World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I haven't met that many total cocks tbh, just the last three tanks, Zabusak, Bellend and that joker in DM the other day? What happens if you put someone on "ignore"?

If you're on their friends list, does it still let them see you're on but they can't message you, or does it not let them see you're on at all? This noob I helped a while ago is constantly asking me for cash and it's doing my head in!

If you put someone on ignore, and they try to message you, it just says to them:

"Rissok is ignoring you"

You also wont be able see any text, or emotes from a person who you are ignoring. You can still see them running around though.

I picked up a q in Desolace last night to get hold of an Advanced Targeting Dummy. Any ideas where I might find one ?

AH, or if you know any engineers, ask them to make you one. The fascinating Gelkis series of q's I take it.... Kill some Gelkis. Kill some more. Kill some more. Kill some more. Kill some more. Repeat until bored!

I picked up a q in Desolace last night to get hold of an Advanced Targeting Dummy. Any ideas where I might find one ?

AH, or if you know any engineers, ask them to make you one. The fascinating Gelkis series of q's I take it.... Kill some Gelkis. Kill some more. Kill some more. Kill some more. Kill some more. Repeat until bored!

Thats the bugger. Is it worth doing this Q or is it going to cost me more to complete than I'd get back?

I don't think they were cheap tbh. Depends if you want to carry on with the Gelkis q's or not. You don't really get anything much from them apart from more Gelkis killing q's. If you're in Desolace anyway though, you may as well do it, as they usually drop a fair few coins and bits of cloth, and they're not hard to kill, and spawn quite quickly. Bored me though. The last bit of the q is killing three elites near the entrance to Maraudon, so unless you've got a group you can use you'll be stuffed anyway.

Hehe, that was the funniest thing ever!

Dan: "You picked the scale up, I saw you"

Nayson: "You picked the scale up, I saw you"

Me: "You picked the scale up, I saw you"

Limpid: "I didn't pick the mail up"

Everybody: "Not the mail, the scale"

Limpid: "or the bloody carrot, bollocks!"

Everybody: (growing tired now) "You exchange the scale for the carrot"

Limpid: Guess what, I've only gone and not got the carrot in ZF, can we do it again lads?!"

Repeat to fade.....

Ive been thinking of writing one of these for a while. Just so you know what the Warlock is all about. We can be a very misunderstood class. A Damage class that cant do as much damage as a mage, cant make food or water, or cant sheep things.

But im sure Dan has realised over the last week or so just excatly how cool and powerful a (well played) Warlock can be.

Then i found this:

hello guys this is my Warlock thread, please let me know what you think and if you find it helpful also I will not be continously bumping it and asking for it to be stickied like some other people in this forum :)

With recent changes the Warlock class has become one of the most popular re-rolls due to its dubious title of the unofficial whipping boy of Azeroth being shattered due mainly in part to the introduction of the new Death Coil. Many of the old blow-hard players of this fine class will scoff upon the new arrivals, claiming it wasn't always this easy to kick ass in PvP, but those of us who truly understand the class know that Warlocks have always been very powerful when played properly. Warlocks are excellent at PvP, capable of taking on 1v2s against evenly matched opponents thanks to Fear/Seduce disabling one for significant periods of time, and one of the best individual PvE classes in the history of MMORGs thanks to astonishing regenerative abilities and the wonders of constantly fearing things while they take damage and die.

Why should you roll a Warlock?

-Coolest mounts in the game, and they cost less too.

-Most flexible class talent wise in the end-game.

-Rarest non-faction specific class if that sort of thing means something to you this also means more Warlock loot).

-Arguably the best 1v1 class in the game with a Succubus or Felhunter out (only real competitior in this field are Shamans).

-deathcoildeathcoildeathcoil

Class Mechanics

Pets - While Warlocks are a pet class, we are not completely dependent on them. Without talents pets take 10 seconds and a significant amount of mana to summon, so for most it is not viable to switch on the fly. The type of pet used should be based on your build. Keep in mind that pets are unsummoned should you call down an Infernal.

Unique Mounts - Warlocks receive both a unique level forty and epic mount. The level forty mount is completely free, and it is possible to get the epic mount at a cost of only around 400 gold. Even if you do not have another Warlock who already has the materials help you (this will be explained later), you still get an epic mount for 100-200 gold cheaper than normal.

