Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

What does Aitken do that is so wrong? I think it is very overrated that Villa need to bring in MON.

Aitken doesn't do anything wrong in my opinion, and if we weren't being taken over I'd be more than happy to give him full control as manager for this season. He has shown what he can do in pre-season and he has won trophies in Scotland with Aberdeen (that is no mean feat). But if we do get taken over and we are to move to the next level then I'd like no-one more than O'Neill to be the man to take us there.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My own gut feeling is that the only bid that could be done quickly enough to have a new manager in place by the start of the season or at least before the transfer window closes, would be a cash bid by Lerner if it is made in the next 48 hours. As Lerner has made it clear that Mon would be his manager of choice this might be an indication of things happening behind the scenes.

That is probably a good assumption. If RL buys Dougs shares and Petcheys shares he immediately has over 50% holding and can basically do what he likes. That could happen very very quickly....emphasis on COULD

But doesn't it take a while to complete the whole takeover process, like with Sunderland? The ManU and Chelsea takeovers also took a number of weeks I remember. Why would the Villa takeover be any quicker?

But doesn't it take a while to complete the whole takeover process, like with Sunderland? The ManU and Chelsea takeovers also took a number of weeks I remember. Why would the Villa takeover be any quicker?

Because with Villa, you can get nearly 60% of the shareholders in one very small room and get them to do the deal there and then. Once you have over 50% you have control and can do what you want. Yes you have to extend the offer to all the other shareholders and that can take a few weeks, months even if they have to commence a discovery process for the 'missing' shareholders.

Why is everyone happy about an MON appointment?

it would by the looks of it Marginilise (sp?) two fo the four bids.

An appointment should be when the board is installed. and not before.

It depends on the report you believe I suppose. There was one yesterday saying all four bids were united behind MON. It may be true, may not be. I think with the timescales involved though having some kind of acceptable interim solution agreed on is a good idea- we need a manager in asap. I would agree with the opinion though, that if Doug thinks he can hire O'Neil then back out of the takeover stuff he'll be in for a shock.

What does Aitken do that is so wrong? I think it is very overrated that Villa need to bring in MON.

So you'd rasther Aitkenm stay in charge than MON come in?

Until any take over is done and dusted...yes! I dont want the old board with Ellis and his kneedogs to put a new manager in that might disturb bidders on Villa...or disturb Ellis willingness to sell. If MON comes in he will do very good...I´m convinced...and it would itch in Ellis fingers to pull the trigger and stop all take over talks.

Ellis is the worst idiot so I wouldnt be surprised if he´s trying to win points from fans on this...and he´s stupid enough to think that he can bring either a player or a new manager in and then sit back and be king of the hill again. It has been done before and fans have bought it...

Because with Villa, you can get nearly 60% of the shareholders in one very small room and get them to do the deal there and then. Once you have over 50% you have control and can do what you want. Yes you have to extend the offer to all the other shareholders and that can take a few weeks, months even if they have to commence a discovery process for the 'missing' shareholders.

Gringo that is a valid point. As I understand it with the other takeovers, they were still able to operate to some degree even though the takeovers took some time anyway and they had full control.

And if the controlling share is over 50% in this instance then certainly it must make it easier to work quickly, even all the paperwork hasn't been completed.

And of course, if it is Lerner who makes and wins a bid, he would already be very aware - having spoken to supporters club etc - that he would be welcomed by the vast majority at VP as well......and that would surely also make it easier to operate?

Ellis is the worst idiot so I wouldnt be surprised if he´s trying to win points from fans on this...and he´s stupid enough to think that he can bring either a player or a new manager in and then sit back and be king of the hill again. It has been done before and fans have bought it...

Is Ellis this stupid .. probably yes

Is MON this stupid.... I would say not.

Until any take over is done and dusted...yes! I dont want the old board with Ellis and his kneedogs to put a new manager in that might disturb bidders on Villa...or disturb Ellis willingness to sell. If MON comes in he will do very good...I´m convinced...and it would itch in Ellis fingers to pull the trigger and stop all take over talks.

Maybe - but if the reports are correct and MON wouldn't come back knowing that Ellis is in charge, it might be he has a clause in the contract that if the takeover doesn't happen, MON can walk without penalty at anytime from the job.

Of course we don't know what the full details would be or are in any of this, but I really don't believe that Ellis could hold on this time around - and if he tried to - he hasn't got enough to stand up against some very hard hitters indeed.

If they really are genuine in wanting to buy AV - Ellis wouldn't stand a chance.

After all, Man U with all their might and fans backing couldn't stop their takeover - and that was a hostile one.

One man - who is way out of his depth in modern business isn't going to be able to stand that sort of onslaught.

Not this time, if he doesn't fall on his sword and sod off I predict things getting very nasty very quickly for old Herbert. I dont like militancy but judging by the comments on this and other sites, quite a few Villans do. Run Doug, run for your life.. :shock:

BTW, greetings all, I've been content watching this site for about a year but have to post something before my head explodes!

Just curious as to why so many people are backing Lerners bid when we dont know anything about Stills consortium. If the rumours (and there are many of em) that the Saudis are involved then financially we would be minted.

I know thats Lerner suppossedly said £60 million for this transfer window and £60 million for Januarys, but then what?

Thanks for getting my day started with a really good chuckle. The idea of a Villa fan worrying about what will happen after £100 million invested in 6 months is priceless. Thanks mykeyb.

Even as I was tyoing it I felt it was a bit to surreal!!!

I'm starting to hope for an official statement which include BOTH a new manager AND a new owner.

I'm starting to think that way too. The Evening Mail dropped RL's name in a few times and I think they think they know something but aren't at liberty to print (stock market rules etc). To run a front page article on MON taking over as manager they seem pretty confident. With the news breaking - if everything was as it seems now ie Ellis appoints MON wouldn't Dougie be in a rush to be making the most of it in the media?

I've waited a very, very long time to see this chairman removed from power at Villa Park, so i can live with another few days until he is gone.

I will belive it when i see it, we can all speculate till we are blue in the face, but my god, i'm going to party when it happens :cheers:

If Lerner's bid was succesfull, Does anyone think he would fly back to England to complete the deal ?

He' wouldn't have to be here, i'm sure he has trusted associates that could do the deal for him though.

Where's our airport plane watching guy?

Any scheduled flights for our favourite private jet? Today? Tomorrow? Thursday?