General Chat

Stevo985

I think people (mainly those in favour of cheating) are trying to argue that 'you'd do it too'. That doesn't change the fact that it is still cheating :)

I know it's cheating....However if say a paper come up online, of course you'd look because you know about 90% of the people taking the paper would do the exact same and you want to get the best possible grade.

Still don't forget, knowing a question doesn't mean an automatic very good grade, a 50 mark question, if you see the question, there is hardly a definate answer, you still have to revise pages and pages of notes thoroughly, but instead of revising 2.3 different topics, you just revise 1... :)

I think the pub quiz thing is marginally more acceptable, or should I say less contentious/serious through it's very nature, whereas the state exam thing is indefensible I'm afraid :)

Cheating is lower than a snakes belly, as I said before, and also as I said before, I hope you and your cheating friends fail miserably.

Your friend you helped cheat, should he be going to university, has almost certainly done someone else out a place they probably deserve.

Disgraceful.

He didn't cheat because he didn't have his phone because he weren't allowed it, however I did try to help him cheat. So everyone's grades are perfectely legitimate thank you, even if from my side, there was intent.

Also, it was only me who sent him a text and have I not cheated on a single exam, I'm just saying I would and so would 90% of students going by the poll i've set up. Do you hope all they fail too because they "WOULD" if they could.

Noone has cheated that I know off.

I think the pub quiz thing is marginally more acceptable, or should I say less contentious/serious through it's very nature, whereas the state exam thing is indefensible I'm afraid :)

The poll is reading.

12 - Yes.

1 - No.

92% of people so far would look at a paper before their exam. :lol:

I think you have to be in the situation we are in now to make a proper decision. It's easy to say once you've done the exams normally to say "No I wouldn't of" but at the time....

Cheating is lower than a snakes belly, as I said before, and also as I said before, I hope you and your cheating friends fail miserably.

Your friend you helped cheat, should he be going to university, has almost certainly done someone else out a place they probably deserve.

Disgraceful.

He didn't cheat because he didn't have his phone because he weren't allowed it, however I did try to help him cheat. So everyone's grades are perfectely legitimate thank you, even if from my side, there was intent.

Also, it was only me who sent him a text and have I not cheated on a single exam, I'm just saying I would and so would 90% of students going by the poll i've set up. Do you hope all they fail too because they "WOULD" if they could.

Judging by that post you'd have to cheat at English to pass ;)

Disgraceful.

Judging by that post you'd have to cheat at English to pass ;)

Didn't take it, English has never been my strong point. :shock:

Intent was there from you and him, struck off of the exam and a 0 in my world (vote for me in future people, I'll put that politics degree to good use).

I despise this attitude of 'as long as I'm alright Jack' which is personified wholeheartedly in this debate, and because of that, yeah I probably would at the very least have a stern word with anyone who thinks '**** it, **** the rules, **** the morality, it's doing me good, screw it, I'm owed doing well no matter what'.

Your spelling and grammar is probably indicative of the need to cheat to be frank.

The poll is reading.

12 - Yes.

1 - No.

I think you have to be in the situation we are in now to make a proper decision. It's easy to say once you've done the exams normally to say "No I wouldn't of" but at the time....

...just because lots think it's OK doesn't mean it is...

I was in your position not too long ago, if I'd have cheated I would have done much much better than I did - I gave up in A Levels, got cocky and lazy and decided I couldn't be ****. I still wouldn't have cheated then, because I knew my effort wouldn't have warranted those results had I cheated (I had no opportunity to cheat regardless but I wouldn't have, I have a moral compass that actually works). I respected the people who did well and did put in the effort enough to know that I wouldn't.

Intent was there from you and him, struck off of the exam and a 0 in my world (vote for me in future people, I'll put that politics degree to good use).

I despise this attitude of 'as long as I'm alright Jack' which is personified wholeheartedly in this debate, and because of that, yeah I probably would at the very least have a stern word with anyone who thinks '**** it, **** the rules, **** the morality, it's doing me good, screw it, I'm owed doing well no matter what'.

Your spelling and grammar is probably indicative of the need to cheat to be frank.

Like I said, I didn't take English because I'm not very good at it and don't like it.

Anyway, this attitude of 'as long as I'm alright Jack' is a pretty popular theme by the looks of this poll.

Okay, paper comes up on the internet, do you look or not? of course you do. You don't and your putting a place at Uni at risk because other people achieving better grades because they looked.

13-1 and 93% of people now would cheat. Get a grip, the majority, a large majority would do exactly the same.

to be fair though there was a history exam I was in where there was not enough spare paper for people who needed it and by the time someone came in with the paper some people had lost nearly 25 minutes. No extension was given either.

In that case then I would allow some kind of retribution whether it be cheating or those pupils who missed out getting a few extra marks.

The poll is reading.

12 - Yes.

1 - No.

...just because lots think it's OK doesn't mean it is...

I was in your position not too long ago, if I'd have cheated I would have done much much better than I did - I gave up in A Levels, got cocky and lazy and decided I couldn't be ****. I still wouldn't have cheated then, because I knew my effort wouldn't have warranted those results had I cheated (I had no opportunity to cheat regardless but I wouldn't have, I have a moral compass that actually works). I respected the people who did well and did put in the effort enough to know that I wouldn't.