Fear - This spell causes a person to run around without control of their character. It has a much higher chance to break if damage is being dealt to the player, and can also be broken by certain traits and skills along with trinkets. Should none of the above apply, it has the ability to incapitate players for up to 20 seconds (up to; fear can and will break early). Diminishing returns work as follows:

1st Fear: 20 second max

2nd Fear: 10 second max

3rd Fear: 5 second max

4th Fear: Immune

Seduce - Seduce is a spell channeled by the Succubus which mesmerizes a target and prevents them from action for 15 seconds max. Shares diminishing returns with Fear, and is suspectible to all of its weaknesses aside from being breakable by Warrior abilities (which it is not).

1st Seduce: 15 second max (19.5 seconds talented)

2nd Seduce: 7.5 second max (9.75 seconds talented)

3rd Seduce: 3.5 second max (4.875 seconds talented)

4th Seduce: Immune

Fear And Seduce as spell interrupts/stuns

It is important to realize that fear and seduce can both be invaluable tools for interrupting casters (especially healers), as well as stopping melee classes in their tracks for a second or two with DoTs ticking on them. Even if you currently have a target feared/seduced and it has not broken yet, should the oppurtunity to fear and interrupt spell casting or impeding a sprinting Rogue or charging Warrior's progress towards your alleies present itself, you should take it. People being constantly feared and seduced also has a very noticable disorienting effect on the enemy. Remember that diminishing returns are not based on the amount of times you cast fear or seduce, but the amount of times that the target has had either of them applied within the last twenty seconds.

Soul Shards - Soul Shards are used for three of your four pets, summoning, healthstones and soulstones, and two damage spells (Shadowburn and Soul Fire). Soul Shards are obtained by casting Drain Soul on a target which is near death. Doing so puts a “Drain Soul†buff on yourself, which will give you a Soul Shard when the pet dies. The buff will disappear should you break the channeling. 40% or more of your bag space should be devoted to Soul Shards. Shard Bags are available at later levels; these are simply bags with amplified space which can only hold shards. Only two of them are feasibly obtainable for any but the most well-off Warlocks, however.

Healthstones/Soulstones: Healthstones are healing consumables which do not share cooldown timers with potions. Soulstones allow the Warlock or another player to reincarnate once every thirty minutes. Applying this on a raid allows a ressurecter to begin their work without the entire party having to make the trek back to the instance.

Summoning - Warlocks are able to summon other players to their location with the aid of two others. There is no limitation based on distance, though you may not summon players into or out of an instance that is not a main continent. Warlocks are invaluable for killing world spawn bosses such as Azuregos and Kazzak.

Death Coil - Though not obtained until your later levels, Death Coil is an extremely potent spell which can and will turn the tide in many PvP conflicts. Please do not use it as an opening move when you are at full health against anyone but a mage because that is just silly. 2 minute cooldown.

Curses - There are six curses which are used regularly in both PvE and PvP; Curse Of Agony, Curse Of Doom, Curse Of Elements, Curse Of Recklessness,Curse Of Shadows, and Curse Of Tongues. Curse Of Agony is a DoT, though it has a somewhat inhibited effectiveness due to being the only DoT in the game that does not unstealth players or continue to tick when its caster has died. Curse Of Elements and Curse Of Shadows both lower the resistances of a target to two schools of magic by 75, and also increase damage done by said schools by 10%. Curse Of Elements lowers Fire and Frost, and Curse Of Shadows lowers Arcane and Shadow. Curse Of Recklessness lowers the armor of your target by 640 and increases attack power by 90 (insignificant), and also makes them immune to fear or fleeing effects. Curse Of Tongues lowers your enemy's cast rate by 60%, which actually turns into a lot more when interrupts from damage are taken into account. In PvE CoR is applied to help out physical DPS, and in PvP it can be used when a feared target is running out of range and you would like to prevent them from doing so. CoR them while they are feared and they will regain control of their character but still have the Fear effect on them. Re-curse with anything else and they will resume running around until the Fear expires. Curse Of Doom cannot be used in PvP as it is not castable on other players. It will deal 3200 damage (plus full +shadow bonus) to a target after 60 seconds, and has a 60 second cooldown. There is a chance of spawning a doomguard (which will unsummon your current pet) when CoD kills something. You will sometimes use CoD in PvE against bosses, though this really depends on your guild and also whether there are enough other Warlocks to field CoE, CoS, and CoR.

