Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thing about possible other bids confuses the hell out of me.

I understand that Ellis and Petchey have signed irrevocable commitments to sell to Randy, and the Board is recommending the bid to the shareholders at large.

I understand that these commitments are "soft," in other words, can be altered if a better bid comes in.

So can someone tell me now:

What happens if a new bid comes in, which Ellis goes for and Petchey doesn't (or vice versa)???

This whole business of revocable irrevocable undertakings seems lkike a nonsense to me.

If that happens then the board cannot unanimously recommend the bid. In this instance I believe that Whoever has the majority of shares would decide which bid to accept.

Damian = Damian Dugdale - he claims to be the nephew of Sir William Dugdale, he used to live in South Africa and now he lives in Sweden

I don't think my personal opinion of him would be fair to put on here, I also don't want a card

I'll do it for you, he's a cock. A cock and a knobend.

I belive you are wrong in that comment and the abuse is totally unnecessary

If AV06 are to bid and have it recommended, does that give Lerner another 10 days to respond?

Or is 23rd August THE day?

Thats a very good question, i would of thought they have set a deadline because it could potentially last all year and id imagine Rothschild would want it cleared up!

Damian = Damian Dugdale - he claims to be the nephew of Sir William Dugdale, he used to live in South Africa and now he lives in Sweden

I don't think my personal opinion of him would be fair to put on here, I also don't want a card

He's William Dugdale's nephew??

So is Tory leader David Cameron. Good God, imagine being related to him (even though he's a Villa fan)

What pisses me off about this Padfield consortium is the blabbing in the press as if they really are dictating the football aspects.

Bragging how much transfer funds they have for the manager in an attempt to trun us supporters to their side. Problme is that by saying this and their bid succeeds (which I doubt) then immediately they'll have added 3-5 to god knows extra million on the pricetags of any player we go for.

Also, saying that they have players lined up to bring in. I trust Martin O'Neill to decide who HE wants to sign, not you and your mystery backers. IT'S UP TO THE MANAGER WHO HE BRINGS IN!!!!

What has he been saying now Bicks?

Have AV06 started making waves - now that is a suprise. :winkold:

I want the best bid for AVFC. That might or might not be Lerner. That might or might not be AV06.

Do we trust Doug, or shall we ask the VFC to choose?

Looking at what has been said today I have one question

Have AV06 been spealing to the Supporters Trust in the knowledge that Mr.Lerner and associates have been in regular dialogue with The Shareholders Association?

What difference would it make?

Have AV06 been spealing to the Supporters Trust in the knowledge that Mr.Lerner and associates have been in regular dialogue with The Shareholders Association?

The word 'shareholders' should give that one away Lee......

So my proxy vote as a Shareholder that I give the Trust counts for nothing.

Do keep up.

:winkold:

Do keep up.

Of course it does. I don't understand what you mean.

I thought Dennis was talking about the various consortia trying to get one of the Shareholders 'clubs' on board?

Do keep up.

Of course it does. I don't understand what you mean.

I thought Dennis was talking about the various consortia trying to get one of the Shareholders 'clubs' on board?

I think that perhaps he is reading far to much into it - only he can answer. Any prospective buyer would be "duty bound" to test the water with Supporters as they are the inelastic recipients of the clubs product at the end of the day.

Surely AV06 have spoken to Villa/Rothschild already? Well if indeed there deal does "blow randy Learners deal out of the water" fair enough lets listen. The present deal isn't going though before the End of the window so a few more weeks wont hurt will it(well i suppose other than my sleeping patten)?