Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Will defo be different to Nexus. Will be quad core and HD resolution on SAMOLED Plus screen, prob around 4.6 inch. We kinda know that much so far. Plus you'd imagine they'll improve camera from 8mp to 12.

Galaxy Nexus camera is only 5mp. Same as the Nexus S and Galaxy S. But the Galaxy Nexus takes far superior photos to both, about on par with the GS2, which shows that pixel density isn't everything.

True, but you'd imagine Samsung will improve the camera from the SGS2 to the SGS3 whatever they do. I have taken thousands of photos with the S2 on my travels and the camera is great. So I'm not worried about the S3 camera being much better.

I just want better batterylife and a bigger better screen in a similar sized footprint. That's all really. Something new in the looks department wouldn't go amiss either.

Wow wow wow , there's a SGS3 coming out ? I've had my SGS2 for about 12 months and love the thing but i've litterally only scratched the surface compared to you lot , so what this GS3 gonna be like then ?

Meh, looks ok, 4.8inch screen but not edge to edge so will be hefty. Camera stays at 8mp will look to see reviews of it. Also 133g is too heavy, but ok if battery is huge.

Basically Meh. **** all knew you can do with new smartphones really.

Oh really? Super Amoled with a HD display. Maybe it was too expensive to have both higher res and S AMOLED

It seems it's all these new gimmick software talking stuff that are the new features. Also I'm not loving the look.

Most places are saying it is Super AMOLED. Are you sure it isn't?

Shame the screen isn't edge to edge and that the camera hasn't improved. I think I'll stick with my SGS2 for another year and see what comes along.

It'll come down to the reviews, if it's better batterylife and the screen is better I may get it as a 4.8inch screen would be useful. I use internet alot. But I'm not rushing out and pre ordering like I did when I saw the S2.

Very Meh isn't it. Anyone really use the gimmick software on their phone?

Not S AMOLED Plus, so it's pentile display of old S AMOLED

Indeed. This picture shows the difference between the SAMOLED of the S and SIII and SAMOLED+ of the SII.

It'll come down to the reviews, if it's better batterylife and the screen is better I may get it as a 4.8inch screen would be useful. I use internet alot. But I'm not rushing out and pre ordering like I did when I saw the S2.

Very Meh isn't it. Anyone really use the gimmick software on their phone?

I did tell you not to sell yourself on the SIII before it was unveiled. It was always going to be a bit of a disappointment.

True, I will wait on reviews tbh. I want a bigger screen and better batterylife. But the step up on thos gen of smartphones is not much over last years.

They better have an all black phone, I don't like fancy colours.

tbf, it looks like it'll be more than the sum of it's parts. Lots of little things there that can help tbh. I like the charger pad, that'd be well handy. It's great that it's a removable battery and has sd card slot.

Could be worth the upgrade. Jury is out until reviews.

My contract is up next week, so I'll be upgrading, still unsure as to which to. It's not as clear cut as I'd hoped it'd be, so will wait on the reviews before deciding between this and the one x. I'm still on the desire, so whichever will be a massive upgrade.

Yeah I'm the same, but on reflection after initial disappointment there's loads of useful stuff there. That video in small screen is actually seriously handy, I'm always watching stuff and getting G chats on my phone. That'd be so handy. Plus the screen not turning dim while you're reading as it knows you are reading something is also helpful.

The camera software and zero lag is something HTC has too, but it's better thn my S2. Plus Techradar are saying the screen is unreal and seen to be believed, so will take that into account despite the old pentile, AMOLED is still miles better than LCD. 4.8inch screen is what I'm keen on, but Batterylife needs to be improved from S2, 3100nmh isa big battery tbf.

The wireless charging is cool, that'd be very handy and the answering of a phone by just picking it up from the desk is also handy. I like keeping home button, removable battery and removable SD. Plus 64gb internal storage is mental, with up to 64gb micro SD slot too.

To be fair, it's got plenty to be positive about. I'll prob be getting one unless the reviews are lukewarm. Sure my 30th is 3rd of June, only present my family can get for me.

Â