Has Davis Overtaken Hendrie?

Jez

Has Davis Overtaken Hendrie?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Has Davis Overtaken Hendrie?

• Yes, he's the muts nuts!
    • No, hendrie still pulls the grans!

We have the luxury of testing davis for the whole season this time around. No one should realistically expect anything from villa this year. So why not just shove davis every game and see how he progress's? All the first team football will do him good, if oleary thinks he needs to pull him away from it for a while we've got about 10 other central midfeilders that will step in.

Got to be Davis. We should have got rid of Hendrie years ago, no bottle, no brains, massive ego and over-rated to boot!

Over the last 3/4 seasons in particular his contribution at best has been in 4/5 game spells but in reality he has never had the class, attitude, skill or temperament to be great. But ellis and several Villa managers have hung on to hope that he "will one day reach his potential" rather than buy someone with class.

I dont think Davis is the finished article yet - but he could with time become the next Dennis Mortimer!!

Davis has a very good chance of overtaking Hendrie soon, but still I do rate Hendrie more as an attacking midfielder. I like both...but Hendrie do have som heavy backpackers with him that stops him from becoming a true legend. The lad is troublesome but I bet everyone holds a fist in the air and shout HENDRIE!!!! when he scores a goal...like he was a true hero.

Little bit double here people?

Hendrie has done many good things at Villa so I really think we should give him credit for those things instead of complaining about his errors.

If he wasnt good...or rated...he would´ve left Villa long time ago...still he´s there! He is loyal...despite the team not having much to cheer about.

Davis has a very good chance of overtaking Hendrie soon, but still I do rate Hendrie more as an attacking midfielder. I like both...but Hendrie do have som heavy backpackers with him that stops him from becoming a true legend. The lad is troublesome but I bet everyone holds a fist in the air and shout HENDRIE!!!! when he scores a goal...like he was a true hero.Little bit double here people?

Hendrie has done many good things at Villa so I really think we should give him credit for those things instead of complaining about his errors.

If he wasnt good...or rated...he would´ve left Villa long time ago...still he´s there! He is loyal...despite the team not having much to cheer about.

Personally I cheer a Villa goal and not Hendrie - he is and never has been a favourite or hero of mine, and over the last 3 seasons in particular - I have come to view him as a makeweight because the club wouldnt fork out for true class.

IF he WAS that good imho he would have left years ago and rather than staying through loyalty I think none of the other premiership managers rated him as highly as Villa did. I have always been at loss to understand why so many Villa fans have rated he so highly. imo his lack of class has been part of the problem we have had for so long in midfield and other than a few brief flashes he has rarely looked like becoming a class act.

He has always been good at short one two's, little through balls and rapid interplay, but he lacks vision, rarely make a long pinpoint pass, has little pace over distance. His inability to control his mouth and indiscipline on the pitch has cost us much over the years.

I dont deny that he has shown "passion" but I doubt few fans will ever claim that he was one of the a great or even very good players of his generation.

Â