Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

This is a statement from the club NOT Rothschilds

I assume Rothchilds is in involved in everything regarding this takeover. I would be very surprised if the statement was released without their knowledge.

Perhaps I shouldn't be.

But even if this is something that the great minds of our board has come up with themselves, I still think Rothchilds should be on top of the situation. If they are not, they are not handeling this the way they should be doing it.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect the statement is really for the attention of any regulators who may have raised eyebrows over the last week. Other than that, I'd probably ignore it.

Why would it come from Rothschild?

Because if the reports were true they would be in deep shit.

It is from Rothschild. It just has the AV logo on it.

Highly likely that is driven by Rothchild and other directors covering their arses. But the timing is definitely significant imo.

They are advisors to AVFC; they advise? They cannot be held responsible if the PLC do not act upon its advice. They will have signed agreements with Aston Villa surely outlining there obligations to each other, and they will have something within them that will absolve them of responsibility if AVFC PLC act inproperly. Well thats how I read it; can someone with better understanding explain?

Are Rothschild being paid per hour or do they get paid when the deal is actually completed?

They are advisors to AVFC; they advise? They cannot be held responsible if the PLC do not act upon its advice. They will have signed agreements with Aston Villa surely outlining there obligations to each other, and they will have something within them that will absolve them of responsibility if AVFC PLC act inproperly. Well thats how I read it; can someone with better understanding explain?

Are Rothschild being paid per hour or do they get paid when the deal is actually completed?

Good summing up Paul.

I suspect that they are paid a mix. A flat fee for the work and a % for the final deal. We had a similar thing at the last place and the % is the thing that motivates them to get the most money

I did expect a lot more "noise" today regarding this takeover.

Is the silence (apart from the OS statement) a good or a bad thing?

I think its a good thing and indicative of stuff happening.

But you know more than I do regarding this.