General Chat

Stevo985

Just found out how terribly unfit I actually am :(

Bought a rowing machine last week and just had a blast on it, 10 minutes on tension setting number 5 (goes from 1-8 ), balls out, full on effort, montage stuff.

It has nearly killed me. Everywhere hurts. There are pains in places I didnt even know I had places.

When you off again buddy?

Friday mate. Last day at work today, golf and all drinking tomorrow, home with the family Thursday then away Friday morning.

Hopefully i will be too drunk to notice the rain! :)

Have a great time wigster. I am expecting to see pics in the rogues gallery upon your return!!!!!!!

Bought a rowing machine last week and just had a blast on it, 10 minutes on tension setting number 5 (goes from 1-8), balls out, full on effort, montage stuff.

It has nearly killed me. Everywhere hurts. There are pains in places I didnt even know I had places.

You are sitting on it wrongly! :winkold:

Bought a rowing machine last week and just had a blast on it, 10 minutes on tension setting number 5 (goes from 1-8), balls out, full on effort, montage stuff.

There's no shame in being knackered after 10 minutes FLAT OUT on a rower!

Rowing machines were always my nemesis. I used to literally roll off the one in my gym afterwards. So don't be too hard on yourself. They are a demon piece of equipment :nod:

Exactly. If you were going as hard as you say you were then 10 minutes is decent.

A 3k row (around 10 minutes 45 for me) would leave me lying on the floor!

In fact I used to plan my gym routine around how tired I would be after each piece of equipment. The rowing machine was the last thing I'd do before weights. If I started with the rowing machine then I wouldn't have been able to do the bike, treadmill or cross-trainer for ages.

I may take it down a notch then, is 10 minutes once a day enough to improve my general fitness at all or am I just keeping myself afloat by burning calories that im eating during the day if that makes sense?

Im quite a skinny chap normally but im developing one of those sad little pot bellies very slowly and need to get rid of it. Ive cut out crisps completely, cut down heavily on beer and chocolate and ive already lost a stone but my little tub is still there :( and im hoping the rowing machine will help tidy myself up a bit.

Friday mate. Last day at work today, golf and all drinking tomorrow, home with the family Thursday then away Friday morning.

Have a great time wigster. I am expecting to see pics in the rogues gallery upon your return!!!!!!!

Cheers mate :thumb:

Isnt it against the law to take a camera on a stag-do?

You are sitting on it wrongly! :winkold:

Ha, nearly missed that, well, in my defence, at least I wont be able to slide off the seat.

10 minutes a day on a rowing machine won't lose a 'sad little pot belly'. It might do a little bit to tone the muscle that's hidden by the belly but you need to lose the weight. At the end of the day, you can't tone fat.

Have you not watched the ending of the Hangover? :winkold:

Just drink green tea and drop the
a few times a week, that'll soon rid you of your pot belly.

Before I clicked the link I thought you meant to have a shit :P

That plank looks like a killer even though you only do it for a few minutes, how many times a day should you do this?

Never thought about green tea either, how does it help? I know its an anti oxidant.

Have you not watched the ending of the Hangover? :winkold:

Thats a fair point well made.

That plank looks like a killer even though you only do it for a few minutes, how many times a day should you do this?

Never thought about green tea either, how does it help? I know its an anti oxidant.

Personally, I dont need to lose weight, and I do the plank for about 90 seconds 4 times a week. It just helps to firm up your stomach muscles, which can help just as much as losing weight. Just make sure you firmly such in whilst doing it.

Green tea has something in it that helps the fat burning process. I drink it whenever I'm feeling a little rotund, which isnt very often, but in conjunction with a bit of exercise, it 'appears' to make a big difference.

Personally, I dont need to lose weight, and I do the plank for about 90 seconds 4 times a week. It just helps to firm up your stomach muscles, which can help just as much as losing weight. Just make sure you firmly such in whilst doing it.

Green tea has something in it that helps the fat burning process. I drink it whenever I'm feeling a little rotund, which isnt very often, but in conjunction with a bit of exercise, it 'appears' to make a big difference.

So how would one actually shift a little bit of belly weight rather than just tone up the muscles underneath?

So how would one actually shift a little bit of belly weight rather than just tone up the muscles underneath?

Inferno-2-Slimming-Formula-and-extra-Energy-129755_image.jpg

Â