Who's gonna win and how?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who's gonna win and how?

• Hatton on points
    • Hatton T/KO
    • Draw
    • Pac on points
    • Pac T/KO

I'm not that into boxing but Freddy Roach seems like a bit a legend, am I right?

Just look at the names he has worked with.

I cant see Hatton going out on a defeat. He has too much pride. He annihilated Paulie Malignaggi less than six months ago so he isnt washed up at all. He had a bad night against the kind of fighter you dont want to have a bad night against. I think he seriously underestimated Pac's punching power and he paid for it.

Hatton will definitely have a fight in Manchester. Whether he calls it a farewell fight or not he will have one back in front of his home fans. He is still good enough to beat boxers ranked in the top ten and there are probably plenty of up and coming fighters who might want to get a name like Hatton on their CV. Hatton will fight again this year. Cant see him fighting on into 2010 though.

I'm not that into boxing but Freddy Roach seems like a bit a legend, am I right?

Just look at the names he has worked with.

I cant see Hatton going out on a defeat. He has too much pride. He annihilated Paulie Malignaggi less than six months ago so he isnt washed up at all. He had a bad night against the kind of fighter you dont want to have a bad night against. I think he seriously underestimated Pac's punching power and he paid for it.

Hatton will definitely have a fight in Manchester. Whether he calls it a farewell fight or not he will have one back in front of his home fans. He is still good enough to beat boxers ranked in the top ten and there are probably plenty of up and coming fighters who might want to get a name like Hatton on their CV. Hatton will fight again this year. Cant see him fighting on into 2010 though.

He beat the shit out of the ghost of Malignaggi who had the worst trainer in the history of boxing. Hatton has never been a true, TOP level fighter. Too one dimensional and unable to adjust. He'll take an easy payday in Manchester against a C-level fighter (kind of like what Calzaghe did for most of his career) and retire.

Hatton was a true top level fighter. He beat plenty of world class opponents. And he was able to adjust in fights.

He just fell short at the pinnacle of the sport. No shame in that as I really think Pac has the potential to be a top 10 ATG and so does Mayweather.

I watched it last night as i was up finishing off my disertation which i handed in today, 3hrs slp FTW!

As usual my desire to see the brit win clouded my judgement so backing hatton to win by ko or tko returnd no $! No problem tho, weekends beting leaves me plus 91!

It sees to me as though hatton is stuck between a rock and a hard place really. No one is a worthy challenger to him except two guys who wil probably go down as two of the best ever. At least he had the stones to go out there and take them on though, much props to him for that.

Where he goes from here is anyones guess, if i was in his shoes though id call it a day. He has proved himself time and again at 10stone so there is nothing left for him to do really. He is much better than anyone but floyd n pacman so a rematch against either of them would be pointless.

If i was in his shoes the only fight i would consider would be against oscar at wembley. Other than that he has his health and his $ and so it would probably be best to walk away.

oh definately nothing else for him to prove now

he's a good boxer but he is a mile away from the world class boxers

i still recon I would have knocked him and pacquiao out

Depends what you mean by world class boxers.

Hatton has only ever been beaten by the guy who was #1 P4P in the world. Mayweather and Pacquiao are absolute legends. Hatton has beaten plenty of elite fighters and has been an elite fighter himself for a number of years.

I cant see Ricky Hatton wanting to finish like that. He wont want his last fight to be this:

_45730835_rick_466_get.jpg

Im sure he will go for another fight in Manchester in front of his fans. After that, well, who knows? He wont go out on a comprehensive defeat.

by world class boxers i mean the two people that KO'd ricky

not embarrasing for him by a long shot but at the end of the day that is what ricky has always aspired to be, unfortunately he falls short of the mark

he's had an outstanding career but he isn't ever going to be as good as the very very best unfortunately

They need to stick Floyd on the end of that!

No chance.

Wanna bet on it?

Yep (I don't have any money)

Some kind of other proposition?

michael%20jackson%20gif.gif

what is the point of Hatton carrying on, he will not be able to get the real top class, is there a British boxer he could fight on home ground to wrap it up and give his fans a last memory.

what is the point of Hatton carrying on, he will not be able to get the real top class, is there a British boxer he could fight on home ground to wrap it up and give his fans a last memory.

id like to see him knock khans block off

They need to stick Floyd on the end of that!

No chance.

Wanna bet on it?

Yep (I don't have any money)

Some kind of other proposition?

Yeah sound. I imagine the fight will be end of the year so keep a mental note of the bet and we can sort it out then.

Â