The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Do you get raw and smackdown on the network a little while after they have been on TV? Or do you never get them? Like, can we watch raw and smack down from a couple of months ago?

I think (not sure) it's 30 days.

You get all the PPVs, all historic PPVS for WWE, WCW and ECW.  Loads of random old Raws, Nitros etc.  Lots of documentaries.  You don't get Raw or Smackdown.  You can just watch that on youtube though.

I highly recommend it if you are a wrestling fan.  I don't watch the current stuff that closely but watch a lot of the old stuff.  Watched the 1992 Royal Rumble the other day.

92 is fantastic.  Actually I'm going to rank my top 5 Rumble matches.  Anyone want to play?

5. 1999

4. 1997

3. 2004

2. 1992

1. 2001

My favourite is 2000 purely because I remember being so excited as I didn't have Sky Sports at the time for some reason and I remember it being on C4.  I watched Heat that day on E4 and waited all day for the PPV.  My dad said I had to go to bed but I woke up at 1am, turned on the tv, put it on mute and watched the whole thing like that.  Awful way to watch yet I loved it.

Not sure on order but 1992, 2001, 1999. 2003

I didn't watch much wrestling in 2003 but remember the Rumble well.

Everyone at school seemed to watch the rumble in 2000! As you say, I think just because it was suddenly on channel 4.

1999 is my personal favourite. That was a few months after I properly got into Wrestling and I just couldn't get enough. 

Everyone at school seemed to watch the rumble in 2000! As you say, I think just because it was suddenly on channel 4.

1999 is my personal favourite. That was a few months after I properly got into Wrestling and I just couldn't get enough. 

16 years ago for **** sake!

Was 2000 the year Taz debuted? 99? Madison Square Garden? Went over to WWF with massive amounts of hype/heat due to the way he left ECW, beat Kurt Angle who was undefeated at the time if I remember rightly.

Didn't we get Miss Kitty's boobs too, or was that a different PPV?

Armageddon 99 the month before.  That was Slaughter's fault because he was too slow with the towel to cover her up.

RR 2000 was the first Pay per view shown on channel 4 live.  Due to the Mae young incident, further pay per views were shown on a 50 minute delay to allow for edits.

That period when Channel 4 had some PPVs was awesome, highlight was the 6 man Hell in a Cell at Armaggedon for me.

Not if you had sky sports considering they were being shown on a 50 minute delay with adverts.  Channel 4 got four PPV's a year iirc.

Heat was a bit shit to be fair. It used to be Val Venis every week. Still I doubt WWF would have been as popular as it is over here if it wasn't for those couple of years on C4. It coincided with its golden period and I think Sky subscriptions were on the up at the same time.

That period when Channel 4 had some PPVs was awesome, highlight was the 6 man Hell in a Cell at Armaggedon for me.

Not if you had sky sports considering they were being shown on a 50 minute delay with adverts.  Channel 4 got four PPV's a year iirc.

Yeah this.

Plus that 6 man HIAC killed HIAC for me.

Until then they'd been really rare and always awesome. That was just a bit of a let down. And the "big bump" (Rikishi falling into that truck) was rubbish.

The Kennel From Hell didn't help either :crylaugh:

Â