General Chat

Stevo985

I laugh at failure. I like the fact at Wimbledon, he has all these supporters....and then does the good old British way and either bottles the big moment or just isn't quite good enough :lol:

I'm a Federer fan, always have been, I like Nadal too and so as long as those two play each other in finals, I'm happy because there isn't many better sporting events. Wimbledon 2008, nothing will ever beat that, even struggling football wise to see better event.

I love Nadal and Federer, the two of them are arguably two of the GOATs, and Murray and Djokovic are unlucky to be around in the same time as these two.

I love Nadal and Federer, the two of them are arguably two of the GOATs, and Murray and Djokovic are unlucky to be around in the same time as these two.

There's no argument about it, they're 2 of the GOAT's.

Not a bad final tonight, but the Nadal v Murray match was better. Nadal looked **** today to be honest but Federer played extremely well and was fresh as a daisy, he steamrollered everyone this week and deserved to win.

Should be another great year next year, I can't remember a time when tennis was more exciting - and I include the Borg/McEnroe years in that as the competition now is much deeper. I still think Nadal will eventually match or overtake Federer but time will tell.

I can't lie, if I had balls then this sports weekend would have just kicked me in them repeatedly

It's been crap for me as well. Villa lose and even worse, play badly and the Redskins lose. Oh yeah, the stupid Jags didn't beat the Giants either :)

I still think Nadal will eventually match or overtake Federer but time will tell.

It depends, I'm of the opinion that Nadal sticks out like a sore thumb now because he took the physicality of the 90s/early 00s tennis and took it to 11. Leaving previously very good players in the dust (apart from Federer in most cases). Whereas with most of the younger guys coming through now they are able to match him physically, so his effect may not be so great in the future. He's still a great player but his strength has always been his sheer athleticism as opposed to Federers artisty so to speak.

Regardless of what records say though, Borg will always be the best because he was a cool really bad person who won everything and retired early.

I can't lie, if I had balls then this sports weekend would have just kicked me in them repeatedly

It's been crap for me as well. Villa lose and even worse, play badly and the Redskins lose. Oh yeah, the stupid Jags didn't beat the Giants either :)

The Gators were smashed by Florida State as well :(

I still think Nadal will eventually match or overtake Federer but time will tell.

It depends, I'm of the opinion that Nadal sticks out like a sore thumb now because he took the physicality of the 90s/early 00s tennis and took it to 11. Leaving previously very good players in the dust (apart from Federer in most cases). Whereas with most of the younger guys coming through now they are able to match him physically, so his effect may not be so great in the future. He's still a great player but his strength has always been his sheer athleticism as opposed to Federers artisty so to speak.

Regardless of what records say though, Borg will always be the best because he was a cool really bad person who won everything and retired early.

Can't argue with that to be honest, retiring at 25 with 11 slams in the bag is a hard act to follow. However if Nadal wins 2 slams next year he'll have matched Borg at the same age, and using a similar style. I got the feeling that Borg was pulling for Nadal a few years back at Wimbledon, think he likes his style.

Don't agree on the artistry front either, both Fed and Nadal are capable of stunning tennis. Fed does it more effortlessly, but Nadal generally wins, and that's what counts.

No surprise really with that scoreline to befair. Gators have been thumped by all decent competition this season. Notre Dame beat USC :D. first time since 01 felt amazing

No surprise really with that scoreline to befair. Gators have been thumped by all decent competition this season. Notre Dame beat USC :D. first time since 01 felt amazing

I don't think the word stupid was really called for. *sigh* Yes it was. They played like morons in the second half.

And yes my Gators lost to FSU. I was cheering on Notre Dame. Just nice when they actually win. *Not being a douche. I mean it*

If we have Gabby, we will win (don't think he's ever done anything except win in a Scum derby)

If we don't, it'll be backs to the wall. Albrighton not playing either though :x

Â