World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I still think Nayson drowning Evildan was the best moment in the game ever though (sorry Dan).

I think the night me, Dan and Tarj attacked an ally flight master was funnier. I guess we were all L20ish, and had only been playing for a few weeks.

edit - that time you were showing me around, and you suggested we jump off that big cliff in The Barrens into the river was funny too. We missed the water.

So this guy, I guess relatively high level, many skill unlocks and well equipped, went to the starter zone full of low level people and killed them.....

I bet he felt really tough. What a great player

Sorry, I think thats just about the gayest thing I've seen today

So this guy, I guess relatively high level, many skill unlocks and well equipped, went to the starter zone full of low level people and killed them.....

To be fair to him, I'm pretty sure he knew how much of a dick he was being!

Its no worse than what I used to do. Go to a place I knew would be packed with level 30-40's (when I was 70) and camp people till they logged off or till I got killed. Its not about feeling good about yourself, I had Arena and BG's for that, it was more of teh challenge of not letting them get away, and see how many people I could camp at once and knowing that members of teh oposite faction would be raging. You always knew you had done good when they either A) logged on a toon from your own faction on the realm and started whispering abuses at you, or B) made a thread about it on teh realm forums.

It also often started up some proper world PvP, when higher level members of the oposite faction came along to aid the lowbies.

You havent played much of WoW at all, have you?

Firstly, its Dan (ED). He probably has a thousand posts in this thread, but is currently travelling the world. He is at the level cap (60 at the time of recording) and was in pretty much the best gear available on the server at the time.

He was at the Night Elf starting area. Its impossible to attack players in this area unless they attack you first. Every area in World of Warcraft which is designed for questing below level 20-25 has a safety net for players on PvP servers. If an Alliance goes into a Horde low level area, then the Alliance cannot attack any Horde player unless the Horde player attacks him first. This can be pretty dangerous, as the rule applies whether the Horde player is a level 1 in starting gear, or level capped in the finest gear on the game. You dont want a Level 80 Mage opening on you with a Pyroblast for example.

So the joke was getting low level players to flag themselves. Its pretty difficult, because a lot of level 1 (probably the vast majority) are alternate characters of experienced players who know the game and the meta games that take place within it.

:crylaugh:

The thing is, those level 1s are probably people who do it to others on their alts.

Remember when there was a craze for making level one twinks?

There were a couple of good videos of people twinking up their level one character, then having a Warlock summon it to another factions starting area for some PvP action. You could make a level 1 who had a 100% chance to dodge attacks until they patched it out of the game.

WoWWiki article.

So the joke was getting low level players to flag themselves. Its pretty difficult, because a lot of level 1 (probably the vast majority) are alternate characters of experienced players who know the game and the meta games that take place within it.

Fair enough then :-)

I think among the VT WoW fraternity, we pretty well had the ethos to be as big a pain in the arse as possible when it came to ganking. No level was too low, no trick too underhand.

I think among the VT WoW fraternity, we pretty well had the ethos to be as big a pain in the arse as possible when it came to ganking. No level was too low, no trick too underhand.

This.

Reason One: The Alliance did it to us all as we were levelling up, and this meant by the time you were level 40ish (or even under) you wanted to do the same to their lowbies.

Reason Two: It kept the circle of hatred turning! :mrgreen:

My old guild "We PvP for Food" had about 10 or so threads on our forums at one point complaining about members ganking and how bad we were ins PuG becuase it was a guild rule to ninja all Hunter loot regardless of what class you were. Good times!

Make it happen then, get a load of us starting from level 1 :)

I'd love that tbh :D

I'll join in if you do this. I never played on the same server as you all.

if you guys do this and are happy enough to have a WoW nub rolling along moaning about everything then let me know. might be fun from a social PoV

I doubt the rest of the WoW clan will be arsed, the game has kind of ran it's cause, but if they did it would be good.

This.

I've had my fill of WoW a few times over and it's time to move onto pastures new.

It's no longer the game I used to enjoy. Sure, it's fun to reminisce about the old days but it's futile to try and recreate them.

Kinda true.

But its worth a blast as level 10's or something. Just for the social tbh. And thats what the game is about.

My WoW days are waning rapidly tbh. But everything I've see since can't hold a candle to it.

Too slow,too clunky,not finished, and so on...EVE is fun, am enjoying it immensely.

Â