Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Yay the board is back.

Okay this was written hastily as I listened and gives some of the points I picked up on from the 5live program.

Padfield.

Representatives by other consortia – Neville is most certainly mentioned. Possible but no serious discussions.

Rothschilds got back to Padfield – Extent to which Ellis wants to retain stake. Also position of Petchey and what position is of team manager – what the nature of contract is. No discussions with Mr Ellis at all. We find it surprising Doug Ellis or no one in the club has contacted us.

Wants to improve the stadium.

Padfield wouldn’t be surprised if Ellis wanted some role – would welcome it. It would depend on nature of the role – if informal role can’t understand what the fans object to.

We would want much more involvement with the fans and much more of their views.

Reports on manager – no formal decision had been made. MON – Unknown what the position is either with Neville or otherwise. No contact with MON from Padfield.

If bid is forthcoming – meetings next Tuesday – no great rush to make a bid because don’t all have all the relevant information.

AVFC - Have watched occasionally but not a main fan.

Athole Still – 5live understand are seriously interested. Haven’t been contacted since last week and not joining forces with anyone and feel they have good bid. Been about for a couple of months and 5live gave impression that a bid has also been put in by them.

Lerner – 5 live say Lerner’s men still have to come back to discussions and nothing has changed from the beginning of the week.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In summary:

* Padfield (AV06) and Neville may link up, though no real discussions as yet. AV06 could also link up with another unnamed consortia.

* Padfield waiting on Villa to get back to him, though Rothschilds have contacted him. Critical issues: whether Ellis and Petchey want to retain a stake, what their view is of managerial appointment.

* No discussions yet with Ellis -- Padfield surprised by this. Believes no offers have been made as yet. Expects Ellis to want to retain some role if not investment -- would welcome Ellis' "informal" involvement.

* Laudrup and Jensen are possibilities -- no formal decision has been made. O'Neill an option but Padfield has had no contact.

* "Couldn't say" when offer might be forthcoming -- not in "great rush" because don't yet have all relevant information. Padmore has meeting on Tuesday, likely with Neville.

* Pat Murphy says Lerner's people still talking about reinitiating negotiations, subject to undertaking of no more "intransigence from Ellis" and further questions over Ellis' desire for future role. Lerner likely wants 100% of Villa, so Petchey obviously a key player. Possibility Ellis may sit tight, but odds overwhelmingly against it.

* Still consortia are seriously interested in buying Villa -- met Villa two months ago, haven't spoken for a week -- consortium isn't looking to tie up with anyone else.

Did anyone see what the Lerner SSN thing was?

Just some American reporter giving out general US sports news - and what I caught he said he thought Lerner should be concentrating on the Browns and NOT looking to get Villa.

Jesus what is up with the internet today?!

I've been travelling home for the last hour or so and expected to come in and find another 15 pages on the takeover thread after the radio interviews etc! So I'm quite thankful in a way the boards went down :)

Those are pretty good summaries I think - nothing missing.

I think the end result is basically we're not going to hear if a bid has been accepted until at the earliest Tuesday / Wednesday next week.

was basically some bearded yank giving his opinions...

he doesnt think lerner will buy villa... and he was talking about how poor the cleveland browns have been recently....

but he made it clear that it was only his opinion....

Padfield and Neville joining forces to fight Doug!

1. Villa or Doug have not got back to him, and they asked questions to Rothchilds and spoken only to them, sounded pissed off that "villa haven't bothered to talk to them"

2. Nothing by the end of the week, meetings next Tuesday. Don't sound very organised

3. Doug still wants to be around :angry:

To me this sounds like Lerner is around now and the other parties are not ready yet, possibly Villa not getting back to them because they want Lerner.

Problem is i don't think Lerner will want to give Doug any role however little and this will be a problem.

Pat Murphy thinks that Lerner will want to own us 100% so Patchy will have to give up his shares along with Doug (which might not happen).

This is nowhere near being finished imo. :shock:

Could wreck our season whilst the various parties are sorting it out, Padfield doesn't seem ready at all so that could drag as well.

Why does Padfield say that they havent had any contact with the club and that the club havent told them anything about what is on the table?

In an interview on Sky he state that he still havent talked to Ellis and hear about...

"One of the crucial issues is the extent to which Doug Ellis wants to retain a stake in the club or whether he is prepared to sell his entire shareholding," added Padfield.

Hasnt this been made clear or what are they doing at VP?!?!?

Does this stupid old man play an dangerous game with our club and with the company that is on its way to get sold? I find it very very strange that this kind of behaviour is allowed in a situation like this...I´m very critical about how Villa has approached interested parties and how long this take over saga has been going on. Something smells bad here!!!

Looking around various site's (F365, BBC, Mail etc) they all have differing accounts of what's going on at Villa. The only thing I take from this is that no bugger knows what's really going on, and most of it is media guesswork. Don't believe 5Live. I have a mate who's a senior sports producer there and he knows nothing more than what we all know. No-one has an inside track to what's being said behind closed doors, and representatives of various parties will all be briefing in their own interests. I wouldn't put too much importance to what 5Live says. At the end of the day they are just filling as much airtime as they can cos they have a lot to fill.

Padmore didn't seem very enamoured with Ellis' and the board & their response to the Consortium's legitimate questions like "Are they appointing a manager before the bids are tabled?" "If so what are the terms and conditions" Maybe someone should point him in Bill Howell's direction!

I was trying to Listen to Murphy & watch SSN about Lerner at the same time so maybe I didn't get it right but my overall impression was that Murphy was hinting that Ellis might not want to to sell but I know that's not true cos BF's Dad fishes with His Worshipfulness sometimes and he told me ages ago that he'd told his dad he definitely wanted to sell Villa as he was getting too old for it all. Which presumably why Roths were appointed.

I just think that this whole saga is very close to be embarrasing and it can all end in a big laugh around the world of how pathetic organization Villa have...

I think that this is the biggest problem and it is quite logic when everything has had to go through one man constantly...even if its just about paying a cup of coffee!!

Get the old man out NOW and please please start a new era at Villa where we all can be proud over our club!

Lerner is probably the best choice...but is he still in it? I doubt it really.

Neville is too weak and therefore has he seek to merge with AV06 that is stronger...but still a way off Lerner. Still might be the dark horse here...

TBH...it is the usual Villa mess...signed by Ellis!! I bet that we soon after the take over will see a book about it all...with Ellis bragging about how he played everyone around like small puppets and that he is the master of all business. I just wish that someone can come in and make this old dictator look like a piece of shite...from a fly! The man isnt bigger than that...he is totally incapable of anything..else than jerking himself off everywhere. I really hate this man...Mr Aston Villa...bah!!

Just confirms to me that neville is in thsi for his own self interests and not those of AVFC.

One giant ego trip

If that's the case, it's easy to see why he hasn't met Ellis yet. With their egos the NEC wouldn't be big enough to hold the meeting.