Do You Think Some Premiership Matches are Fixed?

maqroll

Do You Think Some Premiership Matches are Fixed?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think Some Premiership Matches are Fixed?

• Yes
    • No

ok heres a great example of how i think match fixing occurs.

remember that year when west ham were going to get relegated? they ha dto go to old trafford and win to stay up and united were exceptional at home that season and then west ham go there and win 1-0 to stay up coincidence? then tevez ends up on loan at united hmmmmmmmm

and what about the whole food posioning incident with spurs? has just been swept under the carpet and no-one from media, sky mentions it. no charges were ever made either. as much as i ahte spurs they were absoutely screwed that day due to foul play.

I forgot the food poisoning incident. They did sweep that under the carpet VERY fast too, with no inquiry.

Doesn't constitute max fixing though.

It could have just been an Arsenal fan who cooked the meal at the hotel or whatever. I think that was a unique situation.

I think the Tevez thing has more merit to it in terms of real corruption.

In my opinion, one has to have blinders on to think the PL is 100% free of corruption, even as dastardly as match fixing.

West Ham were on unbelievable run of form while the title was already won. So you have on one hand a team playing for their lives and another team playing basically to get the 90 minutes out the way. Hardly that suprising!

The game was a close game and both teams had chances, off the line etc for United. If it's fixed, and the players know the outcome, it can be fairly easily spotted IMO.

about 10 years ago everton SHOULD have been relegated as there last game was fixed (alledgedly) and everyone knew it, that was brushed under the carpet as well.

That was 1994, 16 years ago. With Wimbledon goalie Hans Segers letting a few in. There was a big investigation into that but I think Segers (and fashanu) got away with it.

I was going to bring up this game seen as loads of people reckon it was fixed.

You can't really legislate for Barry Horne spanking one into the top corner from 25 yards on the half volley though 8)

• 3 weeks later...
From the 'The Standard of Refereeing' thread

Some professor bloke reckons the refs are dodgy

However, Dr Witt admitted there was evidence that referees’ behaviour had shown some bias in other ways, including towards certain clubs.
and seeing as he has sent a copy to the FA and the refs association we can expect this corruption of our game to be stamped out forthwith, lol.
So the outcome of certain matches are influence in favour of certain clubs. But we couldn't call that 'fixed' could we.

Apologies for repeating myself...but it's bent. I called the ref about 15 mins into todays game on the match thread. Bent corrupt. **** disgrace. Game over.

Corrupt? I'm still not sure.

Dysfunctional, certainly. As MON mentioned in his post match comments, referees are terrified of the consequence of giving a decision against a 'big' team. I'm not sure that money is changing hands however.

Spineless bastards.

Dysfunctional, certainly. As MON mentioned in his post match comments, referees are terrified of the consequence of giving a decision against a 'big' team. I'm not sure that money is changing hands however.

Spineless bastards.

Once you have a group of refs who are beholden to the world that scudamore pescribes you have money changing hands.

It's all in place. We just pay throuh the noses to watch it. Bent. Bent.Bent.

Spineless bastards.

I've been saying that for years. If you give a penalty against Manchester United/Chelsea/Liverpool then its repeated every 15 minutes on Sky Sports News every day for three days. Dont give it, and it gets whined about for a few hours on the internet. It's no wonder they dont want any part of the trial by media.

Spineless bastards.

I've been saying that for years. If you give a penalty against Manchester United/Chelsea/Liverpool then its repeated every 15 minutes on Sky Sports News every day for three days. Dont give it, and it gets whined about for a few hours on the internet. It's no wonder they dont want any part of the trial by media.

Yep, the refs are frightened of the negative media attention that the Ferguson's and Wengers of the world put on them. No-one gives a toss if Mick McCarthy, Martinez or even MON for that matter get a shit decision and have a moan about it. But if the 'big 4' get one.....spineless c-hunts who continue to get away with it. it happens too often to be coincedental.

I wonder what that toss-bag 3 card trick tool Poll says about the decisions in his column....

about 10 years ago everton SHOULD have been relegated as there last game was fixed (alledgedly) and everyone knew it, that was brushed under the carpet as well.

That was 1994, 16 years ago. With Wimbledon goalie Hans Segers letting a few in. There was a big investigation into that but I think Segers (and fashanu) got away with it.

I was going to bring up this game seen as loads of people reckon it was fixed.

You can't really legislate for Barry Horne spanking one into the top corner from 25 yards on the half volley though 8)

Thats game was fixed after a fashion but not by the league, or the owners, or far eastern betting syndicates but by the players themselves. Can't remember which Wimbledon players it was but they'd bet on winning at half time and losing at full time, it was sort of mentioned in someones autobiog iirc. Easy to do as well, simple little word, "look lads, you need to win to stay up, we need to be winning at half time but are prepared to lose in the second half - you stay up, we take the bookies to the cleaners"

The biggest fix was in the world cup in 82 when Germany beat Austria 1-0 in the final game. After Germany scored they kicked the ball around, and both teams progressed. Didn’t we also see the same happen between Denmark and Sweden a couple of years back??

The biggest fix was in the world cup in 82 when Germany beat Austria 1-0 in the final game. After Germany scored they kicked the ball around, and both teams progressed. Didn’t we also see the same happen between Denmark and Sweden a couple of years back??

That sweden vs denmark game was full blooded and only called a fix because Italians moaned about it.

I'm sad to say Yes I do...

Every other facet of society appears to be capable of being "bought" and I think football with the huge amounts of vested interests at stake will be no different.

No.

I don't think there's any fixing going on, I think referee's are just 'scared' of bigger teams and generally poor at their job.

On the evidence of Webb, Dowd and Wiley's Wembley performance, I don't think that matches are fixed but I do think they are worried about being surrounded by the bigger clubs players. Webb and Dowd are usually reasonable referee's but they both clearly bottled big decisions as they don't want to be criticised.

Unfortunately, the Football Association do very little to protect any clubs from these mistakes even though they can see for themselves that Terry should have received a red card and it was the clearest penalty that I have seen not given this season.

The last Premier League match that looked like it could be fixed was Manure-West Ham when Tevez scored the winner to keep the spammers up.

Tevez signing for Manure a few weeks later was the least shocking transfer ever.

This is obviously not the premiership, but the referee for the italia 90 final has since revealed officials promised to let him referee the final if he agreed to heavily side with germany in the final, because they desperately didnt want argentina to win the world cup because of their cheating. Anyone one else heard this one?

Â