Has Davis Overtaken Hendrie?

Jez

Has Davis Overtaken Hendrie?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Has Davis Overtaken Hendrie?

• Yes, he's the muts nuts!
    • No, hendrie still pulls the grans!

Thinking about this as both Hendrie and Davis are similar in terms of a Villa 'attacking' midfielder i.e run their hearts out and do some creative stuff every so often ;)

So who is best/first choice etc?

Davis would start for me. At least if he dissapears during a game it can be put down to inexperience, or may be able to be coached out of him. When Hendrie goes missing for half a season, it's just what he does.

if Davis learns to prowl outside the box as well as surge into the box then we have a great player on our hands.

English media tend to build a lot of English National players up to quickly. We seen high expectations from everyone about Lee. With Steve it won't quite work like that, so I think it will be easier for him to develop.

I've a feeling he's our longest serving player, probably bit-part at that, never really lived up to his promise in the early years when he picked up an International cap and nearly scored!! Scored a couple of corkers last term, so be intresting to see what he does when he get's the chance.

Surely Davis. I rate him the better player already.

Davis has got what it takes to be a top quality midfielder. He just needs that extra edge to make him a very good player, in terms of passing and creativity. He's a lot younger than Henders as well, and still has a good five years to develop his qualities. Possibly a future star player for us, imo.

Hendrie is sadly just really average. Bar his usual streak in November when he scores his five brilliant goals then only to turn really mediocre again. Nothing more than a squad player.

The question was if Davis had OVERTAKEN Hendrie... most people's replies here suggest that they are basing their opinon on the potential of Davis.

My answer is no he hasn't. But he has the potential to surpass Hendrie by a mile...

The question was if David had OVERTAKEN Hendrie... most people's replies here suggest that they are basing their opinon on the potential of Davis.

My answer is no he hasn't. But he has the potential to surpass Hendrie by a mile...

I have to say, Kalim, Davis has impressed me a lot more than Hendrie lately. Not only because of his potential, but in terms of present quality as well. He's just a class or two better than Lee, I think.

I wish we'd give Hendrie a rolling contract that way we might actually get some form of consistent perormance from him.

At the moment I'd say Hendrie is still the better player but Davis will be better than Hendrie in a couple of years I'm sure of that

Hendrie.... blah blah.... potential.... blah blah.... goes missing .... blah blah.... too old ... blah blah.

Hendrie scored more than Davis last year. Hendrie created more than Davis last year. Hendrie linked better with Angel (and Vassell) better than Davis last year.

Hendrie struggled without McCann in the side last year. So did Davis.

So what has changed this year? Nothing - only that Davis is being given his chance.

He is still not the quality we get from Hendrie. End of.

what has changed this year?

hendrie isnt playing for a contract nor is he available due to suspension....

tbh, i dont think theres much difference technically between the two players.. once davis finds his feet properly and is established, he will be a much better player than hendrie...

at the moment though, although davis shows a lot of potential, there is not a great deal of difference between the two.. although hendrie probably nicks it at the moment...

Why is it that people are quick to point out he was playing well before he got a contract....

... while conveniently forgetting that his form slump coincided with McCann being injured?

No no. He only plays well when a contract is due. :roll:

i think its due to experience of the fellas style of play over the years when contracts are up for renewal....

you may be right in this particular case but time will tell when he gets to play with mccann again...

personally, i hope youre right, but i feel he will be the same old hendrie as he always has been even when he gets to play with mccann again....

which is showing small signs of real quality, that is ruined by his stupidity and inconsistancy.....

he COULD have been a villa great....

he COULD have been a villa great....

That I cannot argue with.

There is still time for him to turn it around....

... but that would require him to stop being a chav off the field. Can't see that happening, sadly.

Steven Davis.

by a country mile.

far, far better all round game than Lee, who is OK offensively but does not offer much else and does not really have any physical presence.

Steeven Davis gets stuck in. He can score goals. he can run with the ball. He can track back. he can tackle. etc .....

Hendrie has his uses, but i believe his skills will be utilised mainly from the bench this season.

IMO, Davis is the better player already.

Let's wait and see who DOL picks alongside Gav for a few games this season to see who DOL thinks is the better player.

Why is it that people are quick to point out he was playing well before he got a contract....

... while conveniently forgetting that his form slump coincided with McCann being injured?

No no. He only plays well when a contract is due. :roll:

Because its ALWAYS the case and well known that when a contract due he is wicked once contract nothin!!!!

Â