Do You Think Some Premiership Matches are Fixed?

maqroll

Do You Think Some Premiership Matches are Fixed?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think Some Premiership Matches are Fixed?

• Yes
    • No

I cant see how any matches are fixed.. Fixed so a team wins? I mean what if a ref is paid to make sure a certain team wins, but the opposition take an early two goal lead.. Without making it look far to obvious theres no way the result could be swung..

I cant see how any matches are fixed.. Fixed so a team wins? I mean what if a ref is paid to make sure a certain team wins, but the opposition take an early two goal lead.. Without making it look far to obvious theres no way the result could be swung..
^

they cant be fixed 100% but people can certainly do their best to try and help a team. look at how grobelaar was (alledgedly) caught admitting trying to let norwich i think it was score and then there was the story le tissier told about the throw in bet. to say that matches are fixed like a wwf wrestling match is unlikely, but i dont think that everything that happens in every minute of every game is totally innocent either.

Why are some people saying it 'cant' happen, of course it can happen, it's happening in most of Europe! I certainly wouldn't be surprised if there was match fixing Italiano style with chavski and man united being the culprits. Our league isn't special, we have some of the most bent referees most notably Howard Dweeb (England's best ref, ahaha) and Phil Dowd.

Just look at Korea vs Italy or Korea vs Spain, that's how you fix games. The decisions that went against the Italians and Spanish were so blatently wrong, anyone could see that. Disallowed goals, horrible offside calls. Totti got sent off for being taken out. Fixing games is pretty easy.

The 2002 WC was the shittest reffereed competition i've ever watched, probably fixed tbh as some of the decisions were just awful.

Hope this WC isn't as bad.

In 2002 was bad to get South Korea so far so maybe the same will happen for South Africa. Would be ironic if they knocked out the frogs with a bad decision

Can't believe so many still actually doubt it! I think it's a refusal to see the obvious as it tends to shatter one's vision of the game.. Does it happen.. well look at the evidence there's enough of it there.. Blimey it's almost every time a top 4 side plays especially in the business end of the season like now!! & lets just take a sample look at Chelsea's last 3 games... Blatantly offside goal wins the game at Old Trafford then they escape a stone wall penalty at Wembley against us as well as at least 1 clear cut sending off probably 2 with Deco...Then on Tuesday they get slaughtered by Bolton & have another 2 Penalties not given against them!! It goes on & on & on! We would be lucky to get that many decisions go for us in a whole season!!!

As for the arguments that it's "confidence" or "Fear" or "taking the easy option" i could understand 1 or 2 having the occasional "soft" moment as that is human nature BUT these are highly trained proffesional people & it could never explain the things which happen on such a huge scale! They would have to be the most weak willed cowardly fools ever to allow such a vast amount of poor decisions as well as be pretty darned thick! .. I am sorry but i just don't see that... They are Premier League, & some Fifa sanctioned referees so are you telling me they get employed by the best in the business with all those glaring weaknesses?..... It would be like employing a coach driver who can't see hear & is too scared to go out on the main road!!!

The answer is almost certainly no. The reason for fixing is all about betting, and unusual betting patterns on a top flight match would stand out a mile. There's plenty of it going on in continental Europe though, we've had to shut the book on a fair few Italian matches this season because the result was known before kick-off.

Â