• Hatton on points
    • Hatton T/KO
    • Draw
    • Pac on points
    • Pac T/KO

oh definately nothing else for him to prove now

he's a good boxer but he is a mile away from the world class boxers

i still recon I would have knocked him and pacquiao out

Depends what you mean by world class boxers.

Hatton has only ever been beaten by the guy who was #1 P4P in the world. Mayweather and Pacquiao are absolute legends. Hatton has beaten plenty of elite fighters and has been an elite fighter himself for a number of years.

I cant see Ricky Hatton wanting to finish like that. He wont want his last fight to be this:

_45730835_rick_466_get.jpg

Im sure he will go for another fight in Manchester in front of his fans. After that, well, who knows? He wont go out on a comprehensive defeat.

Suprised as to how good Pacquiao was, thought Hatton's power was going to see him through.

He couldn't get anywhere near Pacquiao, everytime he went in, he was just getting battered. Pacquiao/Mayweather would be brilliant.

Sad to see, because he's a good boxer, and fair play to him for taking these big fights against Mayweather and Pacquiao where he's been the massive underdog. He falls just short of world class status. Everytime he's gone to the states to take on a real world class fighter, he's been found wanting.

Hasn't he lost just 2 fights in his career? Mayweather and last nights?... not exactly embarassing losses... I can't see him retiring just yet, a few more fights against slightly lesser (but still decent) opposition would see his career end on a high.

I agree though.. Mayweather vs Pacquiao would be fantastic to see.

Why was he just walking in with no head movement his hands were not up high enough, thats an amateur mistake and he got made to look like an amateur.

Thats what Mayweather Snr has tried to get him doing more, moving his head, but I suppose the gameplan went out of the window when he got flawed in the first round. After that, Hatton just wanted to batter him and go back to being his normal aggressive self, coming forward, but Pacquiao's punches were just raining down on him.

It was like watching Mayweather/Hatton all over again, but he managed to hold on for longer then. Really was a gulf in class.

he was also way to square, he was walking onto to many shots, i heard mayweather snr yelling at him in the corner to move his head and keep his hands up but he didnt listen

Why was he just walking in with no head movement his hands were not up high enough, thats an amateur mistake and he got made to look like an amateur.

Thats what Mayweather Snr has tried to get him doing more, moving his head, but I suppose the gameplan went out of the window when he got flawed in the first round. After that, Hatton just wanted to batter him and go back to being his normal aggressive self, coming forward, but Pacquiao's punches were just raining down on him.

It was like watching Mayweather/Hatton all over again, but he managed to hold on for longer then. Really was a gulf in class.

Hatton completely underestimated Pacquiao's punching power it seems.

The first knockdown showed just how good Pac is though, he slipped a punch while landing one of his own cleanly enough to drop a fighter who has a decent chin. Moving up to 140 really didnt prove a problem at all for Pacquiao. He might have to move up to 147 to fight Mayweather so the same questions about fighting a bigger man and being able to carry his power up another division will be asked again, but its a fight that seems destined to happen.

I was suprised how quick Pacquiao was, it was quite blatent hatton was trying to get in close and land body shots but Pacquiao was an escape artist and managed to maneuver out whenever hatton got close and picked him off with a combination of jabs and hooks. Everybody was saying how hatton had more power going into this but what goods that if you cant land any shots

Hasn't he lost just 2 fights in his career? Mayweather and last nights?... not exactly embarassing losses... I can't see him retiring just yet, a few more fights against slightly lesser (but still decent) opposition would see his career end on a high.

I agree though.. Mayweather vs Pacquiao would be fantastic to see.

It's not just about only losing two, he was BRUTALLY beaten & ko'd in both fights. He's on a downward spiral. I see one more fight in Manchester against easy opposition and then that'll be it for him

Hatton has only just come up short against two of the best p4p fighters ever. His aggressive style always meant that if he came up against a better boxer there would be weaknesses to exploit. Mayweather exposed this and Manny quite spectacularly underlined it.

Hatton looked a bit frailer than i expected at the weigh in. He's the same weight as he was when he fought Malignaggi but doesnt look it.

