minute when I frist got the phone, realised it basically didn't work, and haven't touched it since.

There's dozens of apps (bloatware is the appropriate name I believe?) that I'd love to get rid of.

You can hide the apps in the drawer so you can't see them. Most of them are doing nothing until you launch them. S voice is different. Go into it and hit the menu key, and then turn off the launch s voice and wake up command. Then long press home button and swipe s voice off the screen and never go near it again.

Hide them in the app drawer though so you never see them ever again.

Go into app drawer and hit menu key, then choose hide applications and check the ones you want to hide.

But turn off s voice like I said in above post before you hide it.

Is it possible to hide apps on Nova Launcher without upgrading to the premium version?

No. but other launchers have that functionality in the free versions. Try ADW.

Other tips for the S3, if you want the old Super Amoled Plus vibrancy back go into settings, display settings, click o screen mode and choose Dynamic. There is 4 options here for different saturation levels. There are settings to make your phone look like a gammy old washed out LCD if that's your preference. No harm in giving choice. Pity it doesn't default to Dynamic as Sammy fans love S Amoled vibrancy.

Also in display settings I change my font style to Helvetica as always as it's crisper to read. I also choose the setting that has battery % shown in the notifications bar as it's handy.

Also, I know this may be odd, but I prefer NoLED to the actual LED. So I turn off the LED in the settings and installed NoLED app.

Also in the accessibility settings I chose under call answering/ending to enable the power button to end a call like it was in the S2. I liked the feature.

Agree about the Helvetica and the Dynamic screen. Makes everything look that little bit sharper.

Absolutely loving the phone now. Any complaints I have are just really minor niggly things. There's nothing bad about it.

Definitely happy I made the choice.

You can turn it off in the settings I think. Otherwise download light flow app, but it lets you customise more.

Personally I prefer noLED app as it'll give me small icons on the black screen detailing what notification I have received. I can select what ones I want and the colour.

Â