World of Warcraft

The_Rev

My personal view is that we should be able to tank the 5 and 10 mans. The big raids should be warriors, but blizzard has to be careful that they dont just become warrior, mage, priest love fests.

Whats interesting in this thread is the comparison between my guild and yours- we are much smaller (100- about 10 60+, 30 50-60) and non raid. The groups for 5 mans are who we can get together, and so our tactics change around the group. I specced prot because we dont have a mt warrior (we have a 62 and a few 50s), my brother is a druid and he acts as the healer. Our normal grp is two pallys a druid, a lock and a mage. In many ways its probably a bit harder but the guild is a good laugh and not too serious so I enjoy those runs more than others.

I've had invites to raid guilds from pugs Ive run with, but I feel sometimes these guilds just lack the fun factor and get too serious. It's what you want to take out the game I guess. Another thing is I hate pvp- Im just not interested in that aspect apart from a few guild raids now and again. My feeling is there are other games that are much better for that sort of thing- for me its all about pve.

Sorry about ditching you guys, I'd love to say my comp crashed, but it didn't. I switched it off :P I thought it was best to go before I did/said something I regretted. I'm used to being screwed over in pugs, but in a guild run I'd expect a bit of compassion when the weapon I've been farming for for 2 weeks finally dropped. I mean, I'm fist specced and currently MH a green quest reward. Drekthul is prot specced, and can't tank with a fist, that weapon in probably in his bank should he ever go back fury.

As I say I'm used to being screwed in PUGs, but I'm desperately trying to gear up here and it seems I can't, as other people are getting the loot I need, and in most cases aren't even using it. So I'll carry on with my green weapon, and continue farming, just that I won't be whispering Drekthul to tank anymore, he shafted me, royally.

Dont get the point though. Drek says and does a lot which i dont agree with, but ditching us over gear is lame. Drek said he had been after the fist weapon a long time too, and surely both tanks and healers can need on pieces for their dps specs?

My personal view is that we should be able to tank the 5 and 10 mans. The big raids should be warriors, but blizzard has to be careful that they dont just become warrior, mage, priest love fests.

Agreed here. 100% agreed too.

What makes me smile is the attitude of Rogues (and i hope Dan agrees here) at the moment who are now convinced they are useless. For about two years there was a "golden" five man team. Four of the five spots were set in stone, Warrior, Mage, Rogue, Priest and then a random 5th member (usually one who can heal) . Good DPS, rock solid crowd control and no real loot arguments. It was an understandable evolution i guess.

The amount of pugs i tried to get into from 1-60 who just werent interested because they wanted a Mage was very frustrating. Im sure Shamen, Paladins, Druids and Hunters had similar experiences. Hunters probably still do, the ninja looting, multi shot and feign death spamming bastards that they are. :winkold:

Now the other five classes arent just there to make the numbers up i guess it can be threatening to people who play mostly in pugs that their guaranteed spot isnt so guaranteed anymore. Its not anything other than a levelling of the playing field though.

However when raids are the main focus again and all classes are present then i guess this is where i think Warriors should excel as tanks or they are redundant. I dont think Blizz will ever make encounters impossible or virtually impossible without the presence of a certain class (Razorgore without Hunters anyone? Moam without Warlocks cant be much fun either) but i think that the "pure" classes should be stronger than hybrids in the area they specialize in.

Whats interesting in this thread is the comparison between my guild and yours- we are much smaller (100- about 10 60+, 30 50-60) and non raid. The groups for 5 mans are who we can get together, and so our tactics change around the group. I specced prot because we dont have a mt warrior (we have a 62 and a few 50s), my brother is a druid and he acts as the healer. Our normal grp is two pallys a druid, a lock and a mage. In many ways its probably a bit harder but the guild is a good laugh and not too serious so I enjoy those runs more than others.

I've had invites to raid guilds from pugs Ive run with, but I feel sometimes these guilds just lack the fun factor and get too serious. It's what you want to take out the game I guess. Another thing is I hate pvp- Im just not interested in that aspect apart from a few guild raids now and again. My feeling is there are other games that are much better for that sort of thing- for me its all about pve.