Great. Your in a minority. Again, you can't just hope everyone fails because they "would" cheat given the chance. I bet if it was discussed at the time with your mates, that most of them would look, I wonder if you'd want them to fail then.

I haven't personally cheated on my own exams or anyone I know of. I would cheat if I had the chance but then so would the large majority of people taking the exams. So basically, my thinking and what I've done is no different to anyone my age.

Like I said, I didn't take English because I'm not very good at it and don't like it.

Anyway, this attitude of 'as long as I'm alright Jack' is a pretty popular theme by the looks of this poll.

Okay, paper comes up on the internet, do you look or not? of course you do. You don't and your putting a place at Uni at risk because other people achieving better grades because they looked.

13-1 and 93% of people now would cheat. Get a grip, the majority, a large majority would do exactly the same.

I don't give a shit if it's popular, its wrong.

That paper comes up on the net, I don't look.

You put your place at uni at risk by not putting in enough effort, or not being good enough. Thats the legitimate way. Not cheating and defrauding the entire process because it's Good For You. You accept the consequences of your failure and you learn from it.

You need to get a grip I think you'll find, you're trying to justify the unjustifiable. 'Oh, everyone would do it' is not a justification for a wrongdoing, get that into your thick (seemingly in every sense of the word) skull. It's the kind of logic that says this is okay that opens up all kinds of wrongs.

This whole attitude angers me fundamentally. I do hope you and your friend fail, thats the vindictive side of me that hates this line of thinking coming through. It'll be no less than either of you deserve in my book.

One of the '2 VT'ers' was me Snowy. I dont think i have a 'disgraceful attitude' just because i would take the chance to give myself an advantage, however unfair on others that may be.

I do and I think you have just reinforced my opinion with your post.

Utterly shameful.

Its in my interest for my future to, when I go and sign on, lie and say I have an illness that prevents me working. Something I can fake quite easily at a doctor. It's good for me because I'll be paid a shitload to sit on my arse and do nothing, and never have to work.

I don't do it though.

I daresay 'disgraceofbrum' would say I should.

EDIT - or better, to lie on my CV. Of course I have lots of experience, Mr Soon-to-Boss. And that degree I took, no, not in Political Studies, it was in biology. Or English. Or whatever you want it to be in, sir, to let me have this job.

See above Snowy.

Maybe if you was at our age in our "moment"....you'd understand a little better. I understand you probably once were and maybe one day when we are your age, we might change our thoughts but that is....

2 out of 2 VT'ers sitting A-Levels who would look and I'm sure he don't mind me saying, 3 out of 3 including Milfner who was speaking to me about it the other day on facebook.

I have admitted I'm a cheat? I'm not a cheat because I've never done it but given the chance I would.

Meh. I'm just living in the real world. You are living on land "nicey nice"..

You can attempt to justify it until you are blue in the face but don't blame it on your age, don't try and credit yourself that you are 'living in the real world' and that makes it all okay - you would cheat, you have cheated (by helping your friend cheat), you think cheating is fine and your attitude is disgraceful.

Please don't try and engage me any more in this discussion because you, your attitude and what you post are not worth it.

I think the best response to cheating anyway is sarcasm.

take the example in cricket.

batsman gets caught behind and doesn't walk and their umpire doesn't give it out, bat in the air, no ground noise, it's out.

bowl the guy a few balls later

'It hit wood that time didn't it?!'.

quite possibly the best feeling in the world.

I don't give a shit if it's popular, its wrong.

That paper comes up on the net, I don't look.

You put your place at uni at risk by not putting in enough effort, or not being good enough. Thats the legitimate way. Not cheating and defrauding the entire process because it's Good For You. You accept the consequences of your failure and you learn from it.

You need to get a grip I think you'll find, you're trying to justify the unjustifiable. 'Oh, everyone would do it' is not a justification for a wrongdoing, get that into your thick (seemingly in every sense of the word) skull. It's the kind of logic that says this is okay that opens up all kinds of wrongs.

This whole attitude angers me fundamentally. I do hope you and your friend fail, thats the vindictive side of me that hates this line of thinking coming through. It'll be no less than either of you deserve in my book.

Just to highlight that point. You or someone was talking earlier about missing Uni places because of someone cheating....but for example, I or someone could miss out on a Uni place because lots of people cheated and then I sit at home in september going " :D I Took the moral high ground, WHOOPEDY DOO. :D".....don't think so. You'd be an idiot to think your the smart one.

Of course I know it ain't right, I've never said it is right but it's the real world. If I want a place at Uni and I felt maybe I was unsure on a certain topic, I.e. needed a C and was C/D sorta grade and you had the chance to look at the paper of course I would as most others would.

Again, don't pick me out for individual criticism when it is a large majority of people thinking exactly the same.

+ I care more about myself and my mate than some people I've never even met or know of. I'm guessing i'll be told that's a wrong attitude to have now. :lol:

Its in my interest for my future to, when I go and sign on, lie and say I have an illness that prevents me working. Something I can fake quite easily at a doctor. It's good for me because I'll be paid a shitload to sit on my arse and do nothing, and never have to work.

I don't do it though.

I daresay 'disgraceofbrum' would say I should.

EDIT - or better, to lie on my CV. Of course I have lots of experience, Mr Soon-to-Boss. And that degree I took, no, not in Political Studies, it was in biology. Or English. Or whatever you want it to be in, sir, to let me have this job.

Wow. So clever that. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Â