Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

There's very very very low liquidity in this stock,

Yeah but to be fair its been like that for days!...and as PB pointed out who of small shareholders are going to want to sell shares at £5.00 when they'll more than likely get £5.60?!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's very very very low liquidity in this stock,

Yeah but to be fair its been like that for days!...and as PB pointed out who of small shareholders are going to want to sell shares at £5.00 when they'll more than likely get £5.60?!

Problem is why is the price still £5.00 if a takeover at £5.60 is imminent. Market forces should dictate a price far closer to the £5.60 mark.

Richard, I'm confused regarding how capital gains tax applies to company assets. And I'm sure assets get revalued all the time; we wouldn't have wanted to revalue it before because the increase in value would have been taxable?

Companies don't pay capital gains tax as such, it is part of the corporation tax computation as a whole and thus if the losses around it are great enough it should be lost amidst them. Unsure as to what the land was initially valued at although am fairly sure the losses villa are carrying will cover the gain made on it

In addition we are able to cliam capital allowances

What has happened to Neville's bid? I thought he was the only one to have officially submitted a bid, and yet there has been no statement to the SE. Now he's on about joining with AV06, strange behaviour if a bid has been placed with the board already

What has happened to Neville's bid? I thought he was the only one to have officially submitted a bid, and yet there has been no statement to the SE. Now he's on about joining with AV06, strange behaviour if a bid has been placed with the board already

I hope your not doubting the "life long Villa fan"

It was an indicative bid. If it was a formal bid then it would have to be announced as being received by the club to the stock exchange.

Neville's bid IMO is a dodo. But thanks must go to him for playing the opening gambit for which all other interested parties - well AV06 only actually - have come into the open.

His was an indicative offer which he submitted to Rothchilds. No statement needs to be made re indicative offers.

It would seem, however, that ROthchilds haven't recommended that the AV board accept this offer, so Neville is exploring other options.

No official bid has been placed yet by anyone. All Neville's bluster in the media has so far amounted to nothing. I asked the question on here - Why has he not placed an official bid yet if he's so keen to win the race. And someone made the point that if he was to make a bid it would be flatly refused by Rothschild as not being good enough considering the backing of the other 2. That's also why he is running around looking to merge with other bids.

Until last night at least no-one had submitted a formal bid for the company. Several indicative bids ("I might take this further if...this that and other...") had been submitted.

Neville has several times indicated he was going to bid, but.....well he hasn't (up to last night).

Until last night at least no-one had submitted a formal bid for the company. Several indicative bids ("I might take this further if...this that and other...") had been submitted.

Neville has several times indicated he was going to bid, but.....well he hasn't (up to last night).

Does that mean there has been a change in the landscape since last night Blandy?

Or just that we wouldn't know if there had been?

I thought HDE had 38% and Petchey 20%?

Hardly the vast majority.

An exaggeration on my part. Still 58% is 58%. Given that between 10-20% are "missing", it is certainly a huge chunk. The remainder are all smallholdings of less than 1% IIRC

Problem is why is the price still £5.00 if a takeover at £5.60 is imminent. Market forces should dictate a price far closer to the £5.60 mark.

There is no supply. Who is going to sell at £5 when they know with certainty they will get £5.60 if they want in the next month. You would need to bid over £5.60 to tempt someone, wouldn't you, and why would you do that when you know they're only worth £5.60?

There is no supply. Who is going to sell at £5 when they know with certainty they will get £5.60 if they want in the next month. You would need to bid over £5.60 to tempt someone, wouldn't you, and why would you do that when you know they're only worth £5.60?

The lowest anyone's willing to sell is 5.05 actually. You'd be able to pick up some shares for that, and if you're certain it wont fall back - then the easy money is yours.

The lowest anyone's willing to sell is 5.05 actually. You'd be able to pick up some shares for that, and if you're certain it wont fall back - then the easy money is yours.

Well, you;d make 55p per share if you bought at that level. brokers fee is what?

You are looking at a 10% margin less fees. IMO you would need to put up quite a bit of cash to make that a worthwhile speculation, and thats assuming there are "enough" shares available at that price to make it worthwhile. Now I know that big punters will happily settle for 10% or even much less margin, but there arent shares in that sort of volume available, for sure. Lets face it, as a small punter you;d be better off going to the bookies and betting on a horse that was 1/5

Does that mean there has been a change in the landscape since last night Blandy?

Or just that we wouldn't know if there had been?

I used last night, because there was no LSE statement made yesterday, therefore it was confirmed fact.

I have not the slightest idea what if anything/nothing has/might happen today.

Hindsight tells us the we might be on the verge of a better package now but at the time that approach was handled appallingly.

He took the Comers for chancers they were and that they wanted nothing more than the land. He called their bluff and they fell away into the background.

Hopefully he won't balls this up now we have some "real" players.

Blimey, yes well done Doug skillfully avoided those Irish chancers and single handedly bagged O'Neill to boot, what a chairman you are.... :roll:

So you would have prefered Ranson then :crylaugh: