World of Warcraft

The_Rev

• 2 weeks later...

How much can you sell a level 80 character for?

I'm getting so pissed off with this game at the moment, everything about it is **** stupid. Why you have to wait a whole week to re-do a raid I will never know. Nothing ever drops for me, when it does, there's so many DPS'ers that I have to roll against 4 others at least. Finding it impossible to get any decent gear as no-one will let me into raids, and to top it off the Oculus staff just dropped but I didn't get to roll for it?

I agree, one 10 or 25 man raid a week is rubbish, especially as VoA, Malygos and OS only take half an hour each. Add to that the fact all the heroics are piss easy, and there isn't much of a challenge at the moment. Even Naxx isn't remotely as hard as Kara was. they've equalised the classes too much, brought in Deathknights that have taken over the game, and taken away any sort of difficulty. Take the Obsidian Sanctum. It's similar to Onyxia, Gruul's or Magtheridon in that it's a short instance where you kill a few trash before starting on the main boss. Then you have the "difficult tactics" you have to master. In Onyxia it was dealing with the whelps and avoiding the deep breaths, in Gruul it was maintaining DPS while avoiding the shatter. Obsidian Sanctum? Looking for a gap in some very slow moving wall of flames. Don't quite make it? Doesn't matter. I fear the sense of achievement from completing the likes of BWL or even SSC is lost forever.

Raiding isnt in the same league as it was. Even heroics and normal dungeons dont compare, I pugged a heroic which I and the other members had never been in before and we didnt wipe once- would never have happened in tbc.

I have high hopes for Ulduar though- its still the same developers that made those dungeons so Im sure theyll fix it ( though the widespread class changes for 3.1 worry me that they are really struggling to find balance atm).

At the very least Id like to see cc come back in- its a rare thing to see a sheep these days!

At the very least Id like to see cc come back in- its a rare thing to see a sheep these days!

It's because you just don't need to. Now I've got CC, other than sheeping the odd ally I come across, I never use it in instances. In TBC, you really couldn't do places like heroic mech unless you had at least one CC class. Now even tanks with mediocre gear can tank whole packs at once.

I just can't see why after TBC they made everything so easy.

I just can't see why after TBC they made everything so easy.

Mass consumption matey.

For every 1 in 10 'leet' player that they (Blizz) lose over the new content being less of a challenge, they will gain more 'casual' players by the bucketload because there is far less work involved getting epics etc.

Thats how I see it anyway.

For me, I think you know I've always been more about the PvP than the PvE so I still see the challenge in the BG's as it's a damn sight harder to nerf real people than NPC's. But for those who prefer the raids and dungeons I do feel for you, there are so many forums stating the same problems regarding lack of challenge.

Any of you on here doing the Arena tournament? Starts tomorrow I believe. It will be my first one, and was just wondering if it is a waste of money? Seems fun in that you can try out different classes in full pvp gear.

• 2 weeks later...

I think my Warcraft days may well be over come the end of the Arena tournament. I have just lost all interest in the game for some reason. It has started to seem like more of a chore than fun. It's a shame, but I have had my fun with it. I'm sure I'll still play it a little at some point. Is anyone else feeling the same way? Just seems like there isn't much to do anymore and it is all a bit easy.

^^^Happens from time to time. I once took a year off and still came back. As soon as it starts to feel like a chore I just quit for a bit.

I've said before I won't come back but I always seem to.

I still enjoy it, but nothing like as much as I did when we were all levelling up together. That was such great fun. After that, we had about 6 of us from Villatalk in the same guild, and getting to complete BWL together was pretty smart too. Now, it's something to do when there's nowt on telly.

Â