World of Warcraft

The_Rev

No, at a guess I'd say it's the bloke who robbed Gramme's guild! 8)

Anyway, great night last night, really enjoyed it. Can you two CL's have a word and make sure that people who were there last night get priority tomorrow, because as Limpid said, I think we'll have loads signing up sensing their first neffy kill.

Done mate.

I know ill probably have six, maybe seven Locks at Kargath tomorrow, and only have space for five. Its always shit being the person who has to do that, especially knowing that its a real person you are leaving disapointed. I had it happen to me when i was in Precious and it used to piss me off.

I can see why you feel your spot is threatened Limpid, its shit when you havent done anything wrong. Still, if they have the same damage meters as i did after each Nefarian attempt i think they will find a certain troll mage who always dies was at the top most of the time! ;)

I can see why you feel your spot is threatened Limpid, its shit when you havent done anything wrong.

Anybody who was there for the full run Sunday should have a guaranteed spot for tomorrow. Can't see that it's a hard decision to make personally.

I genuinely think we can take him down soon. I think we hit that point where the raid are happy with their roles in the fight, and therefore perform better.

This time next week with a bit of luck? Id like to think so.

'talon'

The mages all brought Limited Invulnarability potions for phase three (all girly swots). Hopefully it'll just be a temporary slow down in DPS. Mind you how much mana will be left after that is a different problem. At the end of the second 50% try, I still had a mana crystal and hadn't used a pot - so hopefully all will be okay.

'talon'

The mages all brought Limited Invulnarability potions for phase three (all girly swots). Hopefully it'll just be a temporary slow down in DPS. Mind you how much mana will be left after that is a different problem. At the end of the second 50% try, I still had a mana crystal and hadn't used a pot - so hopefully all will be okay.

With the timings in ED's movie (@ 54% after 5 minutes of phase 2), you should be able to use Evocation twice if you need it - once after phase 1 and once after you've nailed the zerg.

The zerg in itself is easy - the risen mobs only have about 6-7k health. So as long as you have a warrior near each door with a couple of healers and Challenging Shout ready to pull the mobs into a pile, you can't really fail. Frost nova to proc Shatter, wave your CoC at them and you're sorted. We still use the Limited Invulnerability Potions after 30 kills - they make it completely stress free.

The most important thing about going into the zerg is picking your moment. We tend to stop ALL DPS at 22% and assume our positions behind his tail, between the pillars. We take him to 21% kinda slowly to allow mana regen and wait for a favourable class call. Hunters/rogue/druid are the best ones to go on - take down the last 1% to 20% quickly, wait for the zerg to rise and get gathered, pop your pot and trash the bad guys. Should only take about 5-10 seconds. Stray mobs can more or less be soloed - they don't particularly hit hard.

Then the last 20% is an absolute breeze - like phase 2 only fun since you KNOW you got him! Killing Nef has been one of the biggest rushes in WoW so far for me. The Naxx bosses we've done so far are typically harder but don't seem quite so special since they're only 'minions' on the path to Kel'Thuzad.

Speaking of Naxxramas, we're back in full effect now. We trashed Loatheb for the third time last night, bringing him down in 4 minutes 40 seconds, touching over 20k raid DPS for part of the fight. We then trundled off to Gluth and took him down for the first time to give us a Horde first and server second on Draenor. 10 bosses down... :twisted:

We also recruited a tank, 2 priests (TFFT!) and a mage from another server last night - all in full tier 2 or equivalent. So we'll really be stepping things up now.

Â