Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eatsleepsport say it is still on:

Takeover deal still on Fri, Dec 30 2005 10:44

The Irish consortium looking to buy out Doug Ellis are getting closer to a deal, after announcing takeover talks are currently ongoing.

Villa supporter Michael Neville is fronting the Aston Villa Investments Limited group bidding to takeover the club, with the £65million deal being mainly financed by developers Brian and Luke Comer.

Talks with current chairman Ellis are continuing, with 'Avil' insisting that current Villa shareholders would be offered 'acceptable terms' should the deal get the go-ahead.

A statement on the Stock Exchange said: "Discussions are ongoing with Aston Villa PLC's advisors. Due diligence is progressing and Aston Villa Investments Limited is focused on settling its financing arrangements.

"Aston Villa Investments Limited also wishes to make it clear that it is committed to concluding a transaction on terms acceptable to the major shareholders of Aston Villa and to enable the club to prosper in the future."

The group will be hopeful of completing the takeover as soon as possible, but it is debatable that things will be ironed out in time for a big cash injection to be given to David O'Leary to spend on players in January.

Why would 'Avil' be set up and the takeover be withdrawn in the same day? I think some have interpreted the 'no guarantee' of completion to be the Comer's pulling out, but i think they were simply saying talks are ongoing, but no promises are being made. I.e the same stage as yesterday!

if you type in "Mooted Aston Villa takeover dead" in a search engine it brings up a couple of artciles from way back in 2004 about the ranson stuff. Its worded very similar to the article that has been posted by SoccerHQ above. Too much of a coincidence for me that the title is the same and it ends with the same paragraph! There are little bits of the suppposed new arcticle that are not grammatically correct too and you'd expect better from Reuters so i think someone is pulling our leg with that article. Of course i could be wrong and end up looking stupid!

I am not holding my breath though. But every sign is poiting to a takeover. As an example, at the Everton game I was talking to a chap who is responsible for running the giant video screen and sound system and he is very worried about h contract, according to him, he is 90% sure it will go ahead which means he may lose his contract.

if it does fall through, i will personaly rip dougs nuts off.

Get in the line.

im first, ive just got a pair of pliers ready, im jangling the keys to my car.

the second its offical its fell through im off to dougs house.

tbh, the negative spin from the media wouldnt surprise me with the amount they hate the villa, but with ellis, anything is possible...

but tbh, i think this definately is not going to happen...

the signs are just too strong.. ellis piddling around and his constant self promotion, the delays, the feeling that it was too good to be true, etc, etc...

experience has taught me that with ellis, the only person that matters to him, is himself and that if theres a way of screwing us over, he will find it, so i think my cynical outlook on this whole affair, is justified...

maybe the stories are true and the comers realised that ellis was just using them to divert the attention away from the troubles at villa park coming up to the transfer window...

maybe that has now backfired on him...

but either way, unless we do something about it, he can sit up there in his office all day laughing at us as he drags us down with either his incompetence, or vindictiveness...

The 'new' reuters article doesn't even have the right year!

The share price is way off too.

Its just a poor copy of this

Mooted Aston Villa takeover dead

15/06/2004 18:26

LONDON (Reuters) - A potential takeover of Aston Villa mooted in March is dead after one of parties said he was no longer interested in the English premier league club.

Retail entrepreneur Richard Thompson said in a statement on Tuesday he would no longer take part in the bid made earlier this year that also involved former Manchester City player Ray Ranson.

Thompson is a former chairman of first division Queen’s Park Rangers and bought the Jaeger and Viyella fashion clothing brands.

"Mr Ranson reiterates his potential interest in making an offer for Aston Villa and continues to consider other options in this regard. However, there can be no assurance that any offer will be made," the statement said.

Birmingham-based Villa rejected the takeover approach in March saying it significantly undervalued the listed company.

According to Reuters data, Aston Villa’s current 282.4 pence share price values the club at just over 32 million pounds

Mooted Aston Villa takeover dead

30/12/2004 16:25

LONDON (Reuters) - A potential takeover of Aston Villa mooted in Decemeber is dead after a major group said they was no longer interested in the English premier league club.

The Comer home group worth a reported £1 billion said in a statement on Friday they would no longer take part in the bid made late this year that also involved Michael Neville a life long Villa fan.

Brian and Luke of Comer homes group dont think Villa chairman Doug Ellis is looking to sell and it is reported to be looking for a £75 million buy out.

"Mr Neville reiterates his potential interest in making an offer for Aston Villa and continues to consider other options in this regard. However, there can be no assurance that any offer will be made," the statement said.

Birmingham-based Villa rejected the takeover approach in November saying it significantly undervalued the listed company.

According to Reuters data, Aston Villa’s current 582.4 pence share price values the club at just over 62 million pounds

Frankly Soccer this is just a poor attempt at wit.

true Mattey, I was thinking of something stronger, but I did not want a yellow card.

Back to the PR of today and it is clear that the statement shows serious intent but they have a drop out clause. Of course this means any deal will not be concluded for the transfer window but as we will not go down there is no rush.