Curse Of Exhaustion and Curse Of Weakness are the two other curses. Curse Of Exhaustion is a snare (reduces to 70% when fully talented, and 50% when amplified with a 3 minute cooldown talent called Amplify Curse; for comparison, hamstring reduces to 30%) with 30 yard range and a very low mana cost (8% base). It lasts twelve seconds and can be incredibly useful in group PvP when it isn't being dispelled, as well as awesome for kiting (making them run behind you slowly while DoTs kill them) things. It is not used in raiding at all. Curse Of Weakness is completely worthless and should never be hotkeyed, placed in a hotbar, talented, or even trained. Yes, you can cast it on a Hunter's cat and cut its dps in half, but it doesn't really have much dps to begin with (its main threat being spell interruption). Worthless.

Keep in mind that +magical damage encompasses both Fire and Shadow for Warlocks. DoT and channeled bonuses are spread throughout the duration of the spell, not applied per tick.

Spells that recieve +Shadow damage bonuses:

Corruption (80% bonus)

Curse Of Agony (100% bonus)

Curse Of Doom (100% bonus)

Death Coil (20% bonus)

Drain Life (50% bonus, keep in mind that this bonus is spread out throughout all five ticks of Drain Life)

Drain Mana (talented only, 50% bonus)

Drain Soul (100% bonus)

Shadow Bolt (90% bonus)

Shadowburn (40% bonus)

Siphon Life (50% bonus)

Spells that recieve +Fire damage bonuses:

Immolate (60% bonus, unsure if this is applied seperately to the initial cast damage and the DoT or not)

Hellfire (30% bonus)

Rain Of Fire (30% bonus)

Searing Pain (40% bonus)

Soul Fire (100% bonus)

Main Talents - Talents which Warlock specs are built around

Endurance

Dark Pact: Used with the Imp, Dark Pact supplies a steady stream of mana. The main appeal of a Dark Pact build is the fact that you get every other talent in the Affliction tree, which is very solid save for a few talents in the first few tiers. 31 point talent.

Demonic Sacrifice: Sacrificing a Voidwalker pretty much gives you a permanent Renew, and eliminates any form of downtime without having to resort to bandages or food/water. Gaining health has the advantage of being lifetappable to mana at an efficient ratio with the Improved Lifetap talent, as well as being health and not mana. 21 point talent.

Soul Link: Splits damage with you and your pet as well as giving you a 3% damage bonus. Effectively increases your HP by 30%, as any pet other than your Imp shouldn't be dying in most confrontations.

Damage

Ruin: This talent turns a 1500 crit into 2000. Considering that it is a 21 point talent and only has one rank, many Warlocks choose to include it in a varied number of builds.

Conflagrate: Gives you a new instant cast damage spell that will let you do some crazy burst DPS. You also get Ruin in the speccing process. 31 point talent.

Solid Talents - Great Warlock talents which should always be considered:

Affliction

Improved Corruption: Instant cast on this is great against Rogues, as it will reveal them when stealthed while Curse of Agony does not (COA does not do damage when the afflicted target is out of range or stealthed, or you are dead).

Improved Lifetap: 2 points for greater Lifetap efficiency is something that should never be passed up if your build allows it.

Suppression: 3 points in this will negate base resists. This talent's main purpose is reducing the chance of your Fears and Death Coils being resisted.

Demonology

Demonic Embrace: 15% bonus to total stamina at the cost of 5% spirit. We don't need spirit, and even if we did, that HP bonus is too good to pass up. The only build that shouldn't have this talent is Ruin/Shadow Mastery, and maybe Conflag/Nightfall (though that should still have atleast 2 points in this).

Master Demonologist: This talent gives you and your pet a bonus (the type of which depends on which pet you currently have out). The Succubus and Felhunter ones are the most useful, with the Imp one coming up close behind it for raiding (though useless in PvP).

Bane: .5 seconds may not seem like much at first, but you will definitely notice it if you have played with and without this talent. This talent truly shines in end-game content, where those .5 seconds amount to a 15%+ increase in Shadowbolt DPS.

