General Chat

Stevo985

Local youth projects, sport projects, learning projects, health etc

What will you do at these projects? Health?

Mum, is that you? :lol:

Be a positive role model, offer advice, help and assistance, set up things we have in the UK, use my training to advice those around me, teach about sexual safety, basic health needs. Help children learn to read.

I'm fairly pessimistic when it comes to fulfilling intentions like your own, which are definitely great. It too often happens that when people head over to places like this really hoping to help people, they end up walking around with hands in their pockets wondering what they should be doing.

Unless you're arriving into orphanages with £2000 in your outstretched hand, you'll most often find that they don't really need/want you. It's like you pay the money and then they'll try to give you the impression you're doing great work - painting and talking shite. No money and you're in the way really.

Just from my limited experience.

... 20... :)

It doesn't matter what age you are, you go with no money and no surgery specialty, don't expect people to be overjoyed to see you. There are people already there with your skills and they speak the language

It doesn't matter what age you are, you go with no money and no surgery specialty, don't expect people to be overjoyed to see you. There are people already there with your skills and they speak the language

I never said go with no money? I've found a good site now for help and advice, good news.

I never said go with no money? I've found a good site now for help and advice, good news.

You didn't say you were going without a surgery specialty either. Again just what was impressed upon me from my time volunteering in one country. It would be silly of me to think that this is the case everywhere.

Is there anyway I can make myself lactate?

I've got qualifications and experience working with abused children, something high priority in some of the places I have found. Considering by the time I go I will be even greater trained, I'll be fine I think.

I appreciate the advice though.

Â