World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I'll make a mental note not to let him into INM when you kick him.....

Do any of you know much about the Guild "Danger Inc" ? They've approached us about a merge, and I'm not keen myself, but I wondered if you'd come across any of their players much in game?

Avoid his guildless noob warrior brother too called Sileeh. He's just as big a prick.

Seems to run in the family.

What Trl said.

Merging is bad. It always **** everything up. If its for endgame progress, the best thing you can do is create a channel like our /vt for highend pickups that would be exclusive to the people in the group of guilds in on it. . Three or four "small" Alliance guilds on our server managed to clear BWL with that strategy. You keep your guild identity, everyone stays friendly with their mates and you get some kind of endgame experience out of it too.

And Juju, take the Tree. Its cool!

I've voted against the merger. Frankly we're getting bigger and stronger every day, and crossing that bridge from noob levelling guild to "a bunch of 60's playing together".... I think we have some sort if identity now with a ts server and a decent website and forum, and we got reasonable applicants to join on the site daily now..... Its either at the point it all goes sour or we become a reasonable, casual raiding guild very soon. Its great to be in at close on the birth of the guild and see it grow to the point you keep bumping into members allround azeroth. Its just a shame I'm months behind you guys...

But hey, got my "Deep Woodlands cloak" last night, and unlike Vilajuju, Samosa is now wearing mostly blue items, playing more with others, and frankly enjoying the game more than I ever did on Deathwing...

Zul gurub here we come...

Anbd Nays, I know you ditched dashers for your own good reasons, but if you want to be a senior guiding warlock for a few weeks till TBC comes out of you know what your plans are, let me know.... :-)

Well, im the recruitment/promotions officer until they realise my incompetence. It's silly not to ask. You do have a rep on the server after all...

Well, i was out of the Dashers for about 48 hours.

I got so many PMs from people and whispers in game from people i couldnt really stay away.

If you do want a bit of firepower and experience for anything though, im sure all of us are willing to help. We got given that freedom from the Dashers for the time being.

What a pain in the arse day. Got in after hours, now trying to get on to hopelessly overloaded sites for up to date addons.

General chat in Orgri is worse than Barrens chat 12 months ago.

"Is up yet?"

Go and have a look fucktard!

Well, hopefully the few i decided to download yesterday to be ready for today should see me fine.

If i can get Bongos up and running with the excellent X-Perl which already is, that will do me for now.

Half the updated addons have stopped allowing you to set up multiple keybindings for actiosn for some reason. I have my WotF mapped to my mouse and numberpad but it looks like I can't do this anymore using Bongos. Same with Trinketmenu.

Patch day. Woohoo. Most mods dont work and the game is very unstable: Dc's, server resets, stuck in bg - all the fun of a new patch.

I did get some BG done though after respeccing to dual wield. My impression? Shamans are useless.

2 shotted by hunters (aimed shot, trap in combat, arcane shot).

2 shotted by mages (sheep, fireball)

2 shotted by warlocks (fear, then some funky "f-you you're dead" spell)

Rogues pwn me. Had one at 20% health and I was at 50% - then dead. o.O

Pallies are still easy :winkold:

Windfury has been nerfed again. Dual wielding is fun but without a shield and reduced cast time you are just PVP cannon fodder. I'd recommend an elemental or resto spec.

Should join the shaman forums and QQ more. :winkold:

Quite right Oz, dual wield sounds a lot of fun, but in reality it's useless. All caster one hands have been changed to one hand only, so I'd have to start raiding to get melee one hands, with all the moaning from melee types that that would entail!

Windfury and Rockbiter have been nerfed again, so I've just tinkered with my usual PvP build, which is something like 22/8/21.

It's a shame that the full resto tree now would be great for PvE, but now most people have stopped raiding it'll have to wait until L70!

Anyway while I wait for the BG's to reset so I can get past the WSG loading screen, I'm trying to update my mods. Got a few working, but it's a right pain in the arse.

http://media.putfile.com/Patch-201-affliction-drain-tanking-

And my UI as of logging out. Bongos, Xperl, Scrolling Combat Text. Some Warlock DoT timer.

Very impressed with Xperl. They even put an enemy cast bar in my target. It just sits in the space where his name is. And the damage done to him comes on his face (fnar!) too. You can turn them on or off. I noticed there is also a "focus" option in there, which is very good. We will all be hearing more about that over the next few days.

Seriously, try x perl if you havent already used it int he old parch.

Quite right Oz, dual wield sounds a lot of fun, but in reality it's useless. All caster one hands have been changed to one hand only, so I'd have to start raiding to get melee one hands, with all the moaning from melee types that that would entail!

Windfury and Rockbiter have been nerfed again, so I've just tinkered with my usual PvP build, which is something like 22/8/21.

Ah, a true hybrid build which will keep you in good stead for some time.

In truth, dual wield/enhancement is only useless in PVP. For grinding, instancing and even raiding it's viable.

And yes, Windfury/Rockbiter are nerfed unless you get the talents in the enhancement tree. Then they are buffed a little over the previous version and will scale damage better with the higher BC DPS weapons.

Had a chance to pvp, and boy is it fun, cloak of shadows works exactly as I'd hoped, and cheat death is pretty imba too. A paladin had me at about 2%, he swung his mace, and I "absorbed" it, then he got killed by a couple of passers by. Got most of my addons back too, still missing a few, but the sights are very flakey at the moment.

http://media.putfile.com/Patch-201-affliction-drain-tanking-

And my UI as of logging out. Bongos, Xperl, Scrolling Combat Text. Some Warlock DoT timer.

Very impressed with Xperl. They even put an enemy cast bar in my target. It just sits in the space where his name is. And the damage done to him comes on his face (fnar!) too. You can turn them on or off. I noticed there is also a "focus" option in there, which is very good. We will all be hearing more about that over the next few days.

Seriously, try x perl if you havent already used it int he old parch.

The new focus stuff Blizz have come up with is indeed very very powerful. The ability to track a target forever, knowing when it comes in to range/unstealths or the CC wears off on it etc whilst targeting and fighting something else is excellent.

I've also been getting stuck into the new macro functionality and its fanfuckingtastic. I've already replicated Servitude and Autobuff functionality with it.

I'll post em up if you want them Nayson (they're Warlock specific)

Of course ill take em. Stick em up on the Lock page of Wowrush.com if you dont mind.

The one im thinking of trying to get now would be a Dark Pact/Lifetap one. Something like "Cast Dark Pact unless pet is below 25% mana, then cast Lifetap instead"

Â