The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

I guess that's the encourage people to get contracts instead of PAYG.. but to charge that much for a phone ON TOP OF £40 odd a month is actually ridiculous.

O2 are really pushing their luck with this... I hope they sell none and are forced to drop the price, but sadly I still think people'll queue up for one.

The sooner another network is allowed to sell iPhone contracts the better.

According to a workmate of mine, who is somewhat of a geek, O2 are doing this on purpose to screw Apple.

Apparently, as soon as O2 signed the contract to buy Apple's iPhone, Apple lowered their prices. O2 wanted to do this when there was the 3G upgrade, but they were still relying heavily on the iPhone profit at this point. Now that Apple have made a huge fanfare out of his new phone, O2 have set the prices sky high to **** them off.

Perhaps, once they've made their point, they will drop the price again.

I live in hope.

Seems incredibly odd to me though that O2 would risk hundreds of millions in revenue for a bit of petty revenge on professional pride.

i do have an interest thats right, i nearly bought one. As for mms, if the iphone didn't have it and i didn't use email, how could you send me the pic. A basic function not supported by the 'best phone' on the market? I'm still struggling to see what it offers over my 5800, regardless of other phones.

but alot of people do. Just seems strange such a basic function wasn't included. Was there any reason given?

I believe because they didn't want people using it to send music, same reason it doesn't have bluetooth to transfer files. Anyway this argument will be dead 2 weeks from now.

Ok. iGinger sounds amazin! Ok it has bluetooth. Still, other than the Mac thing and a few 'fun' apps it seems nothing special.

Who said the apps were all "fun". I use a good deal of them all day in my work, checking train times, flight arrivals and statuses, the tube apps are fantastic for visiting london, I have an app for telling me local taxi firms wherever I am in the country, there are plenty of "serious" apps that are utterly fantastic

Â