Shadowburn: Your only instant cast damage spell other than Conflagrate, which is a 31 point talent while this one is only 11. A great spell, with the only downside being that it consumes a Soul Shard. As of recently, you will get your Soul Shard back if the target is killing within a certain time span after being shadowburned (I think its like 9 seconds).

Honorable Mention: Fel Domination

You only get this talent if you are speccing Demonology either for Sacrifice, MD, or Soul Link. It would be great if it weren't for the fact that its on a 15 minute timer. Regardless, being able to summon a pet instantly IS pretty nice when the damn thing is up. Mainly used for summoning a Voidwalker and sacrificing it immediately.

And that is pretty much what i was going to say. People dont really know about the curses i find. They do a lot of things that just dont leap out at you because they generally stop the target doing something to you rather than allowing you to do something to a target. The curse of tongues is amazing. Especially combined with a bit of spell locking (read: silence). If you dont belive me, ask a priest!

As part of the "run through Blackrock mountain 50 times just to get a sodding key" chain of quests, we have this, the perfect UBRS run.

ubrssweetrun3ij.th.jpg

Note the durability. I only got hit once on the whole run, and that was by the Beasts AOE attack. Repair bill for the whole run tho Drakki's death was 15 silver.

Dragonrider boots dropped, and i beat three mages and one priest to win them. Nice.

Draconian Deflector dropped from Drakki. One of the Shamen rolled 100. Warrior called rank, claiming it is a tank shield. Everyone agreed (myself included actually) as while its nice for a Shamie to have, its essential for a Warrior who will be tanking in MC. Shamie will be healing in there. +Def isnt needed, and +FR isnt as important for someone who is ranged, and in a group with a low aggro totem down. They wont be getting as much fire damage. So Milkman, one of the PDX lads one it.

And of course, a 15 man run with only one Warlock in it, who already has his Dreadmist robe kills Drakki without a single wipe, guess what classgear drops. I doubt you need to click this link to find out. But needless to say, i passed and a mage went away with a new purple robe..

Thats the bugger. Is it worth doing this Q or is it going to cost me more to complete than I'd get back?

Will make you one if you w/ me later mate.

Samisdead.

Samisdead.

Samisdead.

Nice one Sam, cheers

Did a Scholo class run (of sorts, two priests and no drood, but close enough) last night with Dan. The two priests seemed to win every single roll going. I made it that Lacroix (ex of PDX) won about 5 of the boss stones in a row! The hat that dropped off the last boss was plate, so I'm stuck with the hunter shite for now. (and consqequently trying to explain to Dan WHY I'm wearing it!)

It's simple divvy!

Firstly, it was free on a greed roll.

Secondly, the Elements hat refuses to drop, and the epic shammy Q for Skyfury helm is **** impossible!

Thirdly while it's hunter gear, it has +10 int, +20 sta. I'd have to pay quite a bit for a greenie with stats like that. The +20 agi gives me a nice bonus to my armor as well, plus the usual agi benefits.

Fourthly, I obviously wouldnt have rolled on it if there had been a hunter in the party that needed it!

It does look shit though, thank **** you can turn it off!

^^^Your hair looks shitter!

and to be pedantic, you didn't Greed it, you needed it in the Hunter's absence! Anyway, I'm going to show all my Warrior mates my un-usable Valor Helm, just to show how unjust this game is!

BTW if you can't get your class helm, then farm another like me. My cap doesn't only look better but it has better stats too, and dropped first time! Just inspect a Shammy, find a cap you like and thott it, surely its better then wearing another classes gear (yes, as you can tell by now this is one of my pet hates, I remember when a Mage ninjad a Locks Helm in Scholomance, it even made me angry!)

I'd rather be naked then wear Dr00d gear! and man theres a lot of that shit dropping recently isn't there Nays?

Every L60 shammy I see either has the Elements helm, or the Skyfury, both from Scholo. I haven't seen anything easily available that would be better than the BS one, so what's the point spending time farming for something else that probably wouldn't drop anyway! I'm going to keep doing Scholo till the bastard drops! It has too soon, surely!! I really enjoy Scolo anyway though, so it's no problem.

And Dan, I do love the way you shout "right, AOE!" before entering a room with multiple mobs that everybody's been in a million times before!!

Â