New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I don't know whether it's already been mentioned but do Fulham actually have the same sponsor? Incredibly, incredibly small-time.

It has already been mentioned.

What's also been mentioned is why does that make us small time?

Real Madrid were sponsored by Bwin at the same time as other teams. Does that make them small time?

Real Mardrid shared Bwin with with AC Milan. Fulham's deal is different to ours Jonno_2004, we have a far better deal. It's not ideal that both us and Flham have the sponor on our shirts at the same time but who really gives a shit. It's all about how we perform on the pitch, not what is slapped across our chest.

What was said when ntl had 4 teams on the go?

Was you expecting the club to pull out of their biggest ever deal because fulham had the same sponsor for less money? All 20 teams could have the same sponsor as long as we get a good deal for all i care

Sorry, I don't know whether it's already been mentioned but do Fulham actually have the same sponsor? Incredibly, incredibly small-time.

I've read a couple of similar comments on this thread.

If I'm right the following stats might explain why I don't think it's small time to have the same sponsor as another team.

Villa's last paying sponsor was 32 Red (exclusive to Villa at the time) - reported at £0.9m per year to Villa.

FxPro deal (not exclusive) - reported at £6m per year to Villa.

I'd be open to a decent explanation as to why it is 'small time' to have the same sponsor as another team. I genuinely don't know why it matters. :?

Just got back from holiday and found out the release dates are late september! What a **** joke! Most teams have released their shirts and making money but not villa who seem to once again be put to the back of the queue. I seem to remember the general saying this wouldnt happen again after a late august release date. A shirt with a months less shelf life and one i won't be buying now.

I quite like the new kit, but yesterday I have watched the Feyenoord game on streaming and I have immediately realised that I'll never acclimatize to the claret socks. West Ham or Burnley may wear claret sicks, but Aston Villa are sky blue socks, imo. . .

I quite like the new kit, but yesterday I have watched the Feyenoord game on streaming and I have immediately realised that I'll never acclimatize to the claret socks. West Ham or Burnley may wear claret sicks, but Aston Villa are sky blue socks, imo. . .

agreed, it just looks wrong

I've read a couple of similar comments on this thread.

If I'm right the following stats might explain why I don't think it's small time to have the same sponsor as another team.

Villa's last paying sponsor was 32 Red (exclusive to Villa at the time) - reported at £0.9m per year to Villa.

FxPro deal (not exclusive) - reported at £6m per year to Villa.

I'd be open to a decent explanation as to why it is 'small time' to have the same sponsor as another team. I genuinely don't know why it matters. :?

It would be small time if Fulham were getting paid £10m and Villa £6m. Does anyone know how much the Fulham deal is worth? I would imagine it's no where near the £6m mark and as such Fulham are living in the shadow of Villa. To me, that is anything but small time.

I don't know the ins and outs of the Fulham deal so therefore can't comment on who has the better deal/how much more it is worth to either them or us.

We have the same sponsor as Fulham, who are in the same division as us, I wouldn't mind if it was a foreign team as it's simply more international exposure for FxPro which is understandable.

It is also a bit odd to think that AC Milan sharing the same sponsor as Real Madrid would make the other look bad, they're both teams of high standing in separate leagues.

I don't know the ins and outs of the Fulham deal so therefore can't comment on who has the better deal/how much more it is worth to either them or us.

We have the same sponsor as Fulham, who are in the same division as us, I wouldn't mind if it was a foreign team as it's simply more international exposure for FxPro which is understandable.

It is also a bit odd to think that AC Milan sharing the same sponsor as Real Madrid would make the other look bad, they're both teams of high standing in separate leagues.

I still don't know why you think FxPro's deal with Fulham makes our deal 'small time'. Surely the only thing that matters is the value of Villa's contract with FxPro?

Would you prefer a £5m per year exclusive deal with company A or a £6m per year deal with company B (who also happens to sponsor one or more other clubs in our league)?

Why dont we get our kits made by SLAM while were at it?

Any excuse to criticise. Best deal in our history. Get over it.

I couldnt care less who makes our kit if it was released at a decent date!

Really? So if I knocked it up in my shed, and it was subsequently the worst looking most embarassing kit anyone has ever worn, butI released it in July, you'd prefer that?

Â