Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Cheers - I fear that we'll agree a deal with one but have to wait around until all of the other bids are either tabled and reviewed before we can finalise.

Hence taking up more precious time...

I have a feeling Doug wants to be in charge for at least the first game of the season - looking smug and quoting how he's lead us into the new season and a great future.... :evil:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Doug were (how I wish) to accept say Lerner's bid, does he have any legal obligation to listen to any of the other potential bids?? Or can he say, 'I've found the buyer I'm looking for, club sold'?

If a bid has been accepted by the board and recommended to the shareholders then that is as good as it.

Cheers - I fear that we'll agree a deal with one but have to wait around until all of the other bids are either tabled and reviewed before we can finalise.

Hence taking up more precious time...

I have a feeling Doug wants to be in charge for at least the first game of the season - looking smug and quoting how he's lead us into the new season and a great future.... :evil:

If there is only one bid and it is deemed good enough then the board need not wait for others to bid.

watching SSN, we should at least feel lucky that Ken Bates has found a new club. As bad as Doug in my eyes, he's totally in it for himself. He'll end up with a fortune from Leeds, thats for sure.

I Doubt it, not that I like the man I recon he's an arrogant gobshite. But Leeds is a challange for him rather than a huge money making scheme. For all his faults he does try to do well for his club - not that he's very good at his job either with all the debts he left Chelsea with.

1) Neville

2) Athole Still ?

Again, we have recieved no formal offers, only indicative offers, unless something has changed very recently

had we recieved a formal offer, Rothschilds would have been obliged to put it to the board, who would have to announce such to the stockmarket, and the board would have had to either accept or decline.

watching SSN, we should at least feel lucky that Ken Bates has found a new club. As bad as Doug in my eyes, he's totally in it for himself. He'll end up with a fortune from Leeds, thats for sure.

I Doubt it, not that I like the man I recon he's an arrogant gobshait. But Leeds is a challange for him rather than a huge money making scheme. For all his faults he does try to do well for his club - not that he's very good at his job either with all the debts he left Chelsea with.

That was Chelsea desperately trying to be a big club :crylaugh: Another few years and they'd have imploded.

1) Neville

2) Athole Still ?

Again, we have recieved no formal offers, only indicative offers, unless something has changed very recently

had we recieved a formal offer, Rothschilds would have been obliged to put it to the board, who would have to announce such to the stockmarket, and the board would have had to either accept or decline.

So out of curiosity. If Neville is so desperate to win this battle, why not make an official bid before anyone else does?

1) Neville

2) Athole Still ?

So out of curiosity. If Neville is so desperate to win this battle, why not make an official bid before anyone else does?

A very good point which tends to suggest that he doesn't have the finance in place and/or it has been indicated that his bid would not be accepted.

Because if he did, and the recommendation was to reject in favour of another bid, then thats him for the next 6 months at the least.

Better to wait and see what transpires

Does an official bid have to come in? Could the club have agreed with the interested parties that they would choose one from the informal offers on the table to save time? Then the chosen consortium go on to make a formal offer? I really haven't a clue how these things work.

Does an official bid have to come in? Could the club have agreed with the interested parties that they would choose one from the informal offers on the table to save time? Then the chosen consortium go on to make a formal offer? I really haven't a clue how these things work.

Thats about right..

The indicative offers that are currently with Rothchild's are probably being examined to see if they meet with the criteria set out at the start, and to see if the finance is in place.

One of those indicative offers will be chosen as the best deal, and it will be converted from indicative to official (probably just a small change of wording) and hey presto, offer is accepted.

He'll get leeds promoted, once that happens money will flow again and they have the fanbase that only a small number of clubs in this country can boast. This will make hima healthy profit when he comes to sell. Sorry off topic, last comment on leeds i promise.

Taken from ICBrum

O'Neill deal lined up two weeks ago

Aug 2 2006

By Bill Howell, Birmingham Mail

Martin O'Neill

MARTIN O'Neill has been in place to become Villa boss for at least a fortnight after being lined up by chairman Doug Ellis immediately after David O'Leary left the club.

Talks between Ellis and O'Neill took place at the outset of the fall-out from the alleged players' statement which ultimately cost O'Leary his job.

O'Neill is expected to be formally announced any day now, with the ongoing takeover talks getting in the way so far.

The fact that Villa's preferred buyer, Randy Lerner, has come back to the table and is likely to make a bid within the next 24 hours should then allow Villa to clear the way for O'Neill to lead the players on their pre-season tour on Friday.

Speculation had arisen of a second American consortium but it appears that it was Lerner's party all along who have spent the last three days at Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath.

Meanwhile, the AV06 consortium have now made a U-turn following talks with O'Neill and will stay in the frame to buy Villa, promising the Irishman £50million to make the club great again.

The Mail reported on Monday that the English-based consortium, headed by top international solicitor Nicholas Padfield QC, were going to pull out if O'Neill was appointed.

They had wanted to install their own management team of Michael Laudrup and John Jensen, but Padfield is believed to have made contact with O'Neill and assured him the group will give him their full backing should they prevail in the takeover tug-of-war.

Padfield will push for talks with Ellis, possibly at the start of next week, but he knows his consortium are playing catch-up to Lerner, whilst Athole Still's consortium of foreign investors remain on the scene.

The AV06 backers are drawn from a wide cross-section of investors both at home and overseas, including at least one billionaire.

They have promised to hand O'Neill a £30million transfer fund this month with a further £20million in the January window.

AV06 were believed to initially oppose O'Neill's appointment as they feared an overhaul of the reserve and Academy system which has served Villa well in recent years.

A spokesperson for the consortium added: "That is now not going to be the case. We have spoken with Martin's people and believe we can work with him.

"We are looking at a £50million transfer budget - £30million now and a £20million top-up in January."

Michael Neville

Michael Neville's group are believed to have all but disappeared from the running with doubts existing over whether he has the money in place.

Villa believe his funds are, in fact, in the form of a loan from leading shareholder Jack Petchey which would be repaid at high interest.

Michael Neville

Michael Neville's group are believed to have all but disappeared from the running with doubts existing over whether he has the money in place.

Villa believe his funds are, in fact, in the form of a loan from leading shareholder Jack Petchey which would be repaid at high interest.

Thats new isn't it? I wouldn't want this at all. Replacing one lecher with another one to bleed the club dry.

Folks, aircraft update, following a fair bit of digging

I have reason to believe that the aircraft that arrived from Dubai yesterday is *unlikely* to be associated with the takeover. It is owned by an Asian businessman whose appearance is a little different to the three guys shown around yesterday. Apparently this fellow has other interests in the area.

So Nuremburg, I think you were right about me being wrong, and that maybe it is RL's men we are talking about. Remember RL had a 2 hour meeting (briefing?) at Luton before he went home last week.

Meanwhile RL's jet is not planned to go anywhere just yet........