Do we really need Milan Baros?

clayton8321

If you had your choice to improve the team now:  

21 members have voted

1. 1. If you had your choice to improve the team now:

• Spend entire kitty on Baros because he'll make every bit of difference
    • Spend entire kitty on a creative midfielder
    • Split the kitty equally on a striker and creative midfielder (but that means no Baros)

After watching Saturdays match, unlike a lot of people I'm not convinced Milan alone would've made a difference and I think just like the past few seasons.. its going to be the same the rest of the way. Because we all know that if we buy Milan.. were NOT buying anyone else. I realize its tooo late to back down now.. but IMO the kitty set aside for Baros should be divided equally for a decent striker AND a creative midfielder. Either way I guess this late in the window the pickings are slim! ARGHHHHHH!

Up the villa!!

Ellis eres tremenda mierda!!!

We dont know IF the kitty is all going on Baros, do we? I dont know either way, all I know is that Baros is overpriced for what he is. I think that a striker and creative midfielder for that much, if that much is available, would probably produce adequate players if we were getting good deals. We need good players though. We need to stop missing out on talent from lower leagues for a start - look at Bent for Charlton for example.

This is a silly poll. The entire kitty is not necessarily Baros for a start. Secondly, we don't need a creative midfielder as much as we need a centre-back or indeed a left back, which DOL appreciates. Therefore I would spend money on Baros, a CB and a LB iff possible and leave a creative midfielder for another time.

Totally agree. If lets say Villa has 6.5 million left to spend on Milan.. I just think they can get ONE pretty good striker and ONE pretty good creative midfielder for 3.25 million apiece. I just think its too late now. Unfortunately Ellis buying a pretty good player every 3 or 4 years isn't going to help. ARGGHHH!!!!

We need Baros..or the similar kind of "Big name" player but we need around 6-7 new players in that region to give Villa a good team that will challenge for Europe and for Champions league.

I answered the third choice because Baros is a little bit overrated and he´s probably going to be too expensive. The reason why we choose to buy an expensive player is up to the clubs lack in fantasy and creativity. There is quite a few other prospects around outside of England that could do as good job as any...

As I see it we need one classy goalkeeper.

three new defenders where two is central.

two creative midfielders

one big profile and "20 goal" striker.

How do you know the entire kitty will be spent on Baros?

This isn't the best poll ever to appear on here i must say.

Because from what I can tell from Aston Villa and from what people tell me.. they are not the biggest spenders in the world and have been known to lie to people in the past. Are you still waiting for the 20 million?

As I see it we need one classy goalkeeper.

three new defenders where two is central.

two creative midfielders

one big profile and "20 goal" striker.

dont need to worry about goalies right now do we? I think if we would trim it to 4 signings or however many DOL said that he wanted, I think 2 defenders, one central, one LB, a creative midfielder, and a target-man striker. We dont really have any sizable players who are attacking, and I think we need somebody with a bit of strength and aerial-prowess. Same kind of player as John Hartson.

The reason Villa have been haggling so hard over the price is because they don't want to spend the entire kittyon him and if reports are to be believed and we have agreed a fee then there is money left.

I guess the "quote" signature on each of your postings says it all. Villafan I know what your saying and I agree .. but its just frustrating that every season Ellis says something to douse the revolt and we just swallow it whole... just to realize once again that the old goat bought himself more time. ARGHHH!!! Sorry its a Monday!!!

How do you know the entire kitty will be spent on Baros?

Very funny - with the £13m left over we could go and buy Ronaldhino to be playmaker!

We won't buy Baros.

Ellis wont spend £6m on anyone.

If he agrees the fees it will fall apart over wages.

If he agrees the wages he'll forget to fax the registration to the FA.

But yes we do need a quality centre forward, and a creative playmaker, but we will have to make do with hendrie in the hole and gabby up front.

we need a lot of things...

baros is one of them...

Your right but I guess my point is is that we can't afford Baros and other players. But if we split up the money and get a striker, midfielder and a central defender would that be more beneficial.

To me its like buying an expensive belt that I like.. but in order to afford it I have to buy cheap pants with no hoops on it.

After watching Saturdays match, unlike a lot of people I'm not convinced Milan alone would've made a difference

No, but having some pace the previous Saturday may have made enough difference to give us 3 rather than 1 points.

But IMO I didn't think the ball was close enough the entire game to get a good shot on goal. Lets face it.. it took super grueling work to get the ball up front.. (that is until Nobby arrived)

Â