Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RantinRob
Taking my ex to Port Vale and that's beginning to look an expensive weekend.

Whats his name?

Mwahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa, quality! :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

A couple of my mates won't go to Villa while Ellis is there. I really don't get it.

If you can't afford to go. Don't go. Fair enough.

If you don't like the football. Don't go. Fair enough.

Not going because you don't like the chairman is a bit strange in my opinion. And since Ellis couldn't really give a toss, the only people that lose out are the ones not going.

Just my opinion!

tbh, if me staying away makes even a small dent on ellis, then its worth it...

more and more are staying away and it could be argued that has had an effect...

we spent more in the summer after season tickets were down and ellis is now allegedly actively looking to sell...

if thats the price for me and others depriving ourselves of match days, then so be it...

tbh, if me staying away makes even a small dent on ellis, then its worth it...

more and more are staying away and it could be argued that has had an effect...

we spent more in the summer after season tickets were down and ellis is now allegedly actively looking to sell...

if thats the price for me and others depriving ourselves of match days, then so be it...

It's an interesting point...

And just to be clear, I'm not suggesting not going makes people 'less of a fan', I was just saying it seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face to me.

IF the takeover is blown out by Ellis, I'll be joining the stay away from VP people till Ellis is gone.

I'll settle for away games only.

The club is not being run properly. It's hardly being run at all. No plan, no properly constituted board, no fecking clue.

The decision making part of the board, the executives are ellis - sick, weak, befuddled and wanting to sell, and career administrator Steve Stride. Capable enough as a club secretary, but....

No finance director, no chief executive.

And guess what, we've no idea more than day to day cut backs, no planning, no vision, no money and a on / off takeover.

They've had my money for decades, now they can do something to earn my continued custom, as one of the people they "market" their wares to.

I'll support the team at away games, and Villa can have my money if/when they show they have the feintest clue what to do with it.

Gizmo it is called not wanting to put hard money into something when the chairman has no ambition to use the money properly, I am not int he habit of wasting my money and it makes me nor others any less of a fan.

No it doesn't Ian, but we support AVFC, not Doug Ellis.

There are a lot of football supporters across the globe that watch football at all levels - there are many of them like us that show distain for the "Chairman"of the club that they follow - if they all stayed away, football would be in a sorry state,

A couple of my mates won't go to Villa while Ellis is there. I really don't get it.

If you can't afford to go. Don't go. Fair enough.

If you don't like the football. Don't go. Fair enough.

Not going because you don't like the chairman is a bit strange in my opinion. And since Ellis couldn't really give a toss, the only people that lose out are the ones not going.

Well said Gizmo. I liken being a Villa fan to being married. You stick with your missus through thick and thin. You don't do a runner if some more seductive bird (eg Chelsea) suddenly looks appealling. Its exactly the same with the Villa - you have to keep going regardless. You can't just not turn up because things are not going your way. Its in the blood. Its passion. Its love. Its what being a fan (shortened term for 'fanatic') is all about.