General Chat

Stevo985

They are especially bad in the 3-7 year range. You cannot reason with them , you cannot get tough with them , there is no point in being nice with them, they'll get exactly what they wanted in the first place and blow your **** head off while doing it. I absolutely detest parents who fail to teach their kids basic manners , like NOT touching expensive stuff while at someone else's house. Some actually go ahead and defend these little delinquents :angry:

My 3 year old cousin screwing around with my aquarium is making me really nervous

. He has taken a liking to thumping the surface of the aquarium with his tiny fists and my fish are getting startled.

I just cannot stand kids. My mum deserves a medal for putting up with me for so long.

Force the little bastard to watch Jaws and tell him that if he keeps it up then the little fish are going to have a word with their big fish buddies and the next time he's anywhere near water he will be eaten.

Other peoples' kids, I agree. Different when you have your own. I agree about teaching them manners though. Ours were pretty easy to control, perhaps because they were girls.

Reading stories to them when they were little was one of my most enjoyable experiences ever.

My kids were all well behaved. That's because I THREATENED to beat them if they didn't and that seemed to work :-). Didn't actually have to whack them apart from the odd clip round the ear.

In fact my 18 year old lad has never even been in a fight......by that age I'd handed out and recieved an equal amount of shoeings, glad they didnt take after me.

Never been in a fight by 18?

Impressive.

I suppose the fact that he's 6 foot 3 and works out might have had a bearing on that :-)

Even I got in a few fights, and as I said in the "Before the Internet" thread, I was a total nerd. My dad taught me to stand up to bullies (and in those days they didn't carry knives and guns).

Good parenting Rob. I'm just under 3 months away from achieving the same feat.

Thank ye

All 3 of mine went through school pretty much problem free, unfortunately oldest daughter dropped out of 6th form and is a bit of a recluse.

Lads are doing OK though, oldest just got his driving license and first job after graduating Xenos Academy, the one who comes with me to the footy is a maths whizz and top of his class.

I attribute that to the cider I let him partake of ;-)

the one who comes with me to the footy is a maths whizz and top of his class.

I attribute that to the cider I let him partake of ;-)

You could be onto something there Rob.

I was weaned on Guinness. And I'm not speaking figuratively.

Apparently I was a crying brat of a baby who wouldn't settle, and my mom was at her wit's end with lack of sleep, on the verge of chucking me out of a third floor window. She had a bottle of Guinness in the house and in desperation gave me a medicine glass full. We both got a good night's kip, and she was then panicking and guilty so asked the GP if it was dangerous, and he said "Naw, not in small quantities. If it works, use it".

Consequently I always had small amounts of booze as I grew up, never went through that stage of having to pretend I liked beer like my mates did. I really did like it. But it also meant it was no big deal, and I never really felt the need to overdo it and get stupidly shitfaced. Not say I've never done that!

Â