Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this awefull feeling that DE won't sell and will still be here this time next year. And as previously stated I won't be setting my plates of meat in Villa Park again whilst this is the case.

So I'll be down the Bescott Stadium a bit to watch Dickie Dosh's team!!! It's sad when it gets to this point!!

I know the feeling JT - alreaady got tickets to Wovles v Ipswich next week :(

Nah you don't want to do that, you want to go and eat bonser's pie and watch Dickie Dosh's flowing hump-it football!!! ;)

I wait to be proved wrong, but I doubt I'm going to be!!! :(

Thought I'd reproduce everyones favorite quote, should bring a few smiles back to the tired faces around here...

“If there is a club in the country which

deserves to be dubbed the greatest (and the

matter is one of some delicacy) few will deny the

right of Aston Villa to share the highest niche of

fame with even the most historic of other

aspirants. For brilliancy and, at the same time, for

consistency of achievement, for activity in

philanthropic enterprise, for astuteness of

management and for general alertness, the

superiors of Aston Villa cannot be found”. - William McGregor

Hot off the unofficial rumour mill I've just bin told on phone from someone I trust and who has connections at VP and has always come up trumps in the past - MON is a done deal but what's holding him officially being appointed is Takeover being sorted...

What also made me laugh was his tale of two Blues & Albion fans who'd both written to their prospective Chairman regarding relegation & their non renewal of Season Tickets this was outcome:-

Blues fan wrote to KB relating his non renewal of Season Ticket & disgust at relegation. Swore he wouldn't renew until they were promoted back to Premiership

Had immediate letter back from KB personally inviting him to meet with her to air his views. Blues fan wrote back declining invitation. Immediate Letter back from KB enclsosing free tickets for first 4 home games in HIS normal seat!! Nice gesture IMO!

Albion Fan - Wrote similar letter to Chairman of WBA. Had personal response from him & an invitation to meet with him, which he accepted. Had a one to one meeting with said Chairman and was told Robson had been given 12months to turn it all around otherwise he was out!!

Now I know its the Blues & the Albion but you gotta acknowledge their attitude towards their supporters...Villa fans are treated with disdain and indifference continually by Ellis...he doesn't even bother responding to emails or letters anymore!!

Julie,

Rumour has it that 10.000 ST holders did not review. It would take Doug about 5 years to meet each and every one of them for one hour each.

The 10000 could all go see him togeter and charge at him like a heard of elephants as soon as he shows his face.

Rumour has it that 10.000 ST holders did not review. It would take Doug about 5 years to meet each and every one of them for one hour each.

Good keep him busy!!...Maybe then someone with an ounce of common sense could check the Expense Statements.

Its the principal I was talking about...the fact that we're thought of as somehow a necessary irritaion in the Ellis empire

Hot off the unofficial rumour mill I've just bin told on phone from someone I trust and who has connections at VP and has always come up trumps in the past - MON is a done deal but what's holding him officially being appointed is Takeover being sorted...

Not getting at you Judy but I think every member of this board could work that one out! :)

Not getting at you Judy

Its Julie but never mind!!...lol

Well to be honest I was beginning to wonder!!

it might be a done deal but it could all go belly up if everyone backs out ..I still won't beleive it till I see it that MON would ever work with Ellis unless a takeover goes through & there's a transfer budget