Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

oooooh, thats wierd.

Maybe he miss heard?

Maybe he means he doesn't want to have to hire a new manager again?

I'm so confused. :S

Lol, same. At first I thought he misheard, but having watched it again, and again, lol, im pretty sure he understood.

He's gone, he's more or less confirmed it now. Bring in Randy!!!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oooooh, thats wierd.

Maybe he miss heard?

Maybe he means he doesn't want to have to hire a new manager again?

I'm so confused. :S

Lol, same. At first I thought he misheard, but having watched it again, and again, lol, im pretty sure he understood.

He's gone, he's more or less confirmed it now. Bring in Randy!!!

I was like you Jas - Had to watch it a couple of times before I was sure he hadn't misheard! I am certain he hadn't.

I think Ellis has been a shit chairman but what I will say is im starting to feel slightly sorry for the guy, We can all sit here and say the guys a prick but he is a big Villa fan whether we like it or not and if you were the chairman of a club you loved, it would be hard to leave , yeah hes a shit chairman etc but I do feel sorry for him now because it seems as if he is going to leave but hes getting slagged off by more or less everyone thats gotta be hard

I think he didnt understand the question. "Will this be your last signing as a Chairman" - Doug heard "Oh mighty Doug of Aston, will this be the last manager you hire as Chairman of Aston Villa".

i know what you mean gr8 barr. i feel sorry for him knowing that he only wants the best for the club but can't do it, he is right to be slated for it, but that would crush me to be hated by people i want to like me.

RUBBISH.

Did you know Jon Fear was BANNED from the press conference tonight?

Why?

One can only presume why.

Any man who hangs up pictures of himseld with the title "MR ASTON VILLA" over Villa Park does not deserve to be there. Any man who treats fans with such contempt, does not deserve to be there.

30 years of lies and mismanagement.

Why?

I'm a big fan of JF, but he had no place at today's press conference and it was right that he was refused entry.

If JF was allowed in, I should be allowed in.

It won't be a popular view, but JF is more effective when he's not trying things like that.

In anticipation of the days weeks months and years ahead, I've been reminding everyone I know this afternoon, where I was when we were shit.

What about you?

I was stood in the away end at Charlton and got told by DOL we couldn't compete with them!

Why?

I'm a big fan of JF, but he had no place at today's press conference and it was right that he was refused entry.

It won't be a popular view, but JF is more effective when he's not trying things like that.

I agree. JF is a very articulate man who doesn't need to pull 'stunts' in order to get his opinion across. No offence intended......

Why?

I agree. JF is a very articulate man who doesn't need to pull 'stunts' in order to get his opinion across. No offence intended......

And one of the few times I can agree that JF shouldn't be allowed in there when it is a press conference. I have the greatest respect for all he has done, and is still doing but on this occasion I do believe it was a bad call on his part.

RUBBISH.

Why?

Because he's not a proper journalist? It was a time to rejoice and not ask questions regarding a takeover?

But as head of one of (if not the biggest) supporters' group surely he should have been allowed in?

Ah no I forgot.

We all love Doug now.

No, bollox, we don't.

But if JF wants to be a straight-talking, no-frills voice of reason, he should avoid stunts like this.

It's fine that he tried to gain entry alongside a BBC journalist, I've blagged my way into many events; but, he should not be surprised that he was refused entry nor should he ring Phil Mepham to complain about it.

Just suck it up JF, accept that the press conference was going to be heavily stage managed and make your noise outside.

Ah no I forgot.

We all love Doug now.

In fairness, I've never hid my true feelings regarding the old coot. Awful, awful chairman who should have resigned the first time he 'lost the vote'. But at the same time a very sick old villa fan who perhaps doesn't deserve some of the bile directed at him.

I doubt outside of his family anybody loves him John, methinks you may be overreacting.

ITs not the fact that he was refused entry. If they asked for press badges and he didn't have one, that's fair enough.

It's the fact that Phil Mepham put his name on a list of people who were not to be allowed in.

Anyway, doesn't matter.

He may now be the favourite 82 year old of a few people now (fickle?) but he'll be off now.

Hoorah.

ITs not the fact that he was refused entry. If they asked for press badges and he didn't have one, that's fair enough.

It's the fact that Phil Mepham put his name on a list of people who were not to be allowed in.

Anyway, doesn't matter.

He may now be the favourite 82 year old of a few people now (fickle?) but he'll be off now.

Hoorah.

The only thing that surprises me is that someone thought far enough ahead to do that.