The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Hi all, swapping my android phone for an iphone4 tomorrow, but don't have a data plan on my current tariff, does anyone know if o2 will allow me to change to an iphone tariff? I want to keep my payments around the same though (i'm 7 months into a 24 month contract).

Also as mentioned by JD further up I'm also thinking about getting the sky sports mobile tv app, does it use a lot of data to watch a match? Wouldn't want to go over a data limit and be charged megabucks, Thanks in advance

The songs on my phone are doing weird things lately. Sometimes it'll just skip over a song as if it isn't there. If I go back and select that song to play, it just skips onto the next one automatically without playing the one I selected.

I havent' plugged it into my computer recently, and the songs were working before, but then some randomly stop, and a couple of days later they'll work again. Odd. Anyone had this problem and/or know a way to fix it?

Is there a way to view full webpages on the iPhone / iPad instead of the mobile sites?

Basically a site is now forcing all mobile users onto the mobile site. Is there a browser that can let you force the full site.

Thanks.

i use atomic web browser, you can change the settings "identify browser as"

• 1 month later...
Hi all, swapping my android phone for an iphone4 tomorrow, but don't have a data plan on my current tariff, does anyone know if o2 will allow me to change to an iphone tariff? I want to keep my payments around the same though (i'm 7 months into a 24 month contract).

Also as mentioned by JD further up I'm also thinking about getting the sky sports mobile tv app, does it use a lot of data to watch a match? Wouldn't want to go over a data limit and be charged megabucks, Thanks in advance

I would really advise waiting for the Iphone 5 :shock:

There will absolutely be a new iPhone in late June or early July. Apple quite like making money.

I dunno, they usually announce them at WWDC, which this year looks like it's not going to have a hardware announcement (it's being billed as about the future of ios and os x). So they could feasibly push it until august/september before announcing the iphone 5.

Still cant see it. If a new phone doesnt come out in June/July then Apple's share price will plummet surely?

I heard some stuff about there being no hardware announcement at WWDC and it sounds like it will be the case. I also heard that the only reason Apple announces phones there is because they have to submit their hardware to whatever body is in control of the bandwidth spectrum a month or so before it's due to hit the market It's quite feasible that they have done some kind of deal where they can submit later or something. They could call an event at a day or two's notice and have anybody who is anybody there, most of the media they care about is based in San Francisco anyway.

I doubt it'd plummet.

They ipad2 is doing more than enough to keep their share price buoyant, and they wouldn't really lose too many sales, they'd just be delayed. It'd cut into their Q2 earnings a bit, but I don't think there'd be some knee jerk share sell offs which would cause the price to plummet.

The big issue would be just how Android performs over that period, and it'd be so much more important that the iphone 5 competes with the handsets. If say the galaxy s II gets released before, and is a killer device then people up for renewal might be tempted by a switch. But then I don't know anyone that got an iphone on a 12 month contract anyway, so people's renewal dates from the iphone 4 won't be anytime soon anyway, and people might be glad of the extra couple of months to make their contracts cheaper to buy out of?

• 3 weeks later...
Â