The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

This could be suitable for the confession thread to file alongside my full Subbuteo league that I played by myself. But me and 3 mates used to get together twice a week (Nitro and Thunder) and every fourth Sunday (PPV) to play out entire shows on WCW/NWO revenge. We booked the shows and the match outcomes depended on us playing against each other.

We made ourselves, I was Wainy the God, I know, I know, and I formed the wWo (Wain's World Order), which my submissive mate didn't mind being a part of. My other two mates briefly joined but then turned heel on me and my mate headlined WCW Souled Out for the title I had previously won from Kevin Nash.

I was genuinely devastated when Ric Flair (who wasn't on the game but we created him over Fit Finlay) beat me for the title, but in the rematch, I secretly arranged for my mate to lay down for me (hold the analogue stick down) and the title was mine again.

We also made a magazine where we'd include real wrestling photos and paste our heads on top.

Man, I sucked.

A man after my own heart

This could be suitable for the confession thread to file alongside my full Subbuteo league that I played by myself. But me and 3 mates used to get together twice a week (Nitro and Thunder) and every fourth Sunday (PPV) to play out entire shows on WCW/NWO revenge. We booked the shows and the match outcomes depended on us playing against each other.

We made ourselves, I was Wainy the God, I know, I know, and I formed the wWo (Wain's World Order), which my submissive mate didn't mind being a part of. My other two mates briefly joined but then turned heel on me and my mate headlined WCW Souled Out for the title I had previously won from Kevin Nash.

I was genuinely devastated when Ric Flair (who wasn't on the game but we created him over Fit Finlay) beat me for the title, but in the rematch, I secretly arranged for my mate to lay down for me (hold the analogue stick down) and the title was mine again.

We also made a magazine where we'd include real wrestling photos and paste our heads on top.

Man, I sucked.

A man after my own heart

So you wanna join wWo?  What's your finisher?

Man, I sucked.

A man after my own heart

So you wanna join wWo? What's your finisher?

wWo 4 life

Traditionally a Scorpion Deathlock but I never owned a WCW game so I didnt feel so bad borrowing heavily from Sting's moveset in WWF No Mercy.

I had dozens of characters, many of which translated to backyard wrestling in my teens.

• Like 1

Hanging Brain Buster leading into a Wainy Leg Hurter (Texas Cloverleaf).  I later renamed it the Wain of Pain when I realised it hurts your back, not your legs.

My character was created over Dean Malenko.  On Revenge you couldn't create new characters from scratch you just had to change the outfit and name of people already on the game.

My finisher on No Mercy was the Screwdriver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVQBy6zQgtc

Brutal.

I am in no way surprised that someone like Scott Steiner used that move

Meh, Michinoku driver was more of a scoop slam into a piledriver.

The actual name if Rikishi's was a dragon driver or something I think (No Mercy knowledge!)

It kind of sucks that Punk never got to use the Plunge in WWE. Or at least I don't think he did? Made sense though really, as it made HHH's Pedigree look pretty weak in comparison.

I'd have the Vertebreaker/Cop Killa! DAAAAAAAAAANGEROUS

This could be suitable for the confession thread to file alongside my full Subbuteo league that I played by myself.  But me and 3 mates used  to get together twice a week (Nitro and Thunder) and every fourth Sunday (PPV) to play out entire shows on WCW/NWO revenge.  We booked the shows and the match outcomes depended on us playing against each other.

We made ourselves, I was Wainy the God, I know, I know, and I formed the wWo (Wain's World Order), which my submissive mate didn't mind being a part of.  My other two mates briefly joined but then turned heel on me and my mate headlined WCW Souled Out for the title I had previously won from Kevin Nash.

Man, I sucked.

Oh yeah? I used to hammer 4 iron rods into the lawn and run 'ropes' (knitting wool) around them to make a ring then I'd fight it out with my Ultimate Warrior wrestling buddy

ultimatewarrior.jpg

One of those.

I used to put a beer crate in the corner to jump off for top rope moves.

Things got a little serious after my brother bought me the King of the Deathmatch tournament video and a video of Sabu's greatest ECW matches for Christmas 1997. Plastic baseball bat wrapped in chicken wire became a barbed wire bat. Boxes became tables. Things I jumped off got taller.

Good times. I wish I was still that fun.

• Like 2

Â