Bit worried about this one now.

I said that after the weigh in and it surprised me that people were still expecting Hatton to have the power advantage. He'd cut down so much he'd lost it and it was quite rightly pointed out last night that Manny's slow progression in building weight is a better approach then the toil Hatton puts his body through. Something didnt look right to me and i think they tried to get his speed up as best they could and ended up losing the power advantage. Manny just had the edge over him in both areas, Hatton threw some big punches that came so close to landing but he just avoided them and was impressive in soaking up the few that did connect and still coming on relentlessly.

Feel for Hatton and all the fans who travelled but he's had a brilliant career. If he wants a showpiece fight in Manchester as a thank you then thats understandable but the real question has now been answered and that will take place in the background. The big story is whether Mayweather and Manny will get to meet which is a phenomenal prospect. Personally i wouldn't be putting any money on Mayweather and i think he has the most to lose too.

Another prime expample of why pay per view is a waste of money too. I really think it should be banned.

I can't see a way back for Hatton now. He don't live his life right for a start. I've been to a few uk fights and I wouldn't pay another 80 quid to see him fight some nobodys. Or stay awake till stupid o'clock.

The only fight I'd be watch would be Hatton Khan.

I'd like to see him fight again, over here, as a thanks to all fans, especially those that have travelled to the states to watch him against Mayweather/Malignaggi/Pacquiao.

But is it really worth it? He's made his money, and he's not the Ricky Hatton he was, and who's going to fight him?

Maybe it would be better to call it a day.

I'd like to see him fight again, over here, as a thanks to all fans, especially those that have travelled to the states to watch him against Mayweather/Malignaggi/Pacquiao.

But is it really worth it? He's made his money, and he's not the Ricky Hatton he was, and who's going to fight him?

I'd fight him.

I might struggle to make the weight though, I could probably just about cut in time for a december fight.

I'll only ask for a million as well, rising to three mill if I last longer than he did against Pacquiao. Anywhere know where I can get in touch with his promoters?

Against the best of the best Hattons lifestyle has done him no favours. Blowing up to 14stone in between fights is bound to take its toll in the end.

I was really impressed with Pacquiao and he surprised me with his power. Hatton did himself no favours though and it was as if he'd prepared to fight an orthodox fighter instead of the southpaw Pacquiao.

Hatton should call it a day now. He as been an excellent fighter, had a great career but come up short against two great fighters and there is no disgrace in that.

Junior Witter would appriciate it after calling him out for years. Him/Khan would sell out the CoMS but it'd only last about 2 rounds again :lol: Both not great fights but what do you expect after that beating.

****, he could even give Paulie a rematch seeing as he's got a competent trainer now :winkold:

Junior Witter would appriciate it after calling him out for years. Him/Khan would sell out the CoMS but it'd only last about 2 rounds again :lol: Both not great fights but what do you expect after that beating.

****, he could even give Paulie a rematch seeing as he's got a competent trainer now :winkold:

Malignaggi is shit. No good being as quick as lightening if you can't throw a decent punch. Powderpuff. Hatton destroyed him.

I don't think Hatton should lower himself to getting in the ring with Junior Witter or Amir Khan either, both crap, really not worth it. Hatton's already proved he can beat fighters of Witter/Khan's level and better, it's just the step up against the world class fighters like Mayweather/Pacquiao he's struggled with.

Actually, it would be nice to see Hatton beat the shit out of Junior Witter, gobby ****.

Retire Ricky.

Malignaggi is shit. No good being as quick as lightening if you can't throw a decent punch. Powderpuff. Hatton destroyed him.

I don't think Hatton should lower himself to getting in the ring with Junior Witter or Amir Khan either, both crap, really not worth it. Hatton's already proved he can beat fighters of Witter/Khan's level and better, it's just the step up against the world class fighters like Mayweather/Pacquiao he's struggled with.

Actually, it would be nice to see Hatton beat the shit out of Junior Witter, gobby ****.

Retire Ricky.

id rather he had a shot at Khans glass jaw,id love to see him get it a off Hatton..

Â