Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa takeover still on track

The Irish consortium looking to seize control of Aston Villa are still confident of eventually buying out chairman Doug Ellis via a £64m bid.

Reports have been claiming that the takeover by Irish property developers, the Comer Brothers, was on the verge of collapse.

But sources close to the consortium, which is being fronted by long-time Villa fan Michael Neville, insist the deal is "in good shape".

Ellis, the club's major shareholder, had raised concerns before the festive season over financial assurances for any proposed takeover not being met.

But the Comers and Neville are letting it be known that a deal could still be struck even though the timescale is proving to be longer than they had originally anticipated.

The delay in any takeover has effectively ruled out any hopes of Villa manager David O'Leary being given any money during the January transfer window to bring in new blood.

Teamtalk stuff. Might already be posted.

Villa buy-out plan still on track

Members of the Irish consortium aiming to buy Aston Villa insist their takeover plan is still on course, despite reports it was in trouble.

Villa's majority shareholder Doug Ellis had concerns over some financial criteria of the plan not being met.

But according to the Press Association, a source close to the group said the £64m bid is still "in good shape", just slightly behind schedule.

The delay might end any signings David O'Leary may have planned for January.

With James Milner and Eirik Bakke on loan from Newcastle and Leeds respectively, O'Leary has used up his quota of domestic loan signings and must look abroad if he wants to make any more short-term signings.

He has said it "would not take a rocket scientist" to see that a new central defender would be a priority, and he is thought to be interested in Juventus' Croatian centre-back Igor Tudor, who has spent the first half of the season on loan at Siena.

Read that one too and realised there were no quotes in it, hence it's as useless as every negative article without quotes. They've got nothing to write about it so they write anything.

In the "Sunday Mercury" today, "one source close to the takeover" confirmed to Graham Hill that the deal, "was in good shape". He added that despite reports suggesting that the scheme was close to collapse, growing fears for the future of the bid and the chairman's concerns that financial assurances had not been met, it is understood that the consortium have not pulled out of the proposed takeover despite the amount of time it is taking to make real progress.

It's good news that they are still willing to try to do a deal with a man who is so difficult to deal with, "despite the amount of time it is taking to make real progress" and does that suggest to anyone that they are the ones who are delaying things rather than you know who?

I still believe the deal will happen. As someone said earlier I also believe the the "takeover" is the reason that the money for a CB has dissapperared.

A moratorium on major spending is often a standard practice/requirement during due diligence.

While working for Cable and Wireless, when we took over Energis recently there was a large Employment Freeze and a number of other cap that were put on due to the take over, the mergers board have to look into the companies also which set the takeover back also. would this be the case with villa as we would probably be part of the Comer Homes group? surely this is the case why we're not buying any one?

any ideas?

Purchases yes. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see the takeover drag on past the end of Jan or thereabouts, only to collapse and offer up a good excuse for Ellis.

Loans, however, are a different matter

Purchases yes. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see the takeover drag on past the end of Jan or thereabouts, only to collapse and offer up a good excuse for Ellis.

Loans, however, are a different matter

True but its also been reported that Villa have used up the English quota and can only loan from overseas.

I believe DOL had a CB lined up to purchase and because the "Takeover" has dragged on he has had to put his plans on ice.

He may now not have time to get an overseas loan in place

from the back of the express and star. (this is just a short hand type up)

villa takeover will colapse according to martain swain.

he claims an insider has told him michael neville is searching for other investors because the commers dont think villa offers value for money.

after weeks of going through the books at villa park it shows that the club is not worth the £64 million doug values it at. and the valuation does not "stack-up"

there are apparently a 6 strong team of investers willing to buy into the constortium but the commers are about to pull out, after michael neville has failed to convince them that its worth buying. but talks are still ongoing.

there are apparently a 6 strong team of investers willing to buy into the constortium but the commers are about to pull out, after michael neville has failed to convince them that its worth buying. but talks are still ongoing.

Where is Mr Box when you need him?

Guest RantinRob

Where is Mr Box when you need him?

Who, Robbie? Used to play a lot of cards but has now apparently turned up in Walford........................

I'm here........ and I had heard Doug wanted to sell to a Norwegian and certainly not Neville/Comer so this is no surprise at all.

I may be a critic of Doug but until we know details it may be he is doing the right thing in the long term for Villa (and of course HDE OBE)

There is a 'weak' possibility that Mr.Everall may know more but he didn't respond to a recent PM.

PS...... there is nothing to say that Neville isnt in touch with this Norwegian as part of the consortium. They did have an Arab horse owner on board at one time but kicked him out weeks ago.

I'm here........ and I had heard Doug wanted to sell to a Norwegian and certainly not Neville/Comer so this is no surprise at all.

PS...... there is nothing to say that Neville isnt in touch with this Norwegian as part of the consortium. ............o.

Guess who is in Norway at this very moment :-)