Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Just a question (don't know if it's been dealt with before, but feck me to go through all those pages :? ):

If we're taken over by say Lerner, can he terminate the contract with 32red, pay them money and wave "byebye" and get a new, bigger and better sponsor in?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to be thick.........

when did the LSe shut?

shuts in about 5 minutes

Worth always bearing in mind that if its an announcement Villa have some control over (e.g. when they announced new sponsors) it will always be between 5pm and 6pm or at around 7am i.e. before or after opening / closing hours

Just a question (don't know if it's been dealt with before, but feck me to go through all those pages :? ):

If we're taken over by say Lerner, can he terminate the contract with 32red, pay them money and wave "byebye" and get a new, bigger and better sponsor in?

I would assume with the amount of money Lerner has he can buy his way out of anything.

I would assume with the amount of money Lerner has he can buy his way out of anything.

Yes, probably, but is it legal? It sure must be, mustn't it?

Strange this. A person working at Villa called VillaSweden 2 hours ago, according to their website, and said there's something happening today, but it feels like it's off the mark.

In this instance though if the announcement is linked to the bids for AVFC the LSE needs to be informed first - By law...... So even if there was movement behind the scenes later tonight, once the LSE closes at 5pm, we wouldn't get any information until after they are informed *I stress if it is related to the takeover and bid/s* - So tomorrow would be the earliest if nothing happens before 5pm at the LSE.

Unless the LSE have already been informed, but the club (as is typical) are slow in announcing today's activities.

Yep absolutely - What I was trying to say - Unless the LSE are informed we won't get anything today.

But if the LSE is told something before closing today, it might take hours before AVFC make an announcement. Which we know would be so typical of them.

Strange this. A person working at Villa called VillaSweden 2 hours ago, according to their website, and said there's something happening today, but it feels like it's off the mark.

They're probably just setting up the press room for that press conference tomorrow lunchtime :D

If we are taken over, and we start spending some money on players (IF!!!!) 32red won't budge! They must be laughing right now, They probably got their name on our shirt for a song, and suddenly we could be serious players again!

(Touching wood!)

Well, i've waisted another day, off to see the misses.

I'm not gonna hold my breath about anything happening tonight. But i fully expect this thread to have gained another 10 pages at least before the nights out.

Shame. Trouble in paradise ?

haha ... there is for me. The GF bought me the Home Villa top and she's holding it to ransom. She's sending me Multimedia messages of it and the free goodies which arrived.

ON TOPIC: SSN was off the mark then. I guess there is no news until tomorrow at least. I doubt we'll get anything before 6pm.

Yes, probably, but is it legal? It sure must be, mustn't it?

In theory, yes the contract can be bought out. Equally that of Hummel can be bought out, as happened at Chelsea where adidas (boo, hiss) paid a lump sum to Umbro to get the kit deal.

That said, there is more to it than money. If Lerner comes in now and does that, who would be happy with their replica shirt which was already out of date? Team shirts would still have 32Red on them even though the deal was terminated- until Hummel could make some more. Villa would have to pay out a huge amount to Hummel for lost earnings, and to buy the old stock. They'd also have to pay a lot of money to 32Red. In the short term it'd be nonsense.

There's till time for next season, though :wink: