Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Yes. If another SIM works, it's your SIM, If another SIM which works in another phone doesn't work in yours, it's the reader.

If it's the reader, then The_Rev's tip is a good one, as is using a pencil eraser to clean the reader's contacts (if reachable).

I wouldn't give a shop my custom again if they didn't try basics like this.

Using swype, can't see any options to change the smilies, seems to be built into the core software rather than the keyboard (if that makes sense). I used the exact same swype software on my One X and that had proper round smilies.

Cheers, will check that out. Seems like a bit of a miss from Samsung, looking around tinternet lots of people 1) hate the andoid smilies and 2) hate that they cannot be easily toggled to standard emoji ones.

Ok so I am off to Crete tomorrow for 10 days, the hotel has wireless broadband so I was hoping that netflix on my google nexus 10 would entertain the kids for portions of the day when its too hot.

SO I contacted netflix, they say they don't provide it in greece. I looked into some ways of proxying but it says the platform is not supported (chrome on a tablet I guess?) the chrome extensions store seems to be for PCs only?

Any suggestions as to how I can get round this?

Was out and about yesterday and saw the Galaxy Mega in the flesh. Its bloody huge..................................................I want one!!

Yep me too. The more I use my phone the more I realise the screen size is the major drawback.

The mega is a phone. A giant phone in that it is designed with cramming in a big screen into as slim a package as possible. Tablets are not always as concerned with aiming for zero bezel etc..

Plus the Engadget review was very favourable for the device.

If you have a Netflix account and using a VPN to give you a USA IP Address you can watch Netflix USA so surely you should be able to watch Netflix Greece while in Greece.

Unless they have now tied the account to a particular country.

Yeah, it's a VPN you need, not a proxy. I have my own so I can't recommend a commercial one, sorry.

Remember when selecting a VPN (like a proxy) that the company providing the service potentially have access to all your data, so use https everywhere you can.

Anyway so I have tunnel bear and it works etc, however there is a data limit (500mb +1GB for tweeting about how awesome they are) Is that the total data I can stream through them? Streaming movies etc will eat that up pretty quick? So should i pay for a the full package if so?

EDIT: for 3 pounds thirty six per month for unlimited data I am going to take the gamble :)

Edited by robojoel

Â