World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Was it Dan or Scoobs who collected the full tier 0 Priest set for their Rogue's town gear? It was definitely one of the Dashers, they used to relay all the hate they got from just dinged Priests when they were standing on the bank roof. :lol:

*edit*

It may have been Viskahn. He was one of the other Cheltenham Town fans Laura. :)

Looks like I'm going to flog my account. Or rather, ask somebody to reimburse me for my time spent playing whilst fully realising that the character is still the property of Blizzard.

Not coming back for Cataclysm then Riss?

Nope, my WoW days are over. The PS3 online suits my lifestyle a lot more. I can play online for a while, and not have to sit for two hours to do a dungeon or raid and worry about letting people down if I bog off early. I've got another set of exams to do this year, and WoW just doesn't fit in with studying and having a family.

Yep, go shadow. Remember to get a new wand as often as you can too. When you reach 80 I would suggest giving disc a try. It can be great fun at times.

By the way, Priests can be very dull and slow to level. Stick with it though if you find it remotely fun as they are very useful in endgame.

Have you considered trying out a Druid at all? They level much quicker than a Priest and are more fun in my opinion. Plus you have three different options once at endgame. Saying that, you can also level in two specs. Plus you have so many options with a tanking, dps (melee and ranged are available), or healer (hots are amazing). Worth a look maybe.

Most classes (if not all) have a gap of around 10 levels in which they are very dull to play anyway. Not sure if this is the case anymore but stick with what you enjoy. :D

Rolling a Priest as secondary, any advice?

(Please, laymans terms people. I might play WoW but I don't understand the 'speak')

Get your main to L80 first!

Rolling a Priest as secondary, any advice?

(Please, laymans terms people. I might play WoW but I don't understand the 'speak')

Get your main to L80 first!

I was waiting for that :D

71 now, whoop.

Thing is, we have 353,454,768 (approximately) Death Knights in our guild, everyone else is DPS. We have NO healer in our guild.

So I thought I'd make myself useful, as a Mage, I am just another in a long line of DPS. Figured if I rolled a healer I'd be useful and it would maximise my own playing time.

I think you can level as shadow or discipline these days. Patches have changed the game quite a lot since I played as a priest, but in very broad strokes the talent trees break down like this:

Discipline - Making somebody almost impossible to kill, whether that is the priest or somebody who is with the priest. It was the PvP tree of choice last time I checked. Not much downtime either.

Holy - A group healer. Keeping lots of people alive at the same time. Very good if you chose to level up in dungeons with others, but you are **** if you want to level solo.

Shadow - Kind of like a Warlock. Definitely the tree to deal damage in, but not like your Mage will. Its all about casting spells on people and watching them melt and rot away rather than blowing them up with giant missiles. It can be a lot of fun.

A combination of Shadow and Discipline is the usual way. I think if you have a lot of gold and heirloom gear then you can pimp out your priest and kick ass with Discipline, if you are going in without that luxury, then Shadow is the way to go. I seem to remember Spirit Tap being the most important talent to take early on. I also seem to recall I used my wand a hell of a lot. SW:P and Wand. Mind Flay when you get it. Oh, and for the geeky "face melting" thing, its a reference to Raiders of the Lost Ark. The blue beam of light that shoots from your fingers when you cast Mind Flay looks like the blue beam of light that melted the Nazi's faces in that movie.

Be prepared to be asked to join a lot of dungeons as a healer too. Be prepared to be piss people off if you say you dont want to heal. Be prepared to take the blame every time somebody dies. Oh, and btw, the trade off is that you will be the most important person in every group. :D

**edit**

It's worth mentioning that there are four healing classes in the game. Priest, Paladin, Shaman and Druid. Have you considered any of the others? With dual spec being in the game now, one of the hybrid classes might be worth considering. Druids have stealth remember!

Firstly, Nayson thanks, that's good info. Will have another read over later at home.

Yes I did consider another healing class, none of the others fell right. Just like my Mage for DPS, Priest feels kinda right, I don't want totems, I don't want to morph into other things.

You can't put a dress on a tree or a bear....

Secondly, Yes Si, Trim Senior got to 80 :(

I'd go for a shaman or druid if I were you Laura, then you have the ability to melee as well as heal. And they're more fun than a priest.

What Riss said.

Â