World of Warcraft

The_Rev

# Loatheb has around 5,330,000 HP

# Corrupted mind Loatheb places a 1 minute linked cooldown on all healing spells, including cleanse/dispell/depoison. This means you only get 1 healing spell to cast per 1 minute, including cleanse/dispell/depoison. Anything that heals, removes a debuff, or otherwise prevents dmg on others (PWS) pretty much is affected

# Poison Aura melee range. 196 Nature damage inflicted every 6 sec in 10 yards. 12 seconds duration.

# Inevitable Doom Loatheb begin to cast it after 2 mins in fight. Inflicts 2550 Shadow damage after 10 sec. 100 yards, every 30 secs. 5 mins after engaging, this will be every 15 secs.

# Fungal Bloom Critical-hit chance increased by 50%. Spell critical-hit chance increased by 60%. Spells and abilities cause no threat. Get from envionment, you can control who gets it. 90 secs duration, every time only 5 people can get it.

One healing spell per minute.

Have fun boys.

# Loatheb has around 5,330,000 HP

# Corrupted mind Loatheb places a 1 minute linked cooldown on all healing spells, including cleanse/dispell/depoison. This means you only get 1 healing spell to cast per 1 minute, including cleanse/dispell/depoison. Anything that heals, removes a debuff, or otherwise prevents dmg on others (PWS) pretty much is affected

# Poison Aura melee range. 196 Nature damage inflicted every 6 sec in 10 yards. 12 seconds duration.

# Inevitable Doom Loatheb begin to cast it after 2 mins in fight. Inflicts 2550 Shadow damage after 10 sec. 100 yards, every 30 secs. 5 mins after engaging, this will be every 15 secs.

# Fungal Bloom Critical-hit chance increased by 50%. Spell critical-hit chance increased by 60%. Spells and abilities cause no threat. Get from envionment, you can control who gets it. 90 secs duration, every time only 5 people can get it.

One healing spell per minute.

Have fun boys.

The real killer is the Inevitable Doom, fairly obviously from the name. You need a very precise routine of Greater Shadow Resistance potions and bandaging, as well as Healing Stream totems for the flimsy casters. A successful attempt means 3 SR potions per person - 1 Dreamfoil, 4 Grave Moss, 4 Fadeleaf and 2 vials for each potion. It's not so bad when you realise that 20 minutes farming/resetting Scarlet Monastery should be enough for most of those things for a 'proper' attempt...

In time, we'll get by without most of the buffs I listed above. The SR pots will *always* be necessary, however, and a Spirit Of Zanza makes a big difference.

The damage you can deal in the fight is pretty funny. I did *nothing* but spam scorch for 5 minutes (to keep up the rolling ignites) and I hit ~710DPS. The top damage dealer was a mage - he took most of the ignites and had in the region of 1200 DPS over 5 minutes.

Now I need to get my new pants enchanted. Which means Zul'Gurub... :(

I think we filmed the kill, so I can link it sometime if anyone's interested.

Rev - you told me to play a little game called GTA VC that I got free with my PS2. That paid off big time. I'm gonna go with you on this one and by this game. The trailer looks awesome. What game/games would you loosely compare it to though and will I struggle to "get into it"?

Posted a year ago, and for my first birthday I get:

Earthstrike!

Exalted with CC at last

:hooray:

:nod:

Awesome Video

Watch the above vid to see the "vanish bug" in practice, it actually made me laugh, especially when its replayed in slow mo with that horrible, horrible music.

Proves the point though

Meh. I dont see the problem.

Rogues don't simply vanish into thin air immediately. They fade out over a (small) period of time. That is, the stealth ability is immediate, but it's affects take about 1-2 seconds.

Now if somebody has the rogue targetted, they do not lose that target until the stealth has completed

So....

The autoattack didn't break his stealth - he wasn't stealthed at that point.

And the death coil wasn't cast after he had stealthed. It was already being cast by the warlock and he got the spell off before the rogue had completed his stealth. He just noticed the affects after he stealthed - but the spell was already travelling and will hit its target stealth or not.

Or, in other words, cry more Rogue - you tried to gank a warlock and got teh pwned!! :winkold:

Warning: the following post contains me whining about Shammy loot in MC!

**** MC, it's getting beyond a joke now. My last four runs in there, I think I've seen 2 Earthfury drops. 10 bosses, two drops each, that's 20 potential pieces of loot, on four runs, that's 80 drops. And we've had two!

Reroll lock I think!

Â