World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Well, I'm back on Tarren Mill for the xmas period - just to say hello to old faces.

And my hasn't it changed - you can now roll alliance on the same server, so if you see Tikkamasala, l18 human lock, do say hello for a free inscription....

Only for a month, as I got a few holiday days off, and its invariably going to be raining.

At this rate you will be level 80 by the year 2037!

They're upping it to 85 next year aren't they?

AVFCLaura, why is it taking you so long? I remember getting from 1-70 in about a week.

Haven't they made 1-60 really, really quick now?

Yes, the whole game is much easier now. I re-subbed a couple of months ago for a few weeks and although it's still fun, it's a pale shadow of the game it was when I first played.

Of course, having said all that I'll probably still check out the next expansion. :nod:

At this rate you will be level 80 by the year 2037!

They're upping it to 85 next year aren't they?

AVFCLaura, why is it taking you so long? I remember getting from 1-70 in about a week.

Yeah, they chopped the XP you need by like half and you can get mounts at level 20. It's ridiculous.

Yeah, they chopped the XP you need by like half and you can get mounts at level 20. It's ridiculous.

I can see the point of that tbh. Experienced players levelling up alts don't want to be spending weeks on 4 year old content really.

My biggest gripe was that they made the game so homogenous. The dual spec, and the fact that all the classes ended up so similar meant the game lost that spark. Now it's not so much "rock, paper, scissors" as "rock, rock, rock".

It does make sense, it just irks me when you consider what we had to go through back in 'the olde days'. Why don't they just let you start a character at 80 and be done with it? That's what they're heading for anyway.

It started going downhill when they decided to let both factions use shamans and paladins. Classes were starting to get the same abilities, anything that was unique was considered unbalanced. That seems to be Blizzard's answer to any balancing issues - just throw it out there and let everyone be able to do it.

Vanilla was best, no doubt about it. *sigh*

I doubt you did it in a week ;) but it has taken me a while, I'm on about 13 days /played, level 55 and I ordered the game from play.com in May 07. I have had long spells away from the game but it has still taken me a while.

I doubt you did it in a week ;) but it has taken me a while, I'm on about 13 days /played,

Noob! I clocked up 13 days played in the first 48 hours! ;)

Yes Nays, that is me. Am I doing something wrong...? :oops:

I took the game round to Trim's dads because I knew he'd love it, he's been on 2 weeks - level 37... I despair, I really do... (He's retired and has the time, that's my excuse!)

Nah. Go Frost at 60 though. Its awesome against melee, and all the mobs in outland are melee. When you get Ice Lance at 66 you will have great fun.

I doubt you did it in a week ;) but it has taken me a while, I'm on about 13 days /played, level 55 and I ordered the game from play.com in May 07. I have had long spells away from the game but it has still taken me a while.

It's not that hard when you consider that it's possible to get to 70 in less than 2 days. A week is plenty of time.

55 at 13 days played is shocking, what exactly do you do?

It's not that hard when you consider that it's possible to get to 70 in less than 2 days. A week is plenty of time.

Other things apart from playing World of Warcraft presumably.

That's not really the point of Phum's post is it though. The fact is that 13 days played should be plenty to get way past L55, no matter how long the play time is spread over. It's over 300 hours of play time, whether you pack that into a month like us sad bastards used to, or over two years makes no difference (other than XP requirements changing of course).

I think it took me over 30 days to do 1-60 on my first character. Of course you needed a ton more XP back then, there were nowhere near as many flightpaths (some zones had no flightpaths at all!) there were no add ons to help with questing, and there were huge portions of the game where you would hit a brick wall because you would have no quests for your level (Hinterlands anybody?)

That said, I didnt care how long it took me. We had entire evenings where we would get no XP at all because we were busy having world PvP. The journey to 60 was as much fun as endgame.

I think I flew from 60-70 and 70-80 though.

That's not really the point of Phum's post is it though. The fact is that 13 days played should be plenty to get way past L55, no matter how long the play time is spread over. It's over 300 hours of play time, whether you pack that into a month like us sad bastards used to, or over two years makes no difference (other than XP requirements changing of course).

I was being facetious.

Â