Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Just seen John Barnwell interviewed on SSN about Steve McClaren outside Villa Park today. The way things are going he'll probably be announced as new manager tomorrow.

Its ok there was a League Managers Association meeting there today just to confuse things and get load of managers talked about there lol

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a slightly different tack I heard an interview with a guy from the company that handles the shares. He made a strange statement insomuch as he described the Villa as not being saddled with the 'noose of a huge debt', but put it in such a way as there was a debt of sorts.

How much is not 'huge'? Say 25-30m?

On a slightly different tack I heard an interview with a guy from the company that handles the shares. He made a strange statement insomuch as he described the Villa as not being saddled with the 'noose of a huge debt', but put it in such a way as there was a debt of sorts.

How much is not 'huge'? Say 25-30m?

I would probably guess he means we don't have the debt of an Everton or West Ham.

SSN also reported that Villa are expected to make an announcement "at some point, tomorrow" with regards to the people being shown around today. I reckon they are Lerner's men not a 5th lot.

This is interesting, because there is only one announcement you could make. Well there's two

1) these guys were nothing to do with the ongoing discussions

2) The board recommends that shareholders accept the offer made by....

...........Randy Lerner. And was Ellis up to his usual ignorant, belligerent self by staying in the car rather than showing a little more interest ?

SSN also reported that Villa are expected to make an announcement "at some point, tomorrow" with regards to the people being shown around today. I reckon they are Lerner's men not a 5th lot.

This is interesting, because there is only one announcement you could make. Well there's two

1) these guys were nothing to do with the ongoing discussions

And why would they make the first statement? They haven't said anything about any of the other investors. Infact, wouldn't it be against SE rules for them to do so?

Of course, 'Sky Sports understands......' is hardly to be taken as gospel.

SSN tell us the Americans were shown around the training ground by the stadium manager (Tony Diffley ?) and that Mr Ellis stayed in the car throughout.

:lol:

I must admit, that raised a chuckle, not sure if they're just keeping him out of the way, or whether he can't get around a building site very well. If it's the former, good. If it's the latter, they should conduct all future negotiations at Bodymoor heath.

Doug has made one public statement since the players statement came out, and that was his shambolic appearance at the airport.

He hasn't come out fighting, he hasn't commented on any of the issues from the sacking of O'Leary, or publicly on either takeover or manager. He's not released anything about the annual report, he's basically not wanting to deal with any of the issues of the club.

Make no mistake, he's stopped working on the club other than the sale. This is the end. His final days.

and they're making him stay in the car.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fantastic :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Make no mistake, he's stopped working on the club other than the sale. This is the end. His final days.

and they're making him stay in the car.

Again; :clap::clap::clap::clap: