Super Bowl XLIV 2010

Tegis

Pick a winner  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a winner

• New Orleans Saints
    • Indianapolis Colts

What a great story after Katrina, also add in top man like Brees, some great coaching adjustments, AND coming back from 10-0 down against one of the best franchises in the modern era, fair play and congrats to the Saints.

The Browns, Lions, Texans, and Jaguars are now the only NFL teams yet to appear in a Super Bowl (though the Browns and Lions won titles before the Super Bowl era).

The Jags are too cool for the Superbowl :winkold:

And they haven't been around as long as most teams either.

Bit of trivia: the presentation of the Lombardi trophy was done in the winning team's dressing room until the mid-90s. It was in the 1991 World Bowl played at Wembley that the decision was made to present the trophy on the pitch. The NFL liked the way that worked out so much that they adopted it.

WHO DAT!!!!!!

Brees: "GOD is great"... he certainly is; Brees was getting better and better as the game went on, he may only be a little guy for a QB but he's been incredible for the Saints... major props goes to him.

Oh, I'm in such a delightful mood... everyone was writing off the Saints saying the Colts would win (just like Villa vs Man U 1994 league cup final), I think I must of only been one of the few who was genuinely confident the Saints would win! The Saints defence took the piss outa the Colts... they all talk about how Manning always has his special 'gameplan' in the 2nd half... his gameplan went to ruins... the turnover in the 4th was AMAZING!

I'm soooo happy, New England will be happy... ****, I think the whole of the States is happy the Saints won and I'm sure Mardi Gras will be starting tonight haha! Around the Horn on Monday will be hilarious to see the look on Jay Mariotti's face lol.

WHO DAT!!!!!!

Brees: "GOD is great"... he certainly is; Brees was getting better and better as the game went on, he may only be a little guy for a QB but he's been incredible for the Saints... major props goes to him.

Oh, I'm in such a delightful mood... everyone was writing off the Saints saying the Colts would win (just like Villa vs Man U 1994 league cup final), I think I must of only been one of the few who was genuinely confident the Saints would win! The Saints defence took the piss outa the Colts... they all talk about how Manning always has his special 'gameplan' in the 2nd half... his gameplan went to ruins... the turnover in the 4th was AMAZING!

I'm soooo happy, New England will be happy... ****, I think the whole of the States is happy the Saints won and I'm sure Mardi Gras will be starting tonight haha! Around the Horn on Monday will be hilarious to see the look on Jay Mariotti's face lol.

Who was writing the saints off? The consensus was 50-50 at worst. I don't see any comparison to Villa v Man Utd here at all either . Villa were bigger underdogs in 94 than the saints were today. Ps God is the opposite of great.

I can assure you it certainly was not 50-50 (everyone wanted the Saints to win... but it was more with the heart, not the head. Their head told them Colts would win, their hearts told them Saints would win); there's actually this poll on ESPN where it shows only 4 states (New England, MS, LA) were confident Saints would win but I can't find the link but here's a link to a Colts forum ------> http://forum.colts.com/showthread.php?53795-Boy-they-sure-do-hate-us-in-New-England

That's why I couldn't believe how many thought the Colts would win (they also asked about 20 NFL players on Sky Sports and only 4 went for Saints), too many people like Jay Mariotti were overrating the Colts and underrating the Saints... I went with my head because I was confident that the Saints would would win the Superbowl and was just not buying into the Manning hype etc...

If we're talking about percentages I'd say most of America was behind the Saints because most wanted the Saints to win (underdog, Katrina, first Super Bowl etc...), but if we're talking about how many thought the Saints would win the percentage has decreased rapidly.

P.S. God is great... don't fight the truth :winkold:

I can assure you it certainly was not 50-50 (everyone wanted the Saints to win... but it was more with the heart, not the head. Their head told them Colts would win, their hearts told them Saints would win); there's actually this poll on ESPN where it shows only 4 states (New England, MS, LA) were confident Saints would win but I can't find the link but here's a link to a Colts forum ------> http://forum.colts.com/showthread.php?53795-Boy-they-sure-do-hate-us-in-New-England

That's why I couldn't believe how many thought the Colts would win (they also asked about 20 NFL players on Sky Sports and only 4 went for Saints), too many people like Jay Mariotti were overrating the Colts and underrating the Saints... I went with my head because I was confident that the Saints would would win the Superbowl and was just not buying into the Manning hype etc...

If we're talking about percentages I'd say most of America was behind the Saints because most wanted the Saints to win (underdog, Katrina, first Super Bowl etc...), but if we're talking about how many thought the Saints would win the percentage has decreased rapidly.

P.S. God is great... don't fight the truth :winkold:

Before the game the BBC presenter said that in a poll of 40,000 fans based on who they thought would win. The results were 50-50 he said, which was exactly the same as the Villatalk poll result. It was a tough call that could have gone either way so I wouldn't take too much pleasure in your "amazing prediction" that the Saints would win. If you had said that Hull would beat Man City then that would have been interesting but you didn't, you called a flip.

OK whatever... I'm just going by that ESPN poll, what professional footballers were saying and what football pundits were saying and more thought the Colts would win just like more people WANTED the Saints to win but more people THOUGHT the Colts would win.

I'm tempted to do a Glaston on the Colts forum...

You should mention how this is just the start of a decade of saints dominance, and that Brees is already above Manning ability wise. Just go pure Glaston on their asses. :D

Â