Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I presume that the Comer/Neville bid is a no go.Which may possibly be a good thing?

The bottom line is whether there is anyone out there willing to spend a lot of money to resurrect an old dinosaur.

The longer it goes on the worse things get.

Supporting Villa is like being at a job you dont like but can't leave because you have to stay.Every day you get up to go to work you feel stale and go through the motions. Just like going to Villa Park at the moment.

Thankfully I run my own company now and I can get up with a smile on my face. I'd like to think that when Doug does eventually go I can fall in love with Villa again.

The bottom line is whether there is anyone out there willing to spend a lot of money to resurrect an old dinosaur.

The owner of Hearts talking about a lot of russians wanting to invest in english football, heres hoping one of them will send Ellis out the door.

The owner of Hearts talking about a lot of russians wanting to invest in english football, heres hoping one of them will send Ellis out the door.

I just hope they kick him.

BTW welcome to VillaTalk.

The owner of Hearts talking about a lot of russians wanting to invest in english football

No thanks. Not if they are like Hearts current Lithuanian Chairman. Belting article about him picking the subs and the time they are sent on, let alone the starting XI.

Hey,

This is my first post, but I have been following this forum for the past few years. I live down South now, but its been great to continue to follow real Villa fans.

I wanted to let you know my take on the Villa takeover. I work in M & A, and the Villa takeover has become somewhat of a talking point amongst the younger staff members.

OK, he works in the city, and he chooses as his first post on a public forum to publish information that might be considered prejudicial to the share price of a quoted company? Hmmmmmm.

And within a couple of days its almost treated as verbatim. Think JC has called this one right.

The owner of Hearts talking about a lot of russians wanting to invest in english football

No thanks. Not if they are like Hearts current Lithuanian Chairman. Belting article about him picking the subs and the time they are sent on, let alone the starting XI.

But when he was picking the team and before burley had a strop about it they were top of the league. Sign him up as manager I'd say.

As time now has gone ridicolous long...I dont want the Comers to buy Villa. It cant be good to sell to a company that cant make big deals in a fast and modern way. Ok that Ellis might have holding the brakes for some time...but still...it is far too fragile ownership when they cant prove a longterm spending strategy.

This deal should´ve been done for a month or two...now its just sad and really a new Villa shame.

Dunno, tricella.

If a consortium was quick in buying Villa, they could be just as quick to dump it.

If you are looking at a long term investment then you want to make sure that you are buying something worthwhile at a price that is fair and equitable and that it can be done with the resources you intend to plough into it. This sort of consideration takes time.

So are the Comers just "going over it with a fine tooth comb"? Or are they just disinterested?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Of course I care who buys Villa and of course I want them to put alot of money in for signings and look for the best for the club and so on and so on, but at the moment I just want that old fool as far away from Villa as possible.

What we are all hoping for is sucess for the team. Anyone who was at Wembley in 94 and 96 knows how that feels. Yes I know it was just the league cup. But how good did it feel? I have been watching NFL and I think their salary cap is the cat ass. To keep this on topic, whoever takes us over cant beat Abramovic who is one of the richest dudes on the planet. However Chelsea cant buy a footballing pedigree. They are just a wallet and no soul. What we need is a root and branch reorganisation of the game in england.

Sod the pedigree, the Egyptians had pedigree as did the Romans, lot of good it did them today.

Aston Villa as a club are a shell of their once great past, and its time their fans broke out of fantasy land and into realityville

Sorry this statement really is b*****ks!

Football has very little to do with reality for fans whoever they support. It has however a lot to with peoples dreams and therefore living in fantasy land.

Long may we revel in past memories and continue to dream of reliving former glories. F**k realityville! The day fans go there is the day most quit following football.

Unlike the Egyptian and Roman civilizations you refer to in your analogy, Aston Villa Football Club still exists. It very much has the potential to return to its former greatness once Nero Ellis stops fiddling and f**ks off :)