Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

just that 'plans are in place'

No doubt his head will be frozen and placed next to Walt Disney's so that when the time comes he can return to run the club once more Ian. I wonder if the word "panic" is involved in these plans?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niall Quinn could be Sunderland's new owner by Fri with the takeover going through quickly. Bob Murray quit and sold up which Doug will not do and has no intention of doing so.

I think it was just a ploy to get the share price to rise which has back fired.

Still, with all that's happening up at Sunderland it just makes it more infuriating with what's happening at Villa.

Doug is obviously senile as he can't see that he's the problem whereas Bob Murray cut and ran because the fans had had enough of him.

Guest RantinRob

Doug is obviously senile

:crylaugh:

you CAN'T say that about Obergruppenfuhrer Ellis!

All his fans will be after your blood! :lol:

Sunderland sold to Niall Quinn for £9m.

How come Doug wants £64m for the Villa?

Doug owns a lot of property and has sold some for £7m, £2m less than Sunderland were sold for, how can the 2 clubs values be compared?

Sunderland have large debts hence the lower asking price.

The chairman said he sold it off so cheap so that the new owners could have more money to spend on transfers rather than lining his own pockets. What a novel idea that is... He also said it was because of his love for sunderland.

Im sure doug would consider such a thing.

Somewhere reported that Sunderland have over £60m in debts which had to be met by Quinn and co before the takeover.

Not sure if that money was spent on players or on the new ground.

Did anyone else get a "Time to change" pm? What was that about eh? Is it someone just trying to get my email to spam me?

Its not an attempt to get your email to spam you

its a genuine attempt at something aimed at changing the club for good

I read it too and replied. It's a shame he and Mike McKenna can't work out something together - one stronger appeal would work better than several IMO.

However, it's great to see people caring about our club as our chairman so obviously doesn't in his present state.

Good luck to all and they have my support to rid the club of the old goat

Did anyone else get a "Time to change" pm? What was that about eh? Is it someone just trying to get my email to spam me?

yes I did and i would encourage everyone to return the questionnairre contaained with in.