World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Its easier to click if you play caster, but there is still a huge advantage if you only use your mouse to move and keyboard to cast stuff. If you play melee, clicking is a huge disadvantage.

Its easier to click if you play caster, but there is still a huge advantage if you only use your mouse to move and keyboard to cast stuff. If you play melee, clicking is a huge disadvantage.

Depends. For all the time I was resto in raids, I used the keyboard for healing spells and macros etc. Then when I went enhancement, I actually found it easier using the mouse for some reason. Maybe it's class dependent, but I had a fairly strict rotation, so speed wasn't really much of an issue.

I found the rogue almost unplayable with clicking. If you wanted to run through somebody to stop them casting then turn to stab them in the back, you really need to move with the mouse and attack with keybinds.

Opposite for me. I always click when playing the War (always have done) and yet it's keybindings all the way on the Mage. I tend to use a mixture on the DK.

I got an off hand item last night actually :thumb:

In regards to Macros and stuff, I'm not sure. I do use the buttons associated as well as clicking, whichever feels most natural based on location (of my mouse / hand) at the time. I think I will try that Icy Veins one though, sounds like a plan.

I dinged 69 last night and I aim to try and make 70 tonight - it will mean rushing home from work and a quick tea - but I am rather excited, like I said before the milestone for me has always been 70 and I NEVER thought I'd get there.

I got an off hand item last night actually :thumb:

In regards to Macros and stuff, I'm not sure. I do use the buttons associated as well as clicking, whichever feels most natural based on location (of my mouse / hand) at the time. I think I will try that Icy Veins one though, sounds like a plan.

I really recommend the Water Elemental one. Just make it and put it where your current summon water elemental button is. Its excellent if you have it bound to your mouse (middle mouse button is good) because when you press it the first thing you will see is the targeting circle for the Elemental's ranged Frost Nova spell. As a Frost Mage, you do so much more damage on targets that are frozen with Frost Nova, Frostbite, Shattered Barrier or Deep Freeze. A macro to reduce the button presses to get people in ranged Frost Novas should encourage you to use it every single cooldown. Ice Barrier should be up at all times too. It's such a good spell, especially when its further improved with the Shattered Barrier talent.

Smartbuff is such a good addon too. Do you use any addons?

I would book a week off work like the rest of the geeks and go to GAME at midnight. 8)

That's for idiots. Pre-order it, get it a few days earlier and have it all installed and ready to go the moment they launch the new stuff.

I was able to get to Northrend before it was 'officially' opened.

Me too. I just bought a copy from Amazon and it turned up two days early. I had it installed and ready to go the day before WotLK went live.

I'm pretty sure I was the first person on the server to create a Death Knight too, the Death Knight starting area was open several hours before the official launch time. It was open an hour or so before Northrend too.

The last game I went to a midnight launch for was Halo 2.

I remember some 30-something year old nerd enthusiastically telling my utterly uninterested step-dad about the amazing Bungie website where you could see where people had killed you in an online game!

Sorry I underestimated the level of geek-ness... lol

I have never been to a midnight launch and regard people who go to them as a bit silly. Therefore I am not a geek. And that's water-****-tight.

Â