Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following the statement this morning, should we expect another statement from the club later on saying that member of the board have been contacted and deny all knowledge of this purported "statement"? :)

Expect an internal inquiry.

Latest from everyones favourite journalist :-

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/mail/sport/page.cfm?objectid=17477169&method=full&siteid=50002

THE fourth consortium ready to battle for control of Villa will pull out of the running completely if Martin O'Neill is installed as manager.

Villa chairman Doug Ellis is understood to have earmarked the Irishman as his preferred choice.

But the AV06 group, led by deputy high court judge Nicholas Padfield QC, are looking to appoint Danish legends Michael Laudrup and John Jensen.

They are the championship, European Cup and FA Cup winners Padfield hinted were in place when he addressed certain sections of the media last week.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

Laudrup quit as manager of Brondby after four years in May, saying he was ready to take on bigger challenges abroad.

The former Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid player won the superleague with Brondby a year ago and the 41-year-old was in the running for the Madrid job this summer before it was handed to Ramon Calderon.

Laudrup took over at Brondby in 2002 after working as an assistant to national coach Morten Olsen.

Padfield's consortium, which is backed by a number of investors both at home and overseas, have already drawn up a list of players, mainly taken from La Liga, who they want to bring to Villa during the current transfer window.

But an AV06 source said: "We have heard that Martin O'Neill has been identified by Villa and if that is the case, we will withdraw from the running.

"We have our own management structure in place and will go elsewhere."

Why would it come from Rothschild?

Because if the reports were true they would be in deep shit.

It is from Rothschild. It just has the AV logo on it.

Wouldn't it be from Buchanan ? I thought we paid them to release statements like this.

Not sure if anybody else had heard this or posted this , but i've been told that Neville has said he'd like to join forces with this other British consortium (AV06) , anybody else think this is rather strange , personally i think this stinks of Neville having no money . Why do you think ???

It does strike me that Neville will not have massive amounts of cash to invest. What he will do instead is run Villa more effeciently, and invest Villa's own money back into the club - basically to run it how Doug should be doing it.

So this is not a bad thing, it would be an improvement.

If Lerner and Still were to bid, I get the impression they would have extra cash to invest initially.

The former Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid player won the superleague with Brondby a year ago and the 41-year-old was in the running for the Madrid job this summer before it was handed to Ramon Calderon.

Calderon is the provisional president of Madrid, not the manager. Capello was given that job.

Personally I think Laudrup could do a good job and would certainly be able to attract the right kind of players.

I have finally caught up on this thread today - and it has made for interesting reading.

I know its already been commented on, but my thoughts about the OS statement are pretty much as some others have said.

It appears that Rothschilds are making sure that all meetings that take place are within the rules and regulations that as a PLC, AV must comply with.

It also makes me think they weren't at all happy with the meeting Ellis had with Lerner - because the first reports said associates were shocked at what he said. I assume then the associates were RC's (Rothschilds) and they are probably furious that they have potentially lost the best pick of the bunch (we assume) over a comment they almost certainly weren't expecting anymore than Lerner was.

The quiet at the beginning of this week doesn't surprise me. I would hope and expect that parties involved are now looking into it all in more depth and that we might actually begin to hear some more concrete information coming out of VP later this week.

Of course, this is all just pure speculation on my part!

As for AV06 saying they would pull out if a certain manager is appointed. Sorry guys - but if you are being serious, you worry about who you would appoint after the event! In the whole scheme of things, the manager you want to appoint is small fry! Its going to be a while before it is all cut and dried anyway - so surely its better the club have a manager with a proven record like MON?

But again, thats just my opinion - but I wouldn't be happy at the thought of someone at VP who might be so picky!

Lets just hope that its once again cr@p reporting!

8)

Runetune

If you are offering what they are, as with Lerner, you call whatever tune you want

What most Villa fans fail to appreciate and Ellis does, is that when you have the money you call whatever tune you want, and there are plenty of clubs out there keen to be taken over, Villa happens to be the cheapest, thanks to the ruination Ellis has wrought

All Ellis is doing by suggesting he will get O'Neil is to limit those who want to takeover, just as when given a fait accompli by Lerner he tried to change the goalposts in desperation.

He's a total fkwit and should be releaved of control of the club, but no one has the guts,

Runetune

If you are offering what they are, as with Lerner, you call whatever tune you want

What most Villa fans fail to appreciate and Ellis does, is that when you have the money you call whatever tune you want, and there are plenty of clubs out there keen to be taken over, Villa happens to be the cheapest, thanks to the ruination Ellis has wrought

All Ellis is doing by suggesting he will get O'Neil is to limit those who want to takeover, just as when given a fait accompli by Lerner he tried to change the goalposts in desperation.

He's a total fkwit and should be releaved of control of the club, but no one has the guts,

Malc

I think they may have if this goes on much longer. ellis will not imo get away with it again.

I totally agree. I have visions of this takeover saga dragging on and on with Ellis still in charge by season's start , Aitken as manager and Barry gone. .Wonder who'll want to buy us when we're in the Championship.

I would have agreed with you avfcinwales even a week ago...... but I really am now wondering just how pissed off other board members are getting with Ellis.

Sure Ellis doesn't have to sell - but if Rothschilds are doing their job like we hope they are, Ellis also isn't in the same position he thought he was even a week ago.

If an interested party got another board member to sell his 20% - then it makes Ellis's position less comfortable - and it would only take others selling their shares to then give control and Ellis could do nothing about it.

This is totally dependent on someone being really serious in buying the club, like the Glasiers were. After all they also faced mounting opposition from the board and yet worked through the share holders and achieved it.

Yes I am being opitamistic and it is all just pure conjecture on my part - but I really do hope that the statement from the OS gives us a little more hope than it did.

Neville seem to have no money really

The AV06 seem to just want to buy something, but they aren't exactly rapid. If I was to buy a big club and turn it over in a matter of years a couple of million quid to get it all wouldn't be a big problem.

My guess is that we are stuck with Doug Ellis and Roy Aitken come August and Premier League-start.

Things seem to be going a bit downhill to me.

1. Neville says he doens't know if he will be able to make a bid (read he's struggling to get the cash together)

2. Ellis pisses off Randy

3. Neville says he would like to join forces with AV06 (read, he definitely can't get the cash together)

4. AV06 say they will drop out if MON is appointed

I make that 3 down and Sven to go.

Ellis must be laughing his socks off.

Things seem to be going a bit downhill to me.

1. Neville says he doens't know if he will be able to make a bid (read he's struggling to get the cash together)

2. Ellis pisses off Randy

3. Neville says he would like to join forces with AV06 (read, he definitely can't get the cash together)

4. AV06 say they will drop out if MON is appointed

I make that 3 down and Sven to go.

Ellis must be laughing his socks off.

Jim I dont think any of those points are true to their full extent. I really think the race is still on and that several groups are still in with a shout!

Can someone point me in the direction of where AV06 say they will drop out if MON is appointed?

Mised this bit, especially as they have hinted that they want him as manager

icBrum today Bicks.

"Villa consortium not keen on O'Neill"