Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Yes please please please, whoever the next chairman is don't be a Bill "I was in Corrie once" Kenwright

Its great he's a fan, no one would dispute that but he keeps announcing "new investment" because he believes everyone , like the Russian Restaraunt owner who he thought was going to be the next Roman Abrhamovic, turns out he was just a tiny rusky cafe owner As a fan hes a top bloke as a chairman he's a buffoon - can we have someone whose more brain than heart

Villadave, I know where you are coming from except he can take whatever salary he wants as long as a) the club can afford it and B) he can justify the salary by the work he does

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the BBC Football web-site:

Last week Villa appointed financial advisors Rothschild to act for them.

"I remain optimistic about our bid. As far as I'm aware we are the only bidder at the moment," Neville told BBC Sport.

Part of Rothschild's role will be to examine whether the consortium - Aston Villa Investments Limited - has the funds to buy the club.

I thought the last paragraph was particularly interesting. Looks like the deal might not be a dead parrot after all, has it just been resting? :winkold:

Within four weeks, before new year, next 48 hours, next 3 days......and that was a fortnight ago.

One buyer has come forward, they wont deal at the price cuddly wants, and they wont even speak to the press - all we have is Neville's words, the ones with the money have kept schtum.

The appointment of rothers could be on a keep quiet basis, ie make it look as if we are actively seeking a buyer, but please dont really spend any money. If you were interested in buying a perm football club, wouldnt you have expressed an interest before now. You wouldnt wait for a deal to fall apart before declaring your hand.

Any other interested party, oh a non-existant norwegian?

Transfer window will be closed within a week, it will probably all unravel then.

Cuddly refuses to spend money on players, loan fees, or a desperately needed new pitch.

Conclusion 1: His hands are tied cos of the takeover process and can't commit the club to such expenditure as he won't be in charge shortly.

Conclusion 2: He's a tight git with a cashflow problem.

Cuddly signs up new two year kit deal with Hummel.

Conclusion 1: Err, well, if there was a takeover on, surely they wouldn't want him setting up contracts that dont run out till summer 2008, especially when one of the main areas for increasing revenue flows would be shirts and associated kit and leisurewear sales.

Conclusion 2: He's a tight git with a cashflow problem.

Come on, some one come up with some positive sping for this one.

Interesting article from the daily express, saying Ellis is not selling to the Comers because they want to pay him in installments and they won't have any cash left to spend on players!

trying to find the full article.

If this deal does not go through and I still think it might soon, I wonder whether the Russians might become interested again as I think it was suggested that they would be waiting in the wings for exactly that to happen? Would Rothschilds be less concerned about what was in it for our chairman after the deal was done than he was and would that present an opportunity that was not there before when he blocked a deal because of that?

i dont believe that makes the "for sale" story believable any more than ellis's word...

as i said before, if you want to make a convincing illusion, you dont scrimp on the props...

he likes spending the clubs money on nothing to help his cause, eg, ntl....