Our guild is endgame without being hardcore. It was level 60 only when 60 was the maximum cap. Its level 70 only now. We have a large "casual" contingent. We have a small core of people who love to PvP who i think have now been christened the Wowrush Bashers. (i drift in and out of that, but we do have someone in the guild who made Warlord rank under the old system when it took a lot of effort) and we have the raiders. The core raiders will always be there but the pool of casual players on the whole can fill in the blanks that the raiders leave. On the whole its a good system despite the whines that you will sometimes hear us come out with on this forum but the guild has survived several crisis situations which have killed lots of other raiding guilds on the server.

I think any guild is capable of being endgame. You will need a couple of good raid leaders and a bit of effort from the raiders getting other people to turn up prepared with the pots and buffs (etc) but if a rabble like us could beat something as challenging as Blackwing Lair, there is hope for everybody.

I dont think warriors are the best tanks at 70 either. Just look up DnT or any other hardcore guild. They have done karazahn and most other bosses so far with Druid tanks.

Some other options for caster meta gems Tarj:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Mystical_Skyfire_Diamond <2% on spellcast - next spell instant cast. Requires more Blue gems than Yellow gems. Instant cast greater heals. Instant cast soul fires!

http://www.wowwiki.com/Bracing_Earthstorm_Diamond < +26 Healing Spells & 2% Reduced Threat Requires more Yellow gems than Blue gems Requires more Red gems than Blue gems

http://www.wowwiki.com/Destructive_Skyfire_Diamond < Gems +14 Spell Crit Rating and 1% Spell Reflect Doesnt appear to have any restrictions.

(source)

However when raids are the main focus again and all classes are present then i guess this is where i think Warriors should excel as tanks or they are redundant. I dont think Blizz will ever make encounters impossible or virtually impossible without the presence of a certain class (Razorgore without Hunters anyone? Moam without Warlocks cant be much fun either) but i think that the "pure" classes should be stronger than hybrids in the area they specialize in.

That is the way it should be. Warriors should always be the best tanks, Rogues the best melee DPS, mages (warlocks?) the best caster DPS and Priests the best healers.

But - at the moment at least - druids can tank as well if not better than a warrior, heal as good as a priest and dps as good as a rogue. This is wrong.

I dont want them hit with the nerf bat...

... I want to see buffs to Warriors (especially), rogues and priests. Well... perhaps not rogues :winkold:

I don't understand meta gems, explain please!

They are hideously expensive gems that are slightly better than regular ones and only fit in certain sockets of certain items (usually headpieces of class sets)

Usually you cant equip them unless you have got some kind of combination of other gems on your gear already. You see something like "needs 3 red gems" so you need to think about what you are kitting your gear with if you have your eye on a meta for future use.

Im guessing that we are only seeing the shit end of the meta gem range at the moment.

There will probably be epic ones which are so good they will virtually make an old item twice as good as it once was. For now, im not sure a lot of them are worth the effort.

I think these blue sets we have at the moment are just to get people used to the concept.

That is the way it should be. Warriors should always be the best tanks, Rogues the best melee DPS, mages (warlocks?) the best caster DPS and Priests the best healers.

But - at the moment at least - druids can tank as well if not better than a warrior, heal as good as a priest and dps as good as a rogue. This is wrong.

I dont want them hit with the nerf bat...

... I want to see buffs to Warriors (especially), rogues and priests. Well... perhaps not rogues :winkold:

I'm sure we'll have our PvE DPS buffed, we are fine for pvp atm, cloak of shadows has seen to that.

Anyway, Karazhan. Very fun instance. we got a boss down tonight:

karazwp2.th.jpg

interactiveftwhc5.jpg

Thats literally 88% of all the damage you have dealt from pressing one button.

The skill required must be mind boggling!

Speaking of doing fuckloads of damage simply by pressing one button:

aoeeevc5.th.jpg

in your face, mages!

Ah, and while you are Disc we can resurrect the best macro ever Sam.

Go to macros.

Select "new"

Give it a name, like PI or something

Select the question mark icon

Press Okay

/cast power infusion

/y Get them %t, you're power infused!

Drag onto the action bars! :mrgreen:

Not much to do with WoW, but I'm pleased to buggery anyway. Managed to pass the three accountancy exams I took before Christmas, which included a stonking 76% in Business Taxation! Nerf